South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 06:13 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday SBD Chat, June 18

Good Morning

Coffee is on!

Welcome back, Lisa(Weezle)!

I had a good rest and am ready to face the day. Coffee is helping. My short trip to Denver was productive. I got my grocery shopping done, got some supplies at HDepot to continue my yard project, stopped at JoAnn for some vinyl to recover two small outside chairs and picked up some pretty Alyssium to add to my sweet pea bed.

Today it's time to act on all my purchases. LOL I have the two chairs inside and have disassembled them and readied the fabric. I need to venture out to Kirks shop for the staple gun but I'll wait until it's light. I was hoping not to have to enter while he was gone but I have located the key. (I marked it the last time I had to go searching). When it's light I think I'll work on the sweet pea bed before attacking weeds. I did buy some corn starts yesterday and will plant them behind the potatoes I put in yesterday. It seems so late to be planting but it's been so wet-I think the potatoes would have just rotted in the ground. Anyway, it seems like a good streak of weather ahead so I'll keep moving forward.

What does everyone have planned for the day? Stop and say hi

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-18-2015 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I see Cottage is also replying to this thread so I see a merge coming on. I need to lug trash to the curb and will be back in a bit.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a very rainy morning here. I'd love to just spend the morning curled up on the couch with my coffee.

You have a busy day ahead of you, Debbie. LOL, I understand exactly what you mean about entering DH's workshop! I will rarely venture into Jake's. It's a jumble, but he knows exactly where everything is, and somehow knows when I've been in there.

Welcome back, Lisa!

Since it's raining, I'm not really sure what's on the agenda for today. I know Audrey needs new tennis shoes, so maybe we'll spend the day at the mall. She leaves tomorrow for a week at camp, so there's probably some other things she'll need as well. Maggie is due back from the shore this afternoon, and I anticipate a bag of wet, sandy laundry. At least it's my Friday!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, I'm tired just reading Debbie's post (LOL).

Good morning Ruth and Linda

Yesterday was *insane* at work. We had someone interviewing, at least she saw what it's really like sometimes! Today I have a neurology appointment and I get to pick the neurologist's brain, then off for some other errands.

And we're going camping tomorrow! I hope it's good weather!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #5  

Good morning, Ruth! How was your Wednesday Night Wine on the porch?
Old 06-18-2015, 06:52 AM   #6  

And Tammy!
Old 06-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back to Weezle and ummmm......cheesecakes....I see some baking in my near future.

Good morning to all the chicks! I have a few minutes to stop in this morning. DH has already lugged out the trash so I don't have to. Today I get to look forward to grading exams, but with any luck it will be done by this afternoon and I can just focus on my end of year chores like cleaning my classroom up and doing some organization for the fall.

Debbie, you continue to inspire (and tire) us!
Cottage, a mall trip might be a good rainy day option; you probably can't get Audrey to spend the day reading and sipping tea with you.
Tammy, good luck at you doctor appointment!
Ruth, did you enjoy your Girls' Night?

I guess I need to fix my iced coffee and get a move on it. I also have a plant to drop off at a friend's house and need to remember to put it in the car.

Have a good day, chicks!
Old 06-18-2015, 07:22 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Weezle is back! Welcome back.

Gorgeous morning out there and it's supposed to continue this was through the weekend. Sorry about your rain, Linda, but today IS your Friday.

WWW (Wednesday Wino Women) was fun. We sat on the back deck since the front porch was too warm and really enjoyed ourselves. We got together about 4 and everyone went home shortly after 7. Heather brought along a most tasty and incredible cold tomato soup which we drank out of the Cornflower water goblets. (I'm glad I didn't ditch them in the Big Purge.) I supplied fruit and cheese - no strawberries yet! It was fun to be just the original four, no kids or boyfriends and only three dogs since Joanne brought her Joey.

Today is cleaning person day. Michelle has a summertime only client but has been sending her DD Sierra who is 23 - not as good as her mother but better than me. Not sure what time she arrives but I'm planning to just give her the list and let her go to it while I garden - or maybe even sew!

Right now it's time to grab another coffee and join the dogs on the back deck to enjoy the morning for a bit. (I wish I could bottle this weather and haul it out in January!)
Old 06-18-2015, 07:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chickadees and welcome back Weezie!

Ruth sounds like you had a really nice WWW lol I thought that was funny

Debbie do you ever sleep? Your motivation amazes me

Linda hope you and Audrey have fun shopping

Tammy good luck today. Hopefully you get some answers

Beth whoo hoo you made it through another school year!!!

My poor little Coconut has a really sick tummy. DS claims he did not give him anything out of the ordinary, but let's just say there were hotdog pieces in my kitchen. Poor little guy is laying in their bed next to his cookie (mini dog biscuit) Mich hasn't snatched it from him yet, but I think he knows his little brother feels icky.

Time to fit two weeks of bills into a one week paycheck. This promotion changed my pay schedule from weekly to bi weekly. Had my weeks screwed up. At least I caught my error before a mortgage payment came out with no money in the account. Phew.

Have a great day
Old 06-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ruth, glad your get together was a success! It sounds wonderful to garden or sew while someone cleans! Enjoy!

Jennifer, I'm an early to bed early to rise….I'm healthy, not wealthy and working on wise. Sorry to hear about Coconut. I hope he's feeling better soon. Yes, all is not well when they aren't eating the cookie. I hope your finances work their way through the shift in paydays.

Beth, I hope you get your room tidied and organized!

Linda, spending the day at the mall sounds exhausting! I'm sure the kids enjoy it! Happy Friday!

Pearlrose, I hope our nice weather is headed your way!

I have to say I think part of the reason I stay busy (making progress at home) is because my mom is pretty self sufficient right now. She turns 95 in August and my reality is she is just one fall away from some pretty intensive care. I keep my fingers crossed and help as much as she'll let me but I'm always aware my life can change drastically in a moment. Today, so far, all is good. I finished one chair and decided not to spraypaint them right now. It's a small round table with two chairs (from the thrift store) that look "shabby chic". It matches the old house so will stay for now.
I'm going to put on the dirt-bag clothes and head outside. First, more coffee!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun is out today, I hope it stays for a bit. Another wfh day not much on the agenda other than a couple of conference calls.

Debbie sounds like you have planned a lot for your day today

Cottage I am sure your glad it's your Friday

Ruth sounds like you had an enjoyable evening last night

Tywnn hope you get the answers from the new doc

Beth enjoy your day

Jekel whew glad you got that it's hard to remember all the changes sometimes.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:46 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 2"

Debbie Good to hear your mom is so self sufficient at 95. Hope she remains so. I do understand that caregiving is possible soon. I've helped Mom in the past and understand that nothing else is possible during those times. Enjoy the opportunity to do as you please for part of your time now.

We finally put those many medical procedures and appointments behind us and I feel free to begin doing some of those things that I need and even want to do.

Walk this morning much earlier and was still dripping. Bit of weeding as I checked the garden for growth with the many rains we've had. I agree the tomatoes may not have done so well with too much ground moisture. Shower felt extra good.

Off for a good full body, deep tissue massage!!! How refreshed I feel already. DH is going with me to get groceries while I stretch out on massage table and relax.

Ruth I envy your good fortune to have help with cleaning.

Thank goodness DH is very aware of the foods we need to keep out of the house to help each of us be the healthiest we can be.

Sandy
Old 06-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Sandy, enjoy your massage!

Pearlrose, glad the weather has changed for you!
Old 06-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning There will definitely be more coffee today. We camped in our yard last night to test run the new tent. We bought a big one both for our use on longer trips and so kids and families can visit. Our yard is a family destination with the woods and river and nearby trails and lakes. Eventually, we want to build a lean-to, but this summer we put in a raised tent area with poles for tarping. The tent is great, but we are a bit tired. We have also realized that it's time for a higher mattress. Ugh.

Time for a walk around the gardens to plan the days chore list.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey hey, ladies! Just a quick run-by fruiting today. Work is busy! I'm call center operations now so life never gets boring! I must say, I'm digging the mobile site for 3fc. Makes it much easier to post!

Hope you girls have a fantastic day!

Lisa
Closed Thread