South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 05:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Torrid Tuesday? July 7

Certainly is summer around here - finally! It was really hot upstairs despite the AC and fan so I just stayed up after my 4 a.m. potty run. I may try to work in a siesta after lunch.

For once there is nothing on the calendar for today. Whatever will I do to "fill in the time"! (I hate that expression and hear it a lot from the seniors around here.) Actually it'll be nice to have an "at home" day with the dogs - I might even venture out behind the barn and water my raised bed. I looked at the herbs in planters on the deck and noticed how dry they are - even the sage was wilted. We've had so much rain it's been easy to forget my usual summer watering routine.

Time for a coffee and to crank up the day.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this steamy, muggy, Tuesday morning. The sky is dark and threatening us with showers all day again, too.

Ruth, I always have to water all my pots and planters, no matter how much rain we get. I think the water just rolls off the leaves, leaving the soil dry. Have a good "at home" day today.

I have to hunt down ice cube trays before I head over to the farm this morning. I'd have gotten them last night, but didn't get Cindy's text until after 9. I'm hoping Kmart will have them, as I go right by there on my way, and they open at 8. They're for a project they're doing for Pony Club, and she didn't tell me how many she needs, either.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth and Linda, and all to follow.

Ruth, I hate when I can't go back to sleep! Like this AM, but I woke up at 5 am, which isn't horrible. I hope your day stays quiet and you don't find too much to fill in the time .

Linda - hmmm...I wonder what the project is? Cindy is so lucky to have you!

Today is my last day! I'm glad, my body is quite tired. Started PT yesterday, honestly forgot to do them last night (I'm such a creature of habit), and my body greatly disliked them this AM, LOL.

It's gloomy again here- not a bad thing on a work day!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:00 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Not Torrid here! Rainy and cool. A fly by this morning. I set the alarm since it's my early day then got busy with niggles. Working on paperwork found I have a charge at the REI store in Denver. May 25....interesting since it was a work day and (I think) Memorial Day. I don't have time now...will call when I get home. I still need to move my trash down and definitely need one more cup of coffee! Thank goodness my smoothie is made.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to be rainy and cool down to the 70's today. I have a busy day full of meetings, the day should go by quickly. Have to stop and pick up DD2 Birthday cake for tomorrow. I took off from work so she could have her party during the day.

Ruth enjoy your me day, hopefully no interruptions

Cottage, I agree Cindy is lucky to have you

Tywnn, I still do my at home PT exercises, I learned from when I was going for my neck, it helps when my neck starts to act up again

Debbie hope your day at work goes by quickly and you figure out the charge, the 25th was Memorial day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

What a bunch of early rising chicks today!

Ruth, enjoy your day and may it truly be a "me day".

Cottage, I would think Kmart would have the trays; it will be interesting to hear what the project is.

Tammy, hope this break helps your body finally heal.

Debbie and Pearl, I wish you a smooth day at work.

Not sure what is on my agenda today. Coffee, gardentime, some sort of exercise, but it is forecast to be warm again. I need to soak up the heat to get me through the long winter.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Got to bed at a decent hour but had torrential rains overnight, and the sound of it hitting the side of the house woke me at 1:44 and I had a tough time sleeping. A lot of strange dreams after that..... I was finishing up Literature, Creative Writing, and College Algebra courses (I actually did some of the math in my dream) after having completely missed the first half of the semester, and Jon Stewart was my Literature professor. What does it all MEAN?

Also woke up puffy, which I DO know means I had too much sodium with dinner. The older I get, the more sensitive I become to salt. I'll have to come up with something a little better for dinner tonight.

Well, gotta get working. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 07-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Just a quick fly by before work. I did post earlier, but not sure where it went. Maybe it got swept away in the rain......
Old 07-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Loving the family vacation on the sandy beach whilst trying to stay on THIS beach - I really ought to plan phase 1 a little better!! Maybe finish the two weeks BEFORE I am faced with fresh peaches and silver corn . . .

It is great to check in and see everyone even if I am not posting faithfully -

Everyone:
Be well!!
Closed Thread