South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 05:57 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday Beach Chatting, July 1

Good Morning

Ok, we are officially started for the month.

I haven't started coffee yet...thought I'd drop by the computer first this morning. I have a great day off planned. I'm going to do chores this morning. Pick up only. The house is reasonably clean and DH doesn't care so I decided I'm not cleaning. Think I'll head to Denver for a noon meeting and pick up a few flowers on the way. I've scheduled a 3pm massage and I'm not going to do much after that.

We had a big thunderstorm last night and accompanying rain. Guess I'll head down and see how green everything looks.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:35 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Right! Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit - except it brings luck only to the first person to say it. The bunnies are going to head for cover after their happy dance since we are in torrential rain.Once again there is a lake in my dogyard and a river running at the side of the road. *Sigh*

Today is Canada Day and the 50th Anniversary of our Maple Leaf Flag. It doesn't seem that long ago to me but ... Sure was a quick fifty years. The Village celebrations will be low key because of the rain but we do expect more Mill visitors than on a normal Wednesday.

All the Fair schoolwork is now sorted and ready for judging. I'll call Terri later and we'll set up some time to do that. I may go over and presort some of the larger stacks of entries, eliminating the really bad ones which should speed things up. The number of entries is down to just over 1000, probably because I sent out the list too late.

Just checked the weather online and it says "light" rain. Then I looked out the window and they sure are wrong. Oh well, I don't need to water or wash the car and my well won't run dry.

Enjoy Hump Day and keep swimming if you have this weather.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I remembered to say "Rabbit" as I was flipping the page on my calendar this morning. Enjoy your day off, Debbie, and Happy Homecoming to Kirk!

We had torrential thunderstorms and tornado warnings all day yesterday and overnight, but hopefully they're all out of here now. I think I'll get the girls out to help me do some gardening and weeding this morning while the soil is still wet. They both have eye doctor appointments later this afternoon, and I'll take them out for dinner afterwards since I'm working late tonight.

Monica and the girls arrived safely, and the movers had already gotten there, so they're busy getting settled in their new house. It's in a suburb of Chicago, for those who asked.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Canada Day to Ruth and Sophie! Sorry you are getting all our rain!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:09 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Canada Day to the chicks north of the (US) border! (Who's in charge around here?? Why aren't there any fireworks on the smile list??)

We look to be rainy again today, so I think more coffee is in order, and then I may be loading another book or two onto my Kindle. I'm sure when this 4 day deluge stops the weeds will need tending but I'm not going out to do it in the pouring rain.

Cottage, glad DD made it safely. Getting settled in a new place is a lot of work but can be fun.

Debbie, I'm sure you will be glad to have Kirk home. Enjoy your massage!

Ruth, sounds like you had quite the busy day yesterday with all of the artwork sorting!

Happy Hump Day, chicks!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning and happy July to all!

I'm having a bowl of overnight oats with nectarines and pecans . I had to think of you ladies since this is where I got the recipe at!

Work today. Two more days after that and I am off! It is a relief to know I get a break for a while. Let's hope it works!

Rainy here too - that's okay when I'm working. Hopefully we'll get a bit o' sunshine tomorrow!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Did somebody say rain??? Looks like we have a theme going on.

Ruth and Sophie Happy Canada Day.

Linda glad DD and family arrived safely. A friend from HS lives in Frankfort.

Debbie glad you are treating yourself to a massage today. Enjoy your day off

Tammy glad you only have to work two more days.Glad you are taking time to heal.

Nothing new or exciting here. Just work. Tomorrow I am going in early to attend the academy graduation. Otherwise nothing out of the ordinary which is fine with me. Have a great day.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up to another rainy day but at least it's not torrential rain today. In office today, have lots of meetings, I am giving a training class to new employees and I have an interview this afternoon. I know the day will fly by though so that is good.

Ruth and Sophie Happy Canada day!

Debbie enjoy your day and your massage

Cottage glad they made it safely, they are now in the same state as me but 4 hours north of me, closer to Weezle.

Beth enjoy your reading

Tywnn your breakfast sounds yummy, getting close to your break.

Jekel hope works goes by quickly for you.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

thanks for the Canada Day wishes. I have been reading but just not feeling like logging in. After three changes of antibiotics it seem like the uti is gone (it sure played havoc with my stomach). I still have an appointment with a urologist in august. Itsbeen raining so much here that all the upick farms that have strawberries are closed to the public and a quart is 5 bucks. We are staying close to home because the Pan Am games are taking place allover the greater Toronto area and they predict huge traffic jams.

Debbie. Goodfor you to remember saying rabbitt.... boy time sure flew by fast and dh is coming home.

Ruth happy Canada Day. Sure seems like yesterday when all the debating took place over the flag.

Linda. Best wishes to your dd as she starts a new chapter in her live.

Beth. Happy reading. I love my Kindle too

Tammy. What a yummy breakfast. Hope you get the rest you need.

Jennifer. Ordinary days are good. Have a safe day.

Pearlrose. Sounds like a busy day that will go by quickly.

take care
Sophie
Old 07-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning chickadees! Siren just ran up and gave a giant slurp to my foot, causing me to flail and hit a key on the keyboard that made me go back a page and I lost my entire post. Sigh. Just reading the ads, planning the grocery trip for next week.

Linda, I have family all over up there (formerly Naperville, Aurora, Plainfield, Glen Ellyn, Elgin) and my bro/SIL/niece lived in Wrigleyville in the city for a few years until Gracie was almost 1. I love the area. GO CUBBIES! I know it's hard, but I bet DD and kiddos will love it there. And you'll love to visit, and swing down to Springfield to say hi! ?

A bit worried about this weekend.... we all know how I do not have much will-power, especially when there's tasty food around. Friday night is Chris' sister's Great Gatsby themed birthday party (catered,) and I told him I had planned to eat beforehand so I wouldn't be tempted to go crazy at the party, and was told that would be rude since she's spending all this money on food. I know there will be a veggie/hummus platter, and a fruit platter, but there will also be all kinds of hors d'oeurves, including cheddar filled pretzel sticks, which just sound amazing to me, with my love of anything cheese and bread. They also will have pierogies, so add my love of potato in there and you have a recipe for disaster. Then Saturday night is Chris' brother's 4th of July party, so I will have to make sure to not be hungry when we get there, as I typically gain 3 lbs just from sodium, even if I choose as wisely as possible. (There will be a veggie tray with Hidden Valley Ranch dip, black and green olives, and possibly a fruit salad..... the rest will be pastas and chips and mac & cheese and desserts..... oh the desserts..... these women can bake!)

I have done a good job lately of behaving myself, but it's so hard at his family functions. Yesterday we ran to Hyvee to grab the Ultra Thin Sargento Slices for me to try that oven cheez-it recipe (worked pretty well, except they're so thin that they got super holey.... wondering if I use a thicker sliced cheese and baked longer if that could be prevented?) and Chris bought super sugary alcoholic foofie drinks, a large bottle of specialty Blood Orange soda, and a gallon of Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt. The frozen yogurt is something he was quite proud of because it's "healthier" than the ice cream.... it is fewer calories, and he likes it, so.... score one for the good guys. At least he's making a conscious effort to be healthier in some areas.

Alright, updating the ticker and finishing going through the ads, then should probably have some breakfast. I'm a little bajiggity after coffee on an empty stomach. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 07-01-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just went through my "stuff" and have two bags of silver items and one of gold to take to be appraised and maybe sold. Not to worry - there will still be loads of sparkling stuff left for the Bling Tree. That's my "Niggle of the Day" all done.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #12  

Missing everyone - back to the beach after quite a year! Hopefully here for the summer, as it were . . .
Old 07-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Back, Bea!!! I, too, recently threw my behind back in the ring, or on the wagon, or.... whatever. Nice to have you back!

Lisa
Old 07-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #14  

Chuckle - thank you! I like to say I am jumping back on after the wagon ran me over . . .

Be well!
Old 07-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Not spending much time online until the eye is less puffy. It's hard reading right now. I am doing far too much sitting this week. Tomorrow, I walk

Nice to see the returning Beachers
Closed Thread