South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Warbles and Wobbles - May 13

Good morning from damp and cool Delta. It's almost the same sort of day as yesterday but is supposed to improve. Everything got very wet yesterday and we had high winds. It's a good thing I didn't clean off the back deck because it's plastered with leaves ripped off the maple. I feel a bit sorry for the wee green babies, barely out of the bud.

I still have very little voice and periodic coughing spells that just seem to rip my chest apart. Sleep was a bit better last night, probably because I propped myself up with pillows to sleep. Fisherman's Friend is definitely mine too - seems to be the only thing that stops the hack before it really gets started.

Orientation of the new staff went well from what I hear - I opted out. This morning we are doing geography and geology of our region with a retired professor from Queens University. Doug really knows his stuff but is really wordy - I just finished editing his latest book on the history of cheese and am hoping he does not write another one! Smart and nice man but zzzz!

This afternoon Anna and I are doing a tour with some people from a trade mission - I forget which one. I can't talk much so Anna will be leading the tour. I'll be along to tackle any questions in French and hope I have enough voice for that.

My asparagus has decided to produce bigtime and I've been eating it every night. I don't like it frozen but will purée some and freeze for winter soups. I may make some crustless quiche and see how that freezes. I'd love a lunch like that in November!

I'm outta here shortly to grab the first gold ring of the day.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth I hope your cough gets better and your voice improves.

Last night couldn't stand the look of my house so mopped kitchen, cleaned bathroom and vacuumed and also did a couple loads of laundry after making dinner.

Today is another round of appointments and interviews. I blocked my calender for the rest of the week so I could do wfh and get some work done prior to going to conference next week.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks. DH and I are heading out soon for our flight to LA. Have to check a bag this trip - packed a lot more thanks to the impending rain storms. Catch you in a few days...
Old 05-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I thought it said "Wednesday Warblers", now we all know where my brain is today
We got a late-ish start to the day, up at 7:45. Our power was off more than on last night. I'm impressed that I figured out we were running off batteries, not the line. I haven't really figured out the whole solar and batteries thing, but last night I knew enough. It was great, as long as I didn't do anything power intensive I had plenty of power for web surfing and lights. I didn't dare use the food processor though, so couldn't bake as planned. Today DH and I have appts, and yard work. Tomorrow we are planning a trip to Plum Island looking for, you guessed it, warblers

Better get to that gardening. It's nice and cool, so a pleasant day for yard work.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been to the airport and back and Kirk is headed towards Alaska. The weather is about the same there now as here. It's a long day for him, for sure, with a 6 hr layover in Seattle....acceptable as it's a mileage ticket. Our tenant will pick him up tonight and he starts "shed life". LOL.

I'm on the run heading back down to Denver for some "me" things. It's cool enough that the pups can go. That way, I don't have a deadline to get back. I was hoping to put the house back together but the "stoneman", as we call him came by to discuss attaching hand rails to his stone steps at the rental and we looked at reattaching the old Victorian iron fence back to the historic wall...right now it's tied off to trees to keep it from falling into the neighbors yard. I did do several chores now off to have some fun.

Karen, safe travels!

Ruth, hope your croup subsides!

Pearlrose, yay for mopping! Where is your conference?

Cyndi, happy Warbling!

everyone else!

Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! I seem to have been very busy the past few days; taking a walk after work, doing a bit of yardwork, the inevitable cooking/dishes/laundry.

It's good to make it through Wednesday. I'm glad I didn't give in to my impetuousness and plant veggies/flowers last weekend: we are slated for frost tonight. This weekend might be better. (General rule of thumb around here is "don't bother until Memorial Day")

Have a great evening.
Closed Thread