South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 11:07 PM   #1  

Question Why did you choose SBD?

Hi all!
I am curious as to why all of you chose the SBD. I was on WW for 20 months, made LT but have started gaining a bit back. This SBD intrigues me as lowering carb levels has always resulted in success with losses but I DO love my carbs. Is the first 2 weeks doable for a carb lover? Losing belly fat as Dr. Agaston claims this diet will do also appeals to the vanity in me.......I lost everywhere but my belly.....now have no butt but a thick waist. I am trying to decide whether to just do a lower carb, higher protein version of WW or go for the SBD. Any help out there? Thanks

Diana
Old 08-12-2003, 04:41 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

I decided to give SBD a try after I realized that while I was eating a low fat diet, it wasn't very balanced or healthy.

I was eating too many processed foods, too many carbs, not enough veggies or fruits and almost no dairy. I knew I needed some balance.

SBD is doable, even for "carb lovers!" The first two weeks can be challenging, but also rewarding because the weight usually comes off so quickly. There are a host of foods to choose from, you are encouraged to eat when you are hungry, you don't have to measure anything, and you rediscover how good food can taste! After the first two weeks you can add back in "good" carbs - whole grains, fruits, yoghurt, etc. I think this is the tough part for me...knowing how much I can add without stalling my weightloss or causing cravings for high carb foods.

I really love the fact that this plan was developed by a cardiologist, so is very heart healthy. And it is also designed to "retrain" people to eat healthy for life, not just until they lose the weight. I really like that aspect.

That isn't to say it is always easy. Making changes is always challenging, and this is no different! But with a good plan and a lot of support I feel like this can really work for me, for the long term, not just for a while!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:04 AM   #3  
Mous

Wink I am SO glad I watched TV that night

Actually, I saw that the Clinton's were on this diet and they really looked great.
So I looked into it and thought that it had potential.
I did the WW, but I had a 30 pound weight loss with the Heller's Diet Plan. I even tried eDiet's..but.....
I kept all but 5 pounds off after 2 years. Still 25 pounds is a GOOD thing.
I really wanted a program that I could eat healthy and make food decisions instead of the food making MY decisions.
Yay for this WOE.
You can find the book at buy.com for $12.72 total!
Why did I chage from the plan that was working?....TOO much salad!!!
I am glad I watched the news that night

Lady
Old 08-12-2003, 11:30 AM   #4  
The Walking Lady

I chose SBD because I am totally addicted to carbs. I don't mean that in a funny way. I am serious. Carbs make me only want more carbs. Which raise Insulin, which is known as the storage hormone. When I cut down on my bad carbs, my cravings do not get out of control.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:47 AM   #5  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

I chose this diet because it is less restrictive for *MY* personal taste. I am not a very big meat eater. I LOVE fresh fruit and veggies, and could live off of this alone, but every diet I ever read said during inductions that *FRUIT* is a No-No. After reading the diet plan very well I found there are alot of FRUITS that I like, I can actually have with the induction phase

I find this alot easier to follow, and I know this is one I can stick for life
Closed Thread