South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday, June 19 and TGIF Again!

Slow down time! The weeks seem to just whiz by and it makes me a bit sad. It seems one day the peonies are just showing colour and the next they are shedding petals and the show is over.

My house is sparkling this morning after Michelle's daughter cleaned yesterday. Sierra's not as good as her mother but still does a great job now that she's figured out the routine. Michelle has cottages to do in the summer but will be back to me in September. I am so lucky to have her.

Today is a Ruthie Roadrunner day with an appointment for an oil change to start and then a mess of errands in the city followed by schoolwork pick-up for the Fair. I hope I'm not too wiped out to go to Book Club tonight but I may have to beg off in favour of sleep as tomorrow I need to do the early bread run AND it's the day of the pick-up of all the trash the cousins have brought down from the Island. I swear the pile seems as big as the Island itself. (It's probably higher out of the water now.)

Anything I can do for you in town today? The good news is that the Chinese buffet is still closed for renovations. I am planning a picnic lunch in the park beside the Mighty St Lawrence aka The River.

Whatever you do, enjoy your day - even if it's only in little pieces.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Slow down, you move too fast. Got to make the morning last now! Skipping down the cobblestones. Looking for weeds and feeling groovy! Ear worm

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I did slow down a bit yesterday. At 10:30 I stopped and changed my clothes. I texted my friend in Denver who is still there since her medical situation and I drove down and cruise around Denver with her. We had a healthy lunch and got some errands done. She's still not supposed to do a lot of extended walking, especially in the heat. The term determined she had a virus in her heart. Potentially very serious. I dropped her off at the light rail station, came home and picked up the pups and had an early evening.

Ruth, enjoy your day! Yes, things just seem to be moving along way too fast! Darn it anyway. At least your house is clean! Mine is not.

Yesterday when I was out working my neighbor above offered to throw any slash I had into her truck when she went to the landfill today. I got a small pile for her and decided I will trim out under one of the lilacs this morning. My largest Mountain Ash has aphids on the suckers so I think I'll drop those off too. I did see a lone ladybug this morning doing her best. I will move her before I take away the slash. LOL
Old 06-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Ruth - A picnic sounds lovely.

Debbie - Well darn, now I have the ear worm too!

I'm back to the gym today which might kill me after two weeks off. Have to run some errands, then I am taking someone's shift at work this afternoon. It rained more here yesterday so looks like I won't be hiking or biking for a while
Old 06-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It is an alone day, so lots of chores to get done. I love all the time DH is spending home this summer, but I don't get as much done when he is here Yesterday I did manage lots of yard chores while he worked on the potting shed. It is really going to be a great addition to our yard.

Ruth - A picnic sounds like a perfect slowdown!

Debbie - I am starting the morning beetle picking routine. I keep a container of soapy water on the porch. Yesterday I relocated a toad. The things we do for our plants

Time to get a certain little dog up. She won't be happy but I can't leave her on the bed when I'm not home. Happy Friday

ETA - good morning Karen

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-19-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:11 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everybody! Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is this morning. Had a pretty uneventful night last night..... it was my "late" shift so I was off at 6:00, went home and had dinner, tweaked my Ph1 menu for next week, updated the grocery list, watched part of Dateline, a couple of episodes of Girls (we have HBO Now on our Apple TV and I just started Season 1, am 7 episodes in, and am just loving this show,) and then Hannibal for our artsy-fartsy, gorey, WHAAAAA? show of the night, then bed. Exciting life I lead, I know.

Leaving work early today since I've worked over quite a bit this week, and hitting the store for all my Ph1 food. Will be hitting the garden in the morning with my mom and hopefully getting some cucumbers and peppers out of it, and Sunday spending time with the dads for Father's Day. Not a lot planned but I like it that way. Anna is with us til Wednesday so I'm sure we'll find something to do.

How's everyone else on this fine morning?

Lisa
Old 06-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

So yesterday the sun ended up only being out for about an hour or so and then it rained all day, same today. Rain rain go away, it really needs to go to California they need it we do not.

Today is another wfh but I do have to run DD2 to ortho appointment. I did get the call and they scheduled pre colonscopy appointment in August (thought I was going to get away with not doing). I cleaned all of the downstairs yesterday after work and now just have the upstairs to do.

Ruth a picnic sounds lovely, great plan

Debbie I need to dedicate some time to getting rid of weeds now if it would only stop raining so I could.

Karen its the next day after being back that is the worse lol sore muscles

Cyndi enjoy your day

Have a great day today
Old 06-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Almost noon here and I wanted a check in.

DH has car and is running an amazing errand. Yesterday he LOST his right hearing aid (lots of $$$$ to replace) and no idea where. He began calling places and guess what???

When he called Orange Leaf where we stopped for orange yogurt, a woman had just brought in a small device he realized was a hearing aid. DH's call came just after she brought it in and he has it there for DH to pick up today.
Amazing!!!!

Debbie, that song certainly will haunt us all today, but I do love it and the joy it brings.

Cindy, this "alone day" also means I can take my time cleaning, stop for coffee, or conversation with daughter, or journal. I love to journal especially when I'm having trouble with anxiety. Prayer and journaling help.

Delighted with all the conversation with bugs and weeds in garden. This group fits me so well. Glad I found you all.

Back to cleaning and finishing my 5th cup of coffee.

Sandy
Old 06-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Holy cow, it's 3pm already! Where does the time go on a day off??????

I started to get in here this am, but started chatting with a friend and before I knew it, it was time to run a few errands and then go spend some time with my dad. But now I'm home, have the last load of wash in the dryer, made a batch of cucumber salad, and now I can sit and put up my feet for a few minutes.

Sandy, I can well relate to your DH's panic, and then relief, when someone found his hearing-aid! A few months ago while I was visiting my DD for the weekend, I suddenly realized one of my hearing-aids was gone while we were at a restaurant. There was some frantic searching while re-tracing my steps that morning, and I did find it on the floor in her bathroom. It must have fallen while I was blow-drying my hair that morning. I've been extremely careful and conscious of them ever since. Whew! Like you said, those buggars are $$$$!

OK, now it's time to fix something special for dessert tonight for the grandkids. Today was their last day of school, and now we can celebrate the start of summer vacation!
Closed Thread