South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 07:55 AM   #1  

Default Exercise Question

Hi,

I've been doing an aerobics lite video since starting SBD. I am also using a Cindy Crawfords Shape your Body video. I'm having a pretty terrific time being "physical" after decades of not following any particular program. NOW this is my question. Should I stick to aerobics or a walking program for my whole body, OR include targeted exercises for shaping and sculpting?

One of the areas I am most worried about is my lower abdominals. After my son this monster (lower belly) just dropped and hangs on me like a recurring nightmare. Abdominals are the most difficult exercises and I am giving it all I got,( which is not much). I am so sure I will have to get a tummy tuck. Which is ridiculous, I couldn't afford it!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. This is something I worry , and constantly think about, but have never voiced (too humiliating).

Thank you for any help.

And thanks to Sunkist for leading me to this terrific board.

Lillibelle

Old 08-11-2003, 08:23 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Lilibelle-glad you have been getting some exercise! It can be so hard to stick with a program. Aerobics and walking are both great to burn calories, get your metabolism going, and cardiovascular health. You also need some sort of strength training (toning, sculpting) to increase muscle mass and bone density. It sounds like you are doing both! As for specific muscles, there are videos available that target abs, etc. You could keep up the aerobics or walking then rotate your full body sculping tape with one for abs.

After having four kids I can relate to the droopy abs! But I know that as I lose more weight they will shrink (along with the rest of me!) You can't spot reduce or get rid of fat in just one area, but you can strengthen the underlying muscle which will help a lot. So don't get ahead of yourself and worry about a tummy tuck! I think you will be amazed what exercise and weight loss can do!

I hope this answers your question!
Old 08-11-2003, 11:56 AM   #3  

Lilibelle I agree with frannymae. Great advice. Give yourself some time. Have a great day.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:17 PM   #4  

Thanks for the help. I will follow your advice.
Closed Thread