South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Motivation SBD Chat, 8/10

I'm trying to find some motivation in my coffee cup to inspire me for the week. It's hard after a lazy week's vacation!

The girls got back from their vacation in Wyoming at a dude ranch over the weekend, and I'm eager to hear all about their adventures. I hope they started attacking all the laundry they must have brought home with them, too. So I anticipate today will be busy with finishing up laundry, a grocery run, and generally getting back into the swing of things before school starts.

How's your Monday and the week ahead looking for you?
Old 08-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Linda and chicks to come!

I've been up for an hour now and haven't found much motivation other than drinking coffee although I did start the dishwasher. LOL. Now I'm down to my one hour before I need to leave so I guess I better start thinking about things. I do need to get my smoothie made but other and then that I think I will just keep this Monday morning pretty low-key.

I think my work day will be pretty busy. I guess Sturgis is this coming weekend and we've had lots of bikers coming through. Town has just been playing busy, too. Work has been busy busy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-10-2015, 07:08 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda, Lexxiss and Chicks to follow. Another great day is unfolding - we've had a run of excellent weather since the Jersey Chicks' visit. We'll hit 84º today but things cool down nicely for sleeping. (I even used a blanket last night!)

Feeling motivated this morning since my Anniversary party weight has left! I did get garden things done yesterday and have more on the schedule today along with the bank run with the weekend's "loot". (There was an antique car show in the park and the re were lots of folks visiting the Mill.) I do have a doggie visitor this a.m. - Angus, the Springer spaniel is here for the day. He's a real sweetie who is nicely spoiled by my cousin Lisa who with her 15-year old daughter is going Over The Big Bridge to do some shopping in Watertown.

Tried Millie with the harness yesterday. She loved it but it is a tad small and a struggle to get on. I need to get a larger one for her. Hmmm - if Lisa asks I may mention it to her. I'm sure she'll be going into a pet store since Angus is even more spoiled and adored than my two.

Since it's Motivation Monday, I am going to cook a spaghetti squash and have it with pesto and tomatoes for supper tonight. I plan to lose ten pounds before a little trip in mid-October. Cutting down on starchy carbs seems to work best for me. Giving up wine would work even better!

Merry Monday, everyone.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I certainly coukd use some motivation. Tomorrow I will start P1.5 I came home with a 3 pound gain since last week. Ugh and since I was over goal before I left, I have some work to do. I'm going to defrost the veggie soup I made awhile ago. I figure having dental work tomorrow soup might be a good idea. Joe will be here for dinner tomorrow. lol he may need to pick up something for himself as I see a dinner smoothie in my future.

Today I am trying to get settled before going to Rebecca's for lunch. I think I will pick up a bouquet of flowers to bring with me.

Ruth enjoy your time with Angus.

Debbie I hope work isn't too crazy

Linda glad the Turks had a good time and you enjoyed your trip.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Lightbulb

Good morning, chatty chicks!

I will take a cup of coffee, and a cup of motivation with it! I could use the help on many fronts. I am 2 days into "getting my act together" with respect to food (Ruth, I am trying to avoid the wine also) but I also don't have much motivation for outside work today. But with rain moving in tomorrow I should at least deadhead and pull a few weeds.

Cottage, have a good day at work. It is hard to go back, isn't it.
Debbie, hope you aren't too busy today.
Ruth, we appreciate all the business you Canucks bring across the bridge! Actually, Watertown is the closest "big shopping" for me too.

Coffee time for me too.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:03 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beth, I didn't realize we were that close - thought you were near Syracuse. We have to meet sometime soon.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I could use some motivation this morning as well, did not want to get up this morning. I am at work today and have back to back meetings with my budget meeting last, should make the day go quickly.

We had a big booming thunderstorm last evening with lots of lightening but it finally settled down in time for bed. Nothing much on the agenda today.

Cottage hope you don't have too much to laundry to do today

Debbie hope time flies by for you at work today

Ruth enjoy your visitor

Jekel hope your dentist appointment goes by quickly, my check up was painless no issues.

Beth enjoy your day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 2"

Nice to realize that we are in Canada as well as USA. Could use the rain, threatening with dark clouds but looks as if I'll be watering this evening.

Jennifer Ouch, dentist for help.

Thank goodness I get today to catch up on laundry and get Family Room cleaned up with all that pottery removed from shelves, lots of dusting, then re-arrange many pottery pieces to display better, and be easy to reach because we use it regularly.

Motivated to make this Monday a good day!
Sandy
Old 08-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

This is a busy week for me: two sessions of training for my new job; three shifts at my old job. Today is the new job. Which is also a longer commute until the store near me opens. BIL is staying with us for a week while he visits MIL. She is still in rehab and they are still hoping to move her home, but she'll need round-the-clock care. I've been craving bread lately - darn stress!

Have a great day.
Closed Thread