South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Good Friday April 3 Beach Chat

Coffee is on where are all the chicks?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Guess it's just me so far....slept in until 6:45, dogs are still in their bed. How nice I enjoyed my smoothie and coffee before their morning jaunt. Today is WFH, unlike Pearlrose I am working for home. Lots to do today. I am having dinner with my sisters tomorrow, birthday dinner. Not sure what Easter will bring for DS. He "should" go to his dad's but they are both extremely stubborn and neither will apologize to the other. Hopefully the Bagel store will be open early and I will bring in goodies for breakfast. You guessed it I'm working Easter, nothing new I am used to working holidays.

What is on everyone's agenda today?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here I am! I just had a few other things I had to do first, but now I'm ready for coffee!

Housecleaning first this morning before I run out for groceries and to drop off a prescription, then lunch with Dad, and getting back home by 3 to drive DS down to Newtown Square to pick up his new (used) truck. And I get to drive back in the midst of the Friday Night Rush Hour. If Jake comes along with me, maybe we'll stop for a light supper on the way home.

It's raining out, but at least it's warm.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Jennifer, and thanks for getting us started! I like your new meaning of work for home. I do that a lot. I hope your day is productive and just to let you know I always work Easter, too.

I slept in a little bit and while coffee was making I did some cleanup in my office. I have a little sewing project in mind that should be fun and completeable. I'm going to make a tea cozy out of some pretty pre-quilted material that I picked up a few months ago.

We got about 6 inches of wet snow last evening and it's still snowing a bit. That will be great for watering everything that needs to be watered this time of year. We are so dry here once the weather starts to warm up.

I have a new pet black widow spider. Actually, technically, they are called Western widows here. I found it on the curtains when I was showing a potential tenant the little cabin up above yesterday. Of course, I didn't say anything at the moment and thought I'd go look again once she had gone. I forgot until I was sitting eating dinner about 7 PM and so I trudged back up the stairs with a glass jar and lid and sure enough, she was still there. They are around here but I don't see them often. I did remember however, that there was a bigger one crawling across our living room carpet several years ago. I really hate killing things so I guess I will use the more passive toilet flushing method here in a little bit. LOL

I made a reservation yesterday for my DH to go to Alaska for seven weeks. There are a bunch of projects that need to be done on our cabin there and I must admit I'm looking forward to the break. It's been a real stressful 2015 so far.

The ex-wife left a bunch of stuff for Easter baskets for the kids. I guess at some point I will get those put together and need to make a trip to Denver to deliver them.

Well that's my day. Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-03-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Linda! It sounds like a busy day off you have going. Be safe on the roads and I hope you get to stop somewhere fun for dinner!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pea soup fog here this morning but the geese are still flying and I finally saw a robin. We are heading to 57ºF today which will melt more snow. Unfortunately the ground is still frozen so it's not soaking in. My lane is like chocolate pudding!

Been up for ages. Sean/Shawn came to my door around 6 - he knows I'm an earlybird - and checked out the stairwell, upstairs hall and little guest room. He is one of Paul's lads and is going to do the painting for me. It'll be done on the installment plan because he works for Paul first so will be done as he gets time off the job. We'll also replace the toilet and vanity in the upstairs bath. Paul "found" me a toilet in his storeroom and has ordered the vanity, sink, taps etc., getting me his contractor's discount. All I need to do is pay the plumber to install. It sure is nice that he is married to Cousin Lisa. Of course the whole village thinks I'm getting my house ready to sell!

Jazz had a great grooming yesterday and the new groomer seems in love with him. She said she has never worked with a dog that had such thick and healthy fur and an excellent temprament. He was there for nearly three hours but I got some groceries, did banking and a few other errands so the morning was not wasted. Westport is a better shopping place than Merrickville - more variety and even has a hardware store instead of all the upscale "shoppes" in Merrickville.

Not sure what the day will bring but I do know it'll include Church and some baking since it's my turn to bring the "sweet" at Quilting Biddies on Monday. Once again they want Rum Cake. It's going to be a "foodie" weekend and I know there will be three ham dinners - ham's not my favourite meat except in a sandwich. However, Karen's son Ben wants to see me and is back from Columbia, Heather considers me part of her family and Lisa and Paul are real family. The good news is that I won't have to cook for three nights and may end up with a ham bone for soup. I'm sure I'll survive but know I'll have football feet and sausage fingers by Monday.

Time to officially crank up the day. I may take wee Millie out for a walk later and do some leash training. I looks like a lovely day is going to happen - but snow in the forecast tomorrow. Never mind! Spring is here.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Not much going on here today; we have gray and rain right now but we may see some sun later. The awesome thing is that our snow is almost completely gone; we're down to the big piles from plowing. I may get to start cleaning up the yard soon!

Debbie, I wanted to tell you I bought a Vitamix this week. Smoothies are at the top of my list but I'm also excited to try the soups and nut butters.

Hope everyone has a great day. Off to refill my coffee.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:08 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beth, if you need more snow, I can send some. Meet me at the Bridge for the transfer! Big melt has started here and I even have a current in the water flowing through the dog yard. "A River Runs Through It!'' That's a good thing because it means the culvert is open and the melt should end up in the creek rather than my cellar.
Closed Thread