South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 05:20 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Marvy Monday SBD Chat, May 4

Good Morning

I slept and now I'm up. I tried the roll over thing numerous times and finally just decided to start the coffee and my day. It's raining and a back to work day here. DH travels over this morning so the pup will go to moms until he arrives. Kirby will just stay home. I got lots of yard work done yesterday in between a break with sis to Denver to have lunch. I've been stuck on Greek salads lately and she was ok with that.

I think the coffee is finished. I'm heading down to enjoy.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi!
Old 05-04-2015, 06:49 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday morning, Beach Babes! We are at 53ºF right now and heading for a record-breaking 76 by mid-afternoon. It would be a glorious day to garden but it's crammed with "stuff" that just must be done starting with Quilting Biddies this morning and then a last (and final) interview this afternoon. We lucked out and found another candidate for our summer jobs - our grant was for five positions and now we can take advantage of it.

My yard is still water and mud and not improving. Milo arrived yesterday morning and Jazz and Millie showed him the ropes. Twelve muddy paws make a lot of prints. I've been confining them to the back room with access to the kitchen only when the paws are dry. Milo is a sweet and obedient dog and gets along well with my two. He does miss his family though and sits at the back door a lot. He sleeps in Liz's bedroom but settled in well with the rest of the pack last night - just as well since his white legs now look like they have grey rubber boots!

This is crazy to say when I have a lake in my yard but we really need rain. Yesterday I had to put the sprinkler onto the front flower beds and realized I did not water once last summer! Mother Nature is fickle. I hope she decides against the black flies and mosquitos this year too!

Time to pull myself together and tackle the day. I hope your Monday is marvy!
Old 05-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and I hope it's a Marvy Monday.

Debbie, that's nice that you and your sister had lunch together. I love a good Greek salad, too. I hope Bing is doing better and that Kirk has a safe drive over.

I switched out the wardrobes yesterday morning, and Monica & Carley came out and spent the rest of the day. It was such a lovely day that we sat out on the patio all afternoon, and now my back is complaining from spending too much time sitting down. I'm really eager to see the chiropractor today and hope he can help. It's going on 3 weeks now!

The sun is shining and it's warming up to 85* today!
Old 05-04-2015, 07:26 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I should be birding but moving a little slower this morning. Several days of garden and yard work following early morning bird walks and I'm ready for a slightly slower start I've got a few small work clean-up tasks to do and then a meeting/office cleaning Thursday before I am completely free, but plenty of time for my own chores too. ON tap today - planting kale, repotting the tomatoes I bought (one more re-pot before planting time), some laundry, and a few errands. The yard and house are endless sources of things to do, so never a dull moment

Debbie - Yum, love Greek salads. Better a rainy work day than a rainy garden day

Ruth - We moved from mud to burn warnings Now I have to water everything. Welcome to spring in New England, I guess. Happy warm day

Cottage - I started the rotation but need to finish. Hope the chiro is able to get you some relief.

I guess I will wake the little dog so I can go birding. She really hates getting up, thinks she should be able to sleep until 11 every day.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to leave for drive into office. It was another beautiful day yesterday and spent the day outside. DD2 had her awards ceremony for her Awana program.

Today is work, have an interview scheduled and will have lots more as I have 5 openings to fill. It will be up to 76 degree today so I turned the a/c on put set it for 78 so if it gets to hot it will kick off in the house. It was nice to have windows open this past weekend.

Debbie I love greek salads my favorite, glad you got to enjoy lunch with your sis

Ruth I hope you get the rain you need it is spotty rain for us today, I felt a drop on my run this morning

Cottage I hope the Chiro gives you much needed relief for your back, one of my co-workers really gets relief when he goes.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

A quick wave and good morning. Felt great this morning. Had the "talk" with myself last week about food choices of late. It paid off big time!!!! Showed me I wasn't being honest with myself. For one week I am measuring and counting calories. Amazing my portions were way bigger than I realized. Eye opener to say the least. Ok gotta get back to "the job"
Closed Thread