South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 06:34 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thinkin' Thursday SBDChat, April 16

Good Morning!

Coffee is on! Let's get this day started right!

I spent most of yesterday taking care of little things at the rental. I did get rid of the trash first since that was the worst job. A few more small things to do which we will start first thing this morning. I got the carpet cleaner out for a little spontaneous exercise this morning. Bing takes diuretics for his heart condition but fortunately his indisgressions seem to be confined to the laundry room. It will be a candidate for a new carpet when he crosses over the bridge.

I did remember to send the IRS some money yesterday. My taxes are "finished" but I was busy and didn't have the brainpower for a final look over. I guess I should do that soon.

It's supposed to be rainy here today....so far it's too dark to tell.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-16-2015 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Debbie. I have mine!

Yay, it's Thursday! That means it's my Friday. It hasn't been such a bad week at work, but the weather has been so nice that all I've wanted to do is be outside enjoying it. I did get out and plant some lettuce seedlings in the veggie garden at the farm yesterday afternoon, and it sure felt good to have my hands in the soil again. And I did make it to my hairdresser appointment on time, too.

I'm not sure what today will bring, but I may be helping out in the barn. Cindy's groom fell and broke her collarbone and will be out of commission for a while, so I volunteered to help feed and do whatever else needs doing. Geez, maybe I should take a change of clothes in case I have to muck out the stalls!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Debbie. So nice to come in here and have it ready! We are just below freezing today but it's going to be a sunny 65º later so I declare it is officially Spring!

Linda, sure hope you don't have to muck out the stalls. Would you like me to fly down and help? I used to do that a lot when neighbour Cheryl (up the Hill) had horses. Glad somebody is gardening. (I need to keep reminding myself that I'm USA Zone 4 which is a lot colder than your Zone!)

The Mill Exec are meeting here at 9 this morning so I am about to get coffee and muffins ready around here. We did get word yesterday that one of our grant applications was approved yesterday for two students. Now we wait for the other grant. Whew! We have some great resumes on hand (including two from last year's Fab Five) and are going to start booking interviews today for next week and beyond.

Checked out the front flowerbed yesterday and there are still some frozen spots. There also seems to be a bit of blockage in the ditch which may be what's keeping my yard from draining. I need someone younger than me with rubber boots and a shovel to get in there and dig a bit. It'll have to wait until next week though as it's Syrup Festival weekend and I'm booked solid right through to Tuesday when the regional planners meet at the Town Hall.

The dogs are barking as a big flock of geese has just flown over, very low. They overnight on the Lower Lake and then head north again. Unfortunately they don't think to do their potty before then take off and my poor red car is now white polkadots! Oh well, it's supposed to rain tonight so ...

Happy Thursday and Happy Spring!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Linda! Marking the stalls would certainly be some spontaneous exercise! Enjoy your coffee and your Friday and I hope you are home and enjoying your weekend ASAP!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning if my chairs were on the patio I would be having my coffee outside today....maybe that will be today's project.

Debbie glad you got a lot accomplished....you always do I can relate to your clean up situation this morning. My puos are only allowed in the laundry room, kitchen and dining room. Mick has a little senility issue and sometimes just lets go even if he was just walked. No carpet in these rooms equals easier clean up.

Linda I can only imagine how much work is involved caring for a horse. They are such beautiful creatures. Enjoy your "Friday."

Fired up the grill last night and oh did the chicken taste really good. Even DS complimented me. He even enjoyed his quinoa lol. I was impressed he knew what it was. I really enjoy my grill and it is a tough cookie. It took a nasty fall off my raised patio a couple of years ago and still works like a charm.....unlike my pressure washer that I cantget started....maybe I'll drop it off today to see if it can be fixed. Better yet I'll bring it to Joe'sguy tomorrow. I always feel like I get taken advantage of by repair services.

OK time for a second cup before starting the day. Anyone need a refill?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Talking

I just went out the back door to take the dogs out before I went upstairs for a little cat nap. It's snowing!
Old 04-16-2015, 07:02 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning Jennifer! Yipee for yummy grilled chicken! I need to go to Costco and get my snow tires taken off and I think I'll buy some of the organic chicken thighs they sure grill up nicely. I guess I should wait until it quits snowing here to take off those tires? Lol
Old 04-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #8  

Morning Ruth you snuck in on me. Congrats on the grant applications. When I was in college our school had a major geese issue. It is very slippery when left in mass quantities.....guess who fell and landed in it......Gina my BFF was so kind and washed my clothes while I tried to get the remnants out of my hair...What a mess!!!

Last edited by jekel383; 04-16-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:04 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! We have sun again today (although a bit of frost on the windshield right now) and since my crocus are blooming I am calling it spring!

Ruth, technically I am zone 4 but I try to pick perennials that are good to zone 3 since we do occasionally hit -30*. Sounds like you have a busy day again.

Cottage, broken collarbones are painful! I remember how bad I felt when DS1 broke his. Hope you don't have too much mucking to do, although I would definitely call it my exercise for the day.

Debbie, "spontaneous exercise" made me smile. Glad you got the messy part of your rental prep done last night.

Ok, I need to roll out the trash and get a move on. I hope to do a little more raking this afternoon after work and walk.

ETA- morning, Jennifer!

Last edited by Beth19; 04-16-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Enjoy your spring snow, Debbie! Maybe we'll both be shoveling out today!

Sure, Ruthie, I'd love you to come on down and help me muck!

Jennifer, coffee on the patio this morning sounds great! Do you have any Wawa's nearby? They're giving out free coffee all day today.

Good morning, Beth! Yes, this is the 2nd time Jaimie has broken her collarbone. Yesterday she fell off a horse while going over a jump. Thankfully, Cindy was home, as it took both of us to get her up and in the car. The poor thing kept passing out on us from the pain. She's going to be fine, though.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Snow!

Fortunately Debbie's snow will only be rain by the time it gets to me. We are hoping it holds off long enough to get in a bike ride this afternoon. Yesterday I ended up not having to go in for my work shift and spent the afternoon on the couch with a book. It was given to us by the girlfriend of DS2 and we'll be seeing her at his graduation next month so I thought I'd best read it! Speaking of, just found out DS is getting a leadership recognition award the day before graduation. Wish he'd had that to put on his resume months ago!

Have a great day.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a foggy misty morning but is supposed to get up in the late 60's today. I ended up having to turn the outside water right off again after turning it on, seems like the faucet part rusted or something as it was just hanging and water was just pouring out the pipe. Trying to see if this is something I can just replace on my own, hope I don't have to call a plumber to install it.

Today is in office day with lots of meetings. Have a lunch meeting and I brought a veggie tray to have something to munch on.

Debbie yeah for getting most of it done, yikes for the snow!

Cottage hope you don't have to muck the stalls

Ruth great that the mill received one grant.

Jekel glad your grilling went great

Beth have a good day

Karen I had my nose in a book last evening as well, got up an hour early so I could finish it this morning (no alarm needed)

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-16-2015, 10:55 AM   #13  

Oh how I could that coffee!!!

I am very, very grateful. At the ER with DS he washit by a car riding his bike to work. They are doing more X-rays right now if his hip. We are going to file a police report when he is clear to leave. Thankfully it could have been much worse. Two of my first cousins died from being hit by a car (nearly 30 years apart) you can imagine how my heart sank. I am so thankful the other driver swerved to avoid running DS over. Yeah I am skipping my ride today with good reason.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Oh my goodness, Jennifer! It sounds like DS was very fortunate! Take care and I hope you are both ok
Old 04-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #15  

Thank you Debbie. We got back a little while ago. DS is resting on the couch. Quite sore and a little banged up, but oh so very fortunate. I'll deal with the hospital bills when they come in.We filed an accident report, but without the driver's info, DS may get stuck with the bills. It is on,y money. I am going to see if my homeowners policy covers things like this.

Oh and when we got home I had a much needed cup of coffee.
Closed Thread