South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 07:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Happy Hump Day! Wednesday, June 3

Finally! A gorgeous June day although a chilly 42ºF at the moment. We are going to 72ºF which is my kind of perfect weather for gardening. If the raised bed is dry enough, I'll mix in my compost and get those darned seeds and plants in. I may have to do that after pet therapy at noon if it isn't dry enough later this morning.

Still have not set up the front porch - it was too cold to work out there during the rain. It's covered and has comfy chairs - the perfect spot to "jist set" and read on a warm rainy day. Tomorrow is cleaning day so I may get Michelle to do it and then cut back on what needs to be done in the house. Outside is more important than the inside this time of year.

Drinking regular coffee this morning since it seems the Keurig is really dead. I tried all the tricks from the instruction book and it just won't pull in the water. Somehow I think our hard water has done it in! I've tried the vinegar purge trick but it won't even run through. Not sure if I want to replace it. I may go for an "old-fashioned" single mug maker and use the large one when I need more cups. It's a silly little thing but most irritating. Seems nobody fixes Keurigs - planned obsolescence.

Time to see what those dogs are up to. They are in the yard but it's very quiet. I hope they're not plotting an escape.

Happy Hump Day! Pet the camel.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - I inherited my brother's French press, although I have yet to use it. I have heard from people it is absolutely the best way to make coffee. Have you tried one?

Work day for me.

Woot. Woot.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Started to post earlier from home but needed to leave for work. Interesting evening at home the street over from us someone got tasered and the whole town was out to look at. (small town).

I de-planted my front gutters as it looked like plants were thriving in it as well last evening.

Today nothing on agenda, in office for lots of meetings.

Ruth I hope you come up with a good solution for your coffee.

Tywnn have fun at work

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:49 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I got my time in the yard this morning. Now going to focus on recycle and get the car unloaded then down to Denver. My friend from Glenwood has been in the hospital there and she's going to come stay with me overnight. I did a little cleanup in the house this morning. Needed to do more. Oh well. I'm a little bit overwhelmed this morning but trying to find some good in this whole thing. I wish I didn't have to take the dogs to day care today but I certainly can't depend that they're going to let my friend out of the hospital at one. I may rethink where I go on my trip so they don't have to spend the whole day there.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

long day. see you in the morning
Closed Thread