South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Mid-August Weekend - 15th and 16th

Good Saturday morning. My neighbours finished partying at 3 a.m. and the guests must have had a good time since they were pretty noisy when they left. I do believe "they had drink taken" and I hope they got home safely. Of course, my dogs woke up to the ruckus and had to be calmed down. They went back to sleep but I didn't.

Spent most of yesterday holed up with the PC and accounting crud but did enjoy the AC on such an oppressively hot and humid day. I did take a rum cake down to the staff at the Mill to "celebrate" Matt's last day of work before he leaves for university. What a great staff we've had this summer! Four of them have become fast friends and were off to Ottawa after work with assorted BFs and GFs.

Today is bread day and milling day and only three more weeks until we close. We do have special tours and other events right through to Christmas but the day-to-day pressure will be off.

Time for some breakfast - blueberries and yogurt this morning - and then I'm off to pick up bread from Margo. I've learned to eat breakfast first since the drive home with a car full of fresh and warm bread is way too tempting!

Have a great weekend, Chickies.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth sorry your sleep and the puos were interrupted. I woukd have to put the bread in the trunk lol. Today is an AC day here. First really humid day in almost two weeks. I'll leave it on for the pups when I go to work.

Nothing new or exciting here. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, you made me look chicks. It will be more humid and warm here today, but not too bad. I'm sure DH will be kickin' in the a/c though.

Ruth - I'd ....I'd....I'm not sure there's anywhere I could put that bread or do anything to stop me from wanting some! On the roof?

Jennifer - hope it's a quiet day at work for you.

Today our neighbor's son is having their big country party - think four wheelers, pig pickin', and gun shootin'. DH and kids really enjoy it. I have to make a side dish this morning for it, and otherwise no plans. We're going to go a bit later, since I can't do much but just sit. Their land out there is absolutely beautiful!

Enjoy and keep cool!
Old 08-15-2015, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmm! I'm afraid I'd have to have a little of that fresh, warm, bread, Ruth. Your car must smell divine!

Jennifer, that's such sad news about your friend's family. I hope you have a good day, today.

I'll be closing up the house and turning the AC on later, but right now it's delightfully cool with the windows and doors open. I haven't made any plans for the day except for a run to Walmart this morning, and church this evening. And I have to stop by my SIL's some time this weekend to pick up an order she's holding for me. Other than that, it'll be a quiet, restful, weekend.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:31 AM   #5  

Good morning, Tammy! Enjoy the party this afternoon!
Old 08-15-2015, 08:06 AM   #6  

Wow it's after 8 and the pups haven't moved not even when DS was getting breakfast. I guess these are the lazy dog days of summer! Tammy I think I would enjoy your friend's party. Hope you do too, stay cool and seated if you can...Linda I try to leave the house open in the morning, but I found with my old AC it's better to start it early while the house is comfortable. I used to hate when my grandma woukd close all the blinds on a summer day. Now I know why. Especially the second floor the sun reflects off the roof and makes it feel like a sauna up there!
Old 08-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I slept a lot last night, thinking of us! I'm just now enjoying my 1st cup of coffee. Kirk is coming over this morning so I don't know what will be doing today. I may go out and try to dig some weeds while it's still cool. Other than that, no great plans yet.

Ruth, it's amazing that it's only three weeks till the middle closes. As always, it's been a quick summer.

Jennifer, I hope work passes quickly.

Linda, I hope your day is relaxing.

Tammy, enjoy the party. If I were there I'd sit with you. It sounds like a beautiful place.

Structural part of the greenhouse is finished but we won't be attaching it to the beams today as it rained again last night and everything is Monday. Too bad since I'd like to get the weed cloth down and gravel laid. It's all sitting in buckets which are filling with rainwater daily. Oh well. I'll see if I can post a picture. It's pretty cute!

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-15-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:20 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sunny day but it will get hot and humid this afternoon. DD2 has soccer practice this morning, I may just drop her off and come back home to do some weeding. I need to power wash the siding as well since it has some mildew on the north side.

Ruth I am afraid I would also have to a bit, warm fresh bread is my weakness.

Jekel hope your work goes by quickly

Tywnn enjoy the part this afternoon

Cottage I keep the ac on but just turn it up so it doesn't kick on until it gets hot.

Enjoy your weekend
Old 08-15-2015, 08:27 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Pic

Pearlrose, your home is really getting a spruce up today with weeding and power washing! Good thing it also counts as exercise LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (34.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-15-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks.
We have overcast right now, the prediction is thunderstorms later and the air is quite heavy. We will run the AC just for the dehumidifying effect.

I spent an hour on the phone with tech support yesterday but finally got my software installed. The key was the special one-time password sent in an email that was supposed to allow me to download it from Microsoft. Guess I kinda overlooked that instruction.

Tammy, the party sounds fun. Enjoy yourself.
Ruth, fresh bread smells so good; I would also have issues resisting.
Debbie, we are in for some hot weather this week. I think I will either cover the grass where I want the raised bed to start to kill it, or maybe just turn it everyday for a few days. Either way I am resolved to install it. (thanks for the inspiration) The greenhouse looks great!

Have a great day, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 08-15-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #11  

Debbie the greenhouse looks great!!!! May you grow lots of goodies in there
Old 08-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #12  

Beth, a very easy way to start a new plot is to just put down a layer of cardboard. It will effectively kill the grass and any weeds underneath it, and will also gradually break down. You can either put a layer of garden soil over top of it, or leave as is and just poke a hole for each plant. We call it "lasagna gardening."
Old 08-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Cottage, thanks for the reminder!! I haven't done that for years, but now I remember the trick.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:20 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning and boy will we have sun! There is a severe heat and humidity warning for the next week. I guess nobody told the weather gods that we always cool down in mid-August!

Yesterday was rather tiring. After delivering the bread to the Mill, I went home and did some laundry but got called back to the Mill by 10:30 because we had so many visitors. I ended up working until 4:30 doing tours and even bagging flour as Chris milled it. (Never wear black pants for that job.) I slept well last night - no noisy parties going on.

I'm hoping for a relaxing day today and plan to stay away from the Mill except for delivering pay cheques. (We'll see how that works out!) There is a Fair Board "Social" at noon to thank the Fair volunteers but I opted out when it first was announced. I just cannot handle another meal with both potato and macaroni salad plus cheesecake made with a powdered mix! Yick! The dogs and I will try for a quiet day since I have a jam-packed week ahead. I might even sit down and figure out how to use my new cell phone.

Enjoy your day and stay cool - physically and mentally!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yesterday was my last shift at my old job. Came home and ate, ate, ate - which I have to attribute to stress although I should have been feeling LESS stress. Today is my first day off in a week - haven't worked this many in so many years I can't remember!

DH and I are going to see if we can get in a bike ride this morning. Haven't had a chance between my two jobs and his mom. BIL that has been with us all week leaves tomorrow which means less help with MIL.

Okay, will rein in my eating TODAY.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread