South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Frost-Free Friday - April 10

Finally a day where the temperature will be above freezing for the next 24 hours. It almost feels balmy at 42º degrees this morning. The bad they had to ruin it with a "Heavy Rainfall Warning"! We are going to 55 today and I see 60 predicted for Sunday.

My perio appointment is re-booked to Monday afternoon - much better. I can go in to Kingston early and maybe work in a little city shopping before I go there. Every so often I like a taste of the city before I head back to Lotus Land.

Never did get to the bank yesterday so am going to head there and ditch that $$ in the night deposit box. The hot water heater guy will be here between 11 and one for the annual check-up. I'm hoping he gets here at 11 because I want to spend the afternoon going through the resumes we have received for summer employment. Two of them are from two excellent "kids" from last year. No problem making decisions there. We need to hire two more from the rest. If your Mummy sends in a gushy letter about how wonderful you are, forget about it.

My crazy Book Club buddies have entered us in a Trivia Contest tonight. It starts with a spaghetti dinner with wine and then the contest starts. I think we'd better watch the wine if we intend to win. I'm hoping for easy questions and an early night since Millie has a 9 a.m. groomer appointment next day.

Time to quit babbling and crank up the day. The dogs are disgusted by the rain after just getting over their disgust at yesterday's snow.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Ruth and chicks to come. I was lurking around, but couldn't think of a title, so I read my work email.....what was I thinking????

We have severe thunderstorms last night. Actually woke me up. More rain in store for today, but tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous.

Not much happenings here. Going to Joe's. I had a dream last night he sold the house to one of the guys he has been working with and they took it down piece by piece. Won't tell him that lol. Must have been Linda's dream that made me have mine ��. Since he is doing most of the work alone or with one or two guys it is taking a long time to finish. Hopefully in the next few week they can finally do the dig for the utilities. It has been quite the stressful year for him...and me listening lol. Mark my words, unless I have the money to hire people to do it, I will never build a house lol.

DS is looking to get a used car through work. They will finance it and take the payment from his check weekly. Only problem is he needs a co signer. Yup more stress lol. I am considering it. He would have to get a second job, which might not be a bad thing (less time to hang out). Decisions decisions. Oh well, doggies had their belly rubs now time for the morning jaunt.

Happy Anniversary Pearlrose, how many years ???

Have a great day
Old 04-10-2015, 07:55 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am not discussing the weather of the last couple of days but the weekend looks lovely and Monday is supposed to hit 70 We are planning a day trip to the coast this weekend. We need ocean, birding, and maybe some lobster.

I'm heading up to see a friend I haven't seen for awhile. She has terminal cancer at 43 and I am very grateful to have a chance to see her one more time. Really pulls life into perspective.

Time to get moving so I can get work out of the way.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been busy putting away all my clutter. I'm grateful that everything has a place these days! Then ran into a glitch with my new prepaid phone plan and had to call them. I couldn't access the net from my personal hotspot. Fixed and I'm typing now. Smoothie is made and I need to get dressed and have one more cup of coffee...load the pups in the car and head out.

Jennifer, too bad you would have to cosign but at least your name will be on the vehicle. Right?? lol on your dream.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started. Your trivia thing sounds fun tonight. I like that kind of thing. Hope your weather is permanently perking up.

Gotta run....have a great day everyone!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Enjoy the nice temps.

Jennifer - I wish I had dreams about beaches or sexy men! My dreams are always so arduous. I wonder what I keep trying to work out in my subconscious mind.

Cyndi - Yum! Sorry about your friend.

Debbie - Oh how I hate clutter. Too bad I'm married to a man with clutter as his middle name.

Speaking of my man - he has a cold. Which means I might get it any day now. Darn him for not being a germophobe like me And too back I'm not a germophobe in my own house! I worked yesterday and have the closing shift tonight. I almost headed home an hour early yesterday because I didn't realize my watch was still set to eastern time! Off to the gym with my mom this morning. Doesn't feel like Friday.

Have a great day.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun is finally out and no rain or hail or thunderstorms in the forecast for the next couple of days whewhoo!

Ruth I love trivia contests with friends have fun

Jekel thanks, we have been married for 27 years,that sounds like a lot lol. My DD luckily when she went to get her car qualified all by herself so I did not have to sign. She did make a nice down payment with the giftrust I set up for them when they were babies.

Cyndi so glad you get to see your friend, so young, that is sad but is a reminder that we need to enjoy each day we have here on earth.

Debbie glad you have a spot for all the clutter , hope your day at work goes by quickly

Karen my family seems to love clutter and I hate it. Hope you are able to avoid that cold.

Today is wfh and cleaning and laundry and coloring my hair

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! The Upper Lake is at flood level and we are to have torrential rain for the rest of the day. The firemen are already at work sandbagging around the Mill which was nearly flooded this time last year. Then our road through the village was closed and my friend Rachel was using a kayak to get to the store. Finger crossed that the rain stops and the water from the Lakes starts flowing south where it belongs!
Old 04-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Almost good afternoon

Ruth hope you win the trivia and that the flood stays out of your area.

Jennifer have a good time and yes signing for a loan is a huge stress.

Debbie. Good to have a place for everything. My kitchen has a mis en place for 3verything and I get made if one mixing spoon is out of place.

Karen. Hope the germ escapes you. Wonder if its true that garlic around neck works. Well it would keep anyone away.

Pearlrose. Congraulations. 27 years is a good track record.

Busy day. Dh is out having new brakes and suspension put on the car and I am busy baking babkas for Sunday when we are having a traditional easter brunch. Im also making a few that have been requested by friends but they are paying $.
take care
Sophie
p.s. each babka has 6 egg yolkes

ce
Closed Thread