South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 06:16 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Friday SBD Chat, April 17

Good morning!

Coffee IS on and I've already been out knocking snow off the hedges and many lilacs. I still have more to go. I also shoveled a path so the pups could get under the big spruce tree for "business". We have 2-1/2 ft of very wet snow and it's still coming down. I think I 70 is open because my new tenant just returned from his night security at the ski area 20 miles up.

Thinking of Jennifer and DS this morning hoping both had a restful night.

What's everyone else up to? Stop and chat

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie. Sorry about your snow - it's raining here this morning. I hope your snow melts quickly.

Jennifer, I hope you and DS were able to get a good night's sleep and that he's feeling better today.

I've already stripped the bed and plan to get laundry and some housecleaning done before I go over to Dad's. He's been reminiscing about an Amish shop that he and Mom used to often stop by, and I promised him that today we'd try to find it. He's not quite sure where it was, so it should be interesting.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

SNOW! I don't want to hear about it! but my sympathies anyhow, Debbie.

Linda, give your Dad an extra hug for me. I sure hope you can find that Amish shop more easily than we found (or didn't) find that restaurant at Rockport.

Thinking of Jennifer and DS this morning and hoping they had a good sleep. I know she's a tough cop but that's her child who was hurt.

Today is mega-clean-up day at the Mill and Town Hall in preparation for the Syrup Festival tomorrow and Sunday. I am so glad we are not having a baking sale too. We will have coffee, drinks and some maple tarts and will be selling Victorian Tea tickets which will keep us busy. I will be working the Gift Shop in the Mill where we will have fresh bread for sale and freshly ground flour - very fresh as Chris is going to start grinding early in the a.m.
It'll be an early start to the day tomorrow. (I'll try not to whine.)

The people living close to the Upper Lake are all set with sandbags in case the threatened flooding begins. As long as it doesn't close the highway the Mill should be OK. A few roads nearby are closed because they are water covered - very frustrating for delivery people but worse for those with basements full of water and no sump pump.

Time to load some cleaning stuff into the trunk to get ready to tackle the day. I plan to get the Gift Shop swept and dusted before the "helpers" arrive.

TGIF! Enjoy your day. I guess I should change my avatar since it seems spring IS here.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Oh Debbie I feel for you. I hope your latest dump of snow melts quickly.

Thank you everyone for thinking of me and DS. He was well enough to go to his GF's last night for some TLC. He slept the majority of the afternoon which was good since he was supposed to rest. He is planning on going to work. Yes I will be driving him. I was exhausted and went to bed before 10. Dogs needed attention at 12:45, but fortunately I was able to get back to sleep. Hopefully today is a less worrisome day.

Just looked at the puos still sleeping soundly. My little guy has his head buried under my old guy's butt! They look so cute so I'm not going to wake them.

Linda I hope you can find the Amish place. Your dad sounds sweet. Nice that you can spend time with him.

Ruth the maple festival sounds like fun...,a lot of work for you, but fun for the visitors. I keep saying I am going to go to Saugerties for the garlic festival, but I seem to miss it each year lol. I hope the roads stay passable.

We have a wet day in store. So I'll tackle a few things here then head up to Joe's. He has been doing very well cutting out salt and changing his food choices. There was an improvement with his BP from last month. They will repeat the book work in another month. Hopefully his numbers will be good and no meds.

Happy Friday
Old 04-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good. orning

Debbie. Snow, please not here but I bet its really pretty in Colorado. Enjoy your day.

Linda. Oh it must be nice your way now. Dh and I really enjoy driving all those back country roads in amish land.

Ruth. Enjoy your duty at the gift shop. Dh tells me we once visted the mill but I don't remember

jen so happy dh is better and everyone slept better.

its been a very busy week for me. Celebrating ds birthday today which is on Sunday but he is unavailablw because one of the movies he worked on is screening on Sunday night. I guess its a good excuse
Take care
Sophie
Old 04-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun is shining and I can hear lawn mowers going already. I am going to a concert with DH tonight since one of his friends could not go. May have to take an allergy pill if my allergies do not settle down.

Jekel so sorry to hear about DS accident but glad to hear that he is doing well

Cottage hope you are able to find that shop with your dad

Debbie oh my that is alot of snow good thing you didn't take your snow tires off just yet

Ruth I hope there is no flooding

Sophie enjoy your DS birthday celebration

WFH day today so have lots to accomplish.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #7  
3FC Journal Alumni

S/C/G: 240.2

Height: 5' 6"

Snow here last night, but it's clearing up. Spring snowstorms are Colorado's version of April Showers. Springtime in the Rockies!
Dropped another 6/10th of a lb today. That's 5.5 lbs in 4 days on Phase 1 - not getting too hung up on the number as I know that will slow. Haven't had one high sugar nappy time all week, which is fantastic. I think I already have more energy.
My doc said I only *HAD* to do 3 days P1, so probably do P2 tomorrow if I can get plans and shopping done.
Had terrible carb cravings yesterday afternoon. My kid was eating cheese-its and I finally had to have her put them away. Then I made mac n cheese for them for dinner - and it's my fave. But I didn't cheat!
Happy Friday!
Old 04-17-2015, 05:39 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday everyone!

Another beautiful sunny 60-ish day today. I've really enjoyed this week (and I good thing since there's plenty of rain in the long-range forecast)

Jennifer, glad to hear DS is recovering.

Debbie, ugh! to the snow. Hope it melts quickly.

Cottage, I hope your store search with your Dad was successful.

DH wants to go out to eat this morning. I am going to allow 1 glass of wine but stick to steak and salad so I'm mostly OP.

Have a great evening, chicks!
Closed Thread