Tasty Tuesday Daily 8/12

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • SO, what have you been thinking of tasting that you have NEVER tasted before?

I have been thinking of tasting that chocolate bar in my freezer.......well not any more. I had a chat with myself and decided I only wanted it because it was there! I wanted it, BUT, I really didn't want it and I know you all know what I mean.

I wanted to taste the ricotta dessert, but I think I am the only one here that did NOT like it. I am going to taste it again. It is still in the white monster and isn't it funny that I don't want it, but wanted the chocolate bar!
    When I DO want something, and I know I shouldn't, but then I say I can't deprive myself or I could set myself up for a slip, and maybe even a BIG slip, I adhere to the 3 bite rule. Take 3 bites, REGULAR ones, not eat the whole thing in 3 bites and say well, I only had 3 bites! This satifies the "need" for something and it makes you feel okay with yourself. NO GUILT. May not work for all, but you don't have to make a habit of it, just use it for the times when you may slip and this can help. They say it is mind over matter and how true a statement this is. It is my mind over the matter of cake, cookies, pie, ice cream and even MORE NUTS!

So, what have you wanted to taste?

Make this a tasty Tuesday and try something new, And give it the 3 bite rule! Taste it, decide whether you like it, and if it was not on SBD only taste 3 bites.

Going to play cards today. Already told the host that I would not be eating her "goodies" and she is getting me some nuts!!! Cashews!! I WILL incorporate MIND OVER MATTER today!

Hope you all have a Tasty Tuesday.

Lady
  • Good Morning:

Day one is over with and I must say it went quite well. No cravings or hunger.

I'm with you Lady I do not like that Ricotta stuff, no matter what I mix with it or how long I mix it, it tastes nasty

Well on to day 2 and thanks for the warm welcome
  • Good morning chicksters! Boy, I really should have used the 3 bite rule last night! The women I work with brought in dinner for my birthday (which is later this week.) It was so sweet and thoughtful of them, and I was really touched.

Unfortunately it was about as far from SBD guidelines as you can get! I just couldn't say "sorry, I can't eat that" when they went to the trouble to surprise me! Maybe I should have, but I just couldn't. So....for the first time in the past couple of weeks, I really blew it. Not just a little slip or one bad choice...a whole, big old non SBD meal I don't feel guilty so much as resigned.

I am thinking about restarting phase 1...maybe it will strengthen my resolve and get me back on track? But I also know there will always be some occasion, some excuse to make bad choices. I don't suppose 2 weeks on phase 1 will change that?

Maybe all I need to do is redouble my efforts? My actual birthday is later this week and as of right now there are no plans (that I know of) for a cake or anything. I don't think my DH will do that to me! Bless him!

As for what I want to taste today...I think I have done all the tasting I need to, thank you very much!

Here's hoping you all have a great day!
  • Hi,

I'm about ready to start phase one again. I can't seem to leave things alone. My hubby works nights & when I'm home alone, well, sometimes I can't be trusted!! Those pistacios and fudgsicles are haunting me!! I'm not very happy this morning. I have to get my self straightened out. I'm not even close to where I want to be & I certainly don't want to gain anything back! Please chicks, help me out here! Kick my butt or whatever you think I might need!!!
  • good morning ladies....yesterday was a semi good day...perfect except to many OP snacks last night....they have calories too.

lady....I don't like that ricotta either...NASTY!! I am going to try it one more time though....I can't believe I don't like something that everyone raves about!!! So not me!!

ZuzeQ...good going on day 1..you are on your way!!

Franny...I would not have been able to turn down such a nice gesture either.... Wonder why we don't like that ricotta??
  • Dotismom...I have the same problem...My husband goes to work real early in the wee hours...He goes to bed very early in the evening....I am left to my own devices and all I want to do is eat!!! I am fine until he goes to bed and then this evil side of me appears....and, she wants to do bad things. like eat!!!!
  • Dotismom

Journal your feelings along with your food.

Writing helps.

Keep good things around.

Plan for those times that you are feeling alone.

Come here and Post.

Think before you act and ask this? Do I really want it OR do I want it?

Lady
  • let's try it again
    Morning all you beach bums...lol
    (don't ya just wish?)

Anyway....I couldn't get here yesterday, it was sooo busy at work..
    I missed you guys..

I've been slipping...badly... TOM is here and I now know why I've had such cravings the past week, (didn't realize it was coming)...ie 3 donuts, ice cream bar, choc cake (all yesterday!!)

I'm re-committing myself to Phase 1 again...starting NOW I was feeling so good when I was in control, I love this WOL and can't understand why I sabotage it...

Now the good news: I've actually been walking the puppy 2 miles each night, even did it twice on Sunday!!! My new goal is to walk her 2 miles in the AM, then again at night....

Lady, thanks for the 3 bite rule....that will help ALOT

Looking forward to the messages of the day....I'm also going to be calling out for help if I feel myself getting out of control.

Have a great one !!

Di
  • DI

You CAN and WILL succeed.

Take a deep breath and think healthy.

Marcie
  • I just have to say thank you to all of you for your support. It was these message boards that helped me decide to do the SBD in the first place. Now, one week later, I feel great! I lost 9 pounds so far but that's not my biggest achievement. Last night I went out to my favorite restaurant with friends and, while I would normally order chicken & cheddar on a roll w/ french fries dipped in honey mustard and an Amstel light, I actually just had some regular chicken and water. I even had french fries on my plate and didn't touch them! I love this WOE! Next Tuesday I get weighed and measured at the gym and believe it or not I can't wait!
  • Thanks Marcie...

Great job Noette....not even 1 ff..I'm impressed!!!

I was thinking....even with my slip ups I keep coming back...
    before, I would just give up...there must be something to this diet for me to keep plugging along....
    then again, it could be the company here...such a great group!!!

Thanks so much for being there to lean on....I'm here for the long run, no matter how long it takes me..

Di
  • Didi....you just put into words what I have been thinking!!!! I keep trying everyday!! That is something for me....I look forword everday to the inspiration I get here....I think it is you guys....
  • Morning

didi & Whimsey I find the same thing...when I slip up I don't let it keep going. For some reason on this program I don't let the bad take over the good, I just start over with good stuff. I don't know what it is....Maybe we are just ready to do this.

Hang in there and have a op day!!!
  • Greetings Beachsters!!!!!
    Well thankfully I am still on plan after my little " I think I will have some brown rice, even though I am on day 14". Could I have just waited a few more hours until I was on Phase 2!!!!!! That's Ok, If that was my only cheat on Phase 1, I consider myself lucky. I am still plugging away on Phase 1 today, as I did yesterday (to make up for brown rice slip ). I haven't weighed lately, but my pants are hanging off my butt like a rap star...

Lady- I am with you girl with those Ricotta desserts. I can't even stomach the thought. Have fun at your card game. Don't go "nuts"!!!

Franny- happy early birthday. You deserve to cheat a little on your birthday. Don't beat yourself up about it, just get back on track!!

Noette- impressive french fry rejection abilities!!!

Whimsey- At least your snacks were OP. It could have been worse.....

to all the peeps who have "relapsed" or are having a hard time staying on track..........KEEP COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a fabulous day!!!
  • Good Morning: Lady- thanks for the 3 bite rule. I'll remenber this when I want a BIG taste of something. good for you with the chocolate bar still in the freezer.

Since I am new to this thread, I'm going to be generic, since I can never keep all the names straight. The first time I tried the ricotta cream I hated it too. That was the vanilla. Yesterday I made the Lime, and didn't like that either. But now the chocolate, after i doctored it a little i really like. I make it in one cup batches and add an exta tsp and 1/2 of cocoa. Add 2 or 3 pakgs. of splenda. Add another 1/2 tsp. of vanilla, and then add 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. of brandy extract. Whiz it in the food processor until it is smooth and creamy. It gets rid of that grainy texture, and that little brandy adds a little something special.

I'm on day 4 of Phase 2 and I am tempted to go back to 1. I haven't cheated, but I am starting to crave, which I didn't before. Also on Ph. 1 I never had heartburn and last night I had a mild case of heartburn after supper. Anyone else have similar problems?

I'm with all of you other nut lovers. especially pistachios and almonds. It is hard to count out just 30 or 15. I want a whole handful.

I am trying the recipe for Perfection Salad today. That hasn't a calorie in it I don't think. At least very few. Hope I like it. I really am enjoying reading all your posts and support. It helps a lot to know how others handle situation that have come up for them.

Have another great day on the Beach? Ann

P.S. Do any of you belong to the South Beach on line program?