South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, I'm adding bee balm to my gardening list. I have the red one and would love to have some to mix with October copper beech leaves. I wonder if it dries without falling apart? Too bad we don't live closer so I could lend you my dehydrator.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:01 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up to thunderstorms this morning, quick blip of electric but it came right back on and has stayed on.

Today need to color hair and do some more laundry and DD2 has art class and soccer practice.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 2"

Ruth
We love the bee balm, too and have it by chain link fence. Mine is almost thru for this year. Our yard isn't large enough in area of good sun so I'm going to keep seeds but also dig up some to plant against fence closer to the back fence.

The area with bee balm will become my veggie garden next spring. The entire side with good sun was to be all veggies, but I kept sneaking in perennials and our Maple kept getting larger to shade the back half by 3:00PM No choice but to clear that area closer to front gate so we can have fresh veggies.

What I meant to say is that I doubt if it would dry, but since we have a dehydrator I may try it and some other flowers. Thanks for the idea. And Is the 50th anniversary YOURS? if so congratulations.

Cindy I did deadhead the bee balm and the rebloom has been a great delight. I remember this plant from my Great Aunt's fantastic garden. Thanks for encouragement.

Good Mass today and saw some people that were new to our Parish. Enjoyed visiting with favorites, too. Rest of our family will go to the 11:00 Mass but we chose the early 8:30 one today.

Got a funny thing happen. This morning I put on a black pair of slacks and was in a hurry, didn't realize till I got in the car to sit that "these pants are tighter than last time I wore them." Weight is going down slowly but this shouldn't be happening!!! After Church as I was hanging them up, I checked and sure enough the normal larger size I've been wearing were still hanging up. I wore the smaller ones I had put in the bedroom closet in hopes of being able to wear them "soon." Wow, do I feel better. The smaller ones are snug, but not bad when I'm standing. Of course this would be the one Sunday that I was Reader and processed in with the Priest, and altar servers as I was carrying the Gospels Book to put on the Altar.

Still trying to follow South Beach, but slow going. Sure appreciate the encouragements Thanks Enjoy this day. Sandy

Last edited by love2garden; 08-09-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Closed Thread