South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Happy Hump Day! Daily Chat 5/27

Just stopped by to say good morning as I rush out the door. We have another hot and sunny day here- I'm not missing winter at all! May is one of my top 2 favorite months.

Just another day of work for me and a meeting afterwards. I hope to fit in a walk as well.

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

We're going to be pretty warm too, Beth. My favorite is 60 degree weather, there seems to be a shortage of that. It was snowing a month ago!

I have a batch of texas caviar in the fridge (black eyed pea salad) for lunch, and probably dinner too . It's a long day for me, so hubby gets to make dinner to go with all the leftovers. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off!

Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm sleepy this morning!

Beth, May is my favorite month of the year, too. I hope you have a good day and your meeting goes well!

The girls and I are going to Devon Horse Show today to watch Cindy in the women's side-saddle competition. It's going to be 90* and humid, and I don't know how she can stand being in a heavy riding habit, but she does this every year. The girls and I will be trying to keep cool in a shade in the bleachers with cold drinks! We're supposed to get severe t-storms this afternoon, so maybe that will cool things down.

Hey, it's Hump Day already!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Chicks!

I just finished catching up on everyone's posts. Nothing was accomplished here or fun over the weekend as I worked. Today I will get my ride in hopefully before it gets too hot. Thus afternoon I need to cheer on runners from my department. Today is the Westchester leg of the NY Special Olympics Torch Run. I did it in 2009, but no more running for me after my back surgery I believe it is important to go out and cheer for them. Lucky for me the route they are running is just a town away. Going to Joe's afterwards. He leaves for Georgia tomorrow for a deer stewards training class.

DS is in rare form today! He is working with his dad and is groaning about wearing a polo shirt! This kid has it so rough lol

Well time for one more cup before I start my day. Anyone need a refill?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It was pretty hot and humid here yesterday too but we are going to a more reasonable 78º F today. I wish the weather would make up it's mind. So far I've avoided turning on the AC but ...

Miss Millie seemed to improve mightily as yesterday went on so I cancelled her vet appointment. I figure that if she was using that leg it must be OK and she was able to go up the deck steps quickly and easily by noon. I'll keep an eye on her today and head for the vet if needed.

Oh joy! I have a free weekend. The seminar on Saturday has been cancelled due to lack of registration. Who the heck wants to give up a single day of this weather to sit and listen to lectures? I'm darned glad I didn't bust my butt getting my presentation together on "Recognizing Aggression in Dogs"! It'll probably be on again in the Fall.

Yesterday I DID get some gardening done outside. My side porch box is now all yellow and red begonias and the summer wreath is hung. I prepped the herb boxes on the deck and will get them done today. I ended up fertilizing and replanting the big barrels at the Mill. I discovered the staff had no removed the plastic drain thing from the baskets. That did not bode well for proper drainage and root spread. Never assume that explaining is not necessary.

Today I'll tackle the desk - once again. I also need to start prepping for our Annual General Meeting which is no big deal. Yesterday I did payroll - the staff got their cheques a day late due to a schedule change I hadn't been told about. I'm putting a two hours per day limit on doing accounting during the week and am planning to ignore it on weekends! I also need to get that raised bed fertilized and planted.

It's Hump Day buy let's hope it's a gentle climb up and a fun slide on the other side!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I am happy to report that I have not lost the work on my photo album. Turns out it was what my boys would call "user error." Today I'm getting my hair cut and colored.

My chin is still very sore and occasionally bleeding so I'm not sure when I will be able to wear a bike helmet (since the strap will probably hit my cut), so riding might be out for a long time.

We booked a condo through airbnb for a week while we are helping DS get settled in CA. So we'll stay out at least that long. Not sure about accommodations if we decide to stay longer. It was tough to find a place that met our criteria and allowed dogs.

Enjoy your day.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:10 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another day full of meetings but yesterday was productive. Nothing on the agenda this evening other than it is DD2 last day of school and she has art class this evening.

Beth I do like May and April and then October for my favorite months of the year.

Tywnn your salad sounds yummy I may have to make a batch for my lunches.

Cottage I don't envy your having to sit outside in 90 degree weather

Jekel I always think of those problems as rich country problems

Ruth glad Millie's leg is doing better

Karen glad you didn't lose your photos

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I've been digging weeds again. Now it's time to get ready to take my mom to Denver for her eye appointment. We will make a few stops as well. I think the dogs will go to daycare since it's supposed to be warm down there. Not hot like the East Coast thank goodness!

It doesn't seem like Wednesday. I guess the holiday kind of goofed that up. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another hot one here too but they are promising rain later It's DH's weekend so we will do something fun tomorrow. Today is appointments and yard work, of course

Ruth - glad to hear Millie is feeling better
Closed Thread