South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 06:25 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday South Beach Chat, July 28

Good morning!

Coffee is on! Work is early so I'd best enjoy it while I can!

Work was crazy busy yesterday and on the homefront Bing had a pretty rough day. He was at my moms and so I rushed home and managed to get him stabilized over the course of the evening. I really needed to the mow the lawn so I brought the pups out later when it was cool and he laid in the grass which seem to feel good. He's going to stay with my mom again today and I'm really grateful I have some days off ahead. I've got a massage scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'll just take things a moment at a time.

What's on everyone's agenda? Stop and say hi! And have a great day!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-28-2015 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Work is early here too, Debbie, only it's self-inflicted. After coffee, I need to really get it in gear and get ready for weekend company. I'm almost afraid to make a list of what needs doing but know it's time to sort the Christmas stuff into keep, pitch and recycle.

Yes, it sure was hot here yesterday but did go down to 64ºF overnight. My AC has been running constantly and there isn't a fan to be bought anywhere in the County! I am so glad of the AC. Lots of moaning and crabbing about the heat and humidity from folks I meet as very few have AC around here. I don't mention mine!

I plan one little errand today. My Sears sheet order was in late last week and I got the notification. Drove into pick it up yesterday and found the place closed on Monday! All wasn't lost though as I picked up raspberries and three cobs of sweet corn for supper. That's my corn season indulgence and YES I use real butter! This is just the start of the corn season around here and I'm sure I'll be having it again.

Time to tackle the small daily jobs before I start the Big Purge and Pitch upstairs.

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings. Meanwhile, !!!!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, is there anything to use but real butter?! I hope you have a calm day today.

Debbie- sorry to hear Bing had a bad day. I hope today he feels better. Hugs to you and him.

Today for me is taking the kids to the doc (I almost said vet, LOL) for their physicals, and to get a few other errands done. I made a batch of black bean and corn salad on Sunday, and they are loving it!! We'll go to the library after lunch, and hopefully I'll take it easy otherwise.

Coffee is ready!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! My coffee is extra delicious this morning.

Have a good day at work, Debbie, and I hope Bing stays stabilized and comfortable. Hope you're feeling a lot better, too!

Ruth, corn is my summer indulgence, too, and I have to have it with real butter! I love a simple summer supper of a couple ears of corn and sliced garden tomatoes. Mmmmmmm!

We're covered in a cotton candy white cloud this morning! I can barely make out the houses across the street! It's supposed to be HHH (hot, humid, hazy) today, and Cindy wants me to do some weeding today. I guess I'll get it done first thing while it's still cool. Sometimes I wish I'd never told her I like to garden.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a good day, Tammy! I made a batch of your confetti salad over the weekend, and taking a container to share at the farm today. It gets better each day!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm sitting here while plumbers are working on the hot water heater. Our old one died a few weeks back and we got it replaced but they needed to come back for something. All very expensive but I sure missed my hot water the days it wasn't working!

My phone has been acting up lately so I will be researching a new one. Anyone have the Samsung Galaxy S6?
I hate the learning curve and getting everything up and running. With my current phone, DH bought the same style just before I did which helped a lot. But he's since replaced his.

Super hot here still this week.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread