South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Friendly Friday Beach Chat 5/29

Coffee is on, who wants a cup?
Old 05-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

YES!! I changed heart meds, and for the first time in months, my coffee tastes GREAT!! Isn't that FABULOUS?! Between that and being a beautiful morning out, it is promising to be a great day.

I got - I think - all my niggles done yesterday. Today is back to work and then rest for the weekend. Maybe everyone will cancel and we can enjoy the weather? Do you think that's possible!? (LOL...no....)

Enjoy!
Old 05-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #3  

Woke up to a gorgeous morning! Maybe it will keep me motivated to get more niggles done today. IDK why but I was wiped out yesterday and took little naps throughout the day....you know the kind sleep in your car in the parking lot lol

It seems like the months are flying by yet again. I better get motivated as I have a long to do list. DS is not going to be happy when I eliminate chips from the shopping list. They seem to find their way into my mouth not his lately. I was doing great this month, but the last few days I have been grazing. Why can't my hormones do this in the middle of the month??? Errrrrrg

Oh well time to get the day started. Enjoy!
Old 05-29-2015, 06:56 AM   #4  

Tammy I'll call whomever you need me to so you can have a relaxing weekend with the family. That is awesome news about your taste buds cooperating with coffee again.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:23 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm on my last cup of the pot already. Guess that means I need to get up and get to it soon It's the start of DH's 5 day work stretch, so lots of gardening and yard chores ahead. Hoping for rain too, because we need it and because I really need to get in the house and do some cleaning. I hate to give up outdoor time this time of year.

Tammy - Good news about the med change. Maybe all the afternoon appointments will cancel?

Jennifer - Time really does move too fast. Can't believe I'm already through my first month off. I still have lots of garden to get in! I know what you mean about chips. I buy the barbecue bean chips for Tim. He eats a handful and puts them away. Who does that? I just don't touch the bag, it's my only hope.

So much to get done before 3:30. It's date night, so I want to get all the chores out of the way so we can do something fun this afternoon. Maybe a bike ride to the Farmer's Market then a fire tonight. The sooner I get started...

Happy Friday Chicks
Old 05-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Jennifer! Good for you deciding not to buy any more chips! My husband like salt and vinegar which I despise so that works out. I hope you get more stuff done today!

Tammy, hope your day goes by quickly and you are home before you know it! Glad the top coffee taste good again! I have a hard time imagining drinking it if it didn't taste good.

Cindy, I hope it rains for your sake and for the house. LOL enjoy your date night!

I took a cat nap yesterday and set the alarm for six so I get back up and go to a meeting. I was glad I did as a coworker showed up. That man I got home a little later than usual and I did get a good nights rest. Now I'm up surveying the yard and what my next step is. My coworker is coming again for a couple hours and bringing her three kids. They are sure a handful and it makes it interesting but we made progress yesterday. Then I'm headed down to Denver for A meeting. I'll come right back up as I want to keep working in the yard. Tomorrow I need to take it easy and get rejuvenated for work. I mean real work. LOL

Have a great day everyone! I can't believe it's Friday already!
Old 05-29-2015, 07:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

** Sob ** My coffee tastes like barn swill. My Keurig has decided to die - lights up but won't do coffee so I am drinking abominable Instant - not even coffee, IMHO. I guess I'll run vinegar through it to see if it's constipated.

Our weather looks good right through the weekend and I am sooo glad the seminar was cancelled. I'm like a little kid when it comes to being inside a meeting on a gorgeous day. Did not get the raised bed done yesterday but did move some perennials in the front bed - mainly Lady's Mantle and Astilbe that were due for splitting before they bloom. (I usually wait until after but the mood hit me.) Today will definitely be raised bed day: clear old plants and weeds - amend the soil - plant - water. What could be easier!

Liz and Moel have invited me Up The Hill for dinner tonight. Moel's older brother is visiting for the weekend and I suspect a little matchmaking may be on their mind. Sheesh! There will be the usual fun crowd and no driving required. Most of us live nearby so we have designated walkers as well as drivers! We will be cooking outside over a wood fire so I must be sure to brink skeeter spray.

Tomorrow I'll be doing bread pick-up early and may just drop off the bread and head to town for some "me" shopping. I need some summer bottoms and tops! On the other hand I also "need" more plants.

Whatever you do, enjoy the gorgeous weather.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yesterday I woke up to discover DS and friends asleep in the basement so I didn't make it on the computer for hours. Picked up a book and spent the whole, rainy day reading! The bad thing is that reading triggers eating for me. Still. Sigh.

This morning I work out with my mom and will run a couple of errands on the way home, before heading into work this afternoon. There is a bit of a shake up there; my manager just told me she gave notice.

Hope you have a great day.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was a crazy run around day had to go with DD1 to get her ID card renewed at base so she still has Health insurance through us and the school didn't give her the right form so we have to run in opposite direction about 50 miles to get that paperwork and then ran back to base only to find out they closed at 3 p.m. This morning DH and her headed back to base to deal with.

I have to DD2 to two separate doctor's appointment one in just a bit and then this afternoon to the dentist. sigh more running around.

In between need to get some work done for work

Sounds like everyone is having a good Friday except for Ruth and instant coffee.

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-29-2015, 03:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow, it looks like today is a busy day for everybody, and sorry about the lack of coffee, Ruth. I'd go without, rather than drink that instant stuff. Blech. It sure is a shame that Bob's Diner isn't open any more and you can run over there for a nice coffee.

I hit the floor running this morning, but I did take a moment for coffee! Jake had a dr. apptm. at the VA first thing, and I took advantage of the time to clean the house, strip the bed, and get the laundry done. I love it and can work so much better when nobody is home. Then it was off to Dad's, and while Jake mowed and manicured his lawn, Dad and I took a drive in the farm country to look for strawberries and had lunch at a cute luncheonette. Now, I can finally sit down and take it easy for the rest of the day.
Closed Thread