South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday, March 27

Sorry no cheery title today as I'm thinking of Tammy as she grieves the death of her brother. We are thinking of you a lot today, Tammy.

Yesterday we had a real Christmas Eve snowstorm which melted away. (We are supposed to get more today but who knows these days. ) I have to go to town this afternoon so I hope it doesn't happen. Still have snowtires on but ... There's a funeral this morning but I will just go to the service, not the burial as I have to be in town by 2. This means I can skip the funeral "lunch" which is just as well. It's always clunky sandwiches and absolutely horrible salads. (The person who invented lime jello, marshmallows and crushed pineapple salad should be shot!)

Sometime today, I need to shop for snacky stuff for tomorrow's book club and find time to make deviled eggs - special request and quite easy, just fiddly! I also need to pick up books for the event. We just finished reading Room and I know discussion will be lively.

Hmm - looks like I have two hours free before I get dressed for the funeral. Maybe I'll soak in the tub with another coffee and dream about planting pansies and picking tulips. The geese are flying again this morning so Spring must be coming.

Enjoy your Friday but think of Tammy today.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #2  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Tammy, prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. May your brother rest in peace.
hugs
Sophie
Old 03-27-2015, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Ruth thank you for starting us today. I too am thinking of Tammy. Our snow is almost melted, but they are calling for some on Saturday. I keep trying to pick up doggie fertilizer as the snow melts away. The yard and garden took a beating this year.

Meeting my friend Ed for coffee at Panera. Maybe his older son, 6, too. He missed school yesterday. Ed said he didn't have a fever, was just feeling yucky. If they keep him home he may sip tea by the fireplace and teach me how to play mind craft. His son Luc is such a sweet boy. Last time I saw him he was so excited to show me his grown up lunch box. I miss the innocence of youth.

Things here are status quo. Other than me ex bombarding me with texts about DS (they are not getting along again) I play negotiator between them. The nice mom in me is going to reduce DS rent. He has to pay for his own health insurance so I will deduct the cost from his rent to help him. He thinks it is unfair that I charge him rent and he doesn't get anything extra for it.....oh really lol this child is in for a rude awakening

Sending hugs your way Tammy.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Thinking of Tammy this morning as well.

We got snow flurries this morning, I am wfh so all is good. My boss gave me a few things to do today and then just have to finish up some projects. Will try to start tackling the mountain of laundry in the basement as well.

Ruth I hope you don't get a snowstorm today

Jekel, we allow DS to still live with us after college graduation rent free with the stipulation that he has to put most of his salary towards his college loans to pay them down.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:29 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Tammy, thinking of you during this very difficult day.

Getting started on our project. We made progress yesterday. Got started, which is the hardest part.

Take care everyone!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My thoughts and prayers are with Tammy, as well.

Carley and I went out for breakfast before I took her to school this morning, and now I have the day to myself until I get her at 3. Hmmm, what shall I do with my free time? I do need to get gas at some point since Monica left me with a nearly empty tank!
Carley is going to choose where she wants to go for supper this evening, and then we're going to snuggle on the couch and watch " The Goonies".
Old 03-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all.

Tammy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks chicks. Today is a little rough, your support means a lot.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just catching up.

Tammy I am thinking of you.
Closed Thread