South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 11:11 AM   #1  

Default Newbie - Somewhere btw SBD and Atkins

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to site and it seems great. As my subject line suggests, I am somewhere between Atkins and SBD. I was on WW but stop awhile when the pounds just refused to move. However, WW was good in helping me to examine what I was eating. It was mostly carbs which brought me to this direction.

I haven't officially started either plan. I'm looking into them and SBD seems to a little bit more reasonable. I have tried to eliminate most carbs in the past 2 weeks however. I've eating mostly salads, but I've finding it hard to give up the salad dressings ( I like ranch and honey mustard). I have given up the soda for Diet Arizona Green Tea which for me is better tasting than diet soda.

Do you guys have any suggestions for the salad dressings? I think it will very difficult for me to get through the two weeks without any good salad dressings.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 03:16 PM   #2  

Hi Jazze-and Welcome! Yes dressings are OK ( see above post ) just manage to keep the sugars 3 gms. or less! I'm sure you'll like the SBD way of living! I've tried them all and this is certainly doable!!
Old 08-13-2003, 06:03 AM   #3  
Mous

Check the recipe board there is a great Ceasar salad dressing there.
Paul Newman has great bottled ones as well.

Lady
Old 08-14-2003, 08:51 AM   #4  

Thanks Laked and Lady Windsong. I will take your suggestions.

Jazze
Old 08-15-2003, 07:49 AM   #5  
thin within

Default looking also

i have been researching sb as well as carbohydrate addict's program. i did not like atkins, as i am not a big meat eater. sb looks good, but how hard is it to follow. i'm 5'9" and need to lose about fifty pounds. i'm trying to find something that i can live with from now on. i'd also like to know how much people are losing. any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:24 AM   #6  

I've done both now CAD and SBD and while they are similar, I think that I prefer SBD for the long haul.

On CAD you could only have carbs at one meal per day and you could eat as much as you wanted as long as you kept it within one hour. With that I tended to get carried away and sometimes made my "hour" one big binge, which is certainly not the plan of the WOE.

On SBD I feel less hungry, more in control, and that I'm having a healthy and balanced diet.

That's not to say that CAD doesn't work better for others and I did lose some weight on it, but I didn't feel that it was something I could do for life, and SBD is.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:30 AM   #7  
thin within

Lightbulb thanks anniegirl

i appreciate it. i am hoping to lose well with it. my scales have not yet arrived from the states. thanks again!
Closed Thread