South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chit Chat for 3/26

Good morning. I'm going to sit and enjoy my coffee before I finish packing my bag and getting ready for the day. I'm catching the train to Monica's right after work, and hoping there isn't a line at the bank so I can get in and out fast.

It's raining but supposed to get up to 70* today. Whoohoo!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! the 70's sounds tropical but we do have the rain ... along with a predicted high of 35ºF today and snow tomorrow.

Today had better not be a day like the past two or I am going to go on a retreat! Seems I spent half the day on email or the telephone and I'm not sure if any progress has been made. We'll see what today brings.

So happy that this is Michelle Day. :cheer She can do both levels in two hours while Donna used to take three hours to do just one floor! When she finishes the usual regular routine, I will work with her on organizing the upstairs storage room (formerly a sauna) and might even get the Christmas chaos moved from the spare room. When you live by yourself, you can just close the door on messes but Miss Millie has been exploring in there and bringing me little reminders, like ribbons and gift tags.

I have a Fair Board meeting at 7 tonight but am still hoping for an early bedtime.

Hope everyone has a springlike and productive day. The geese are flying in the right direction this morning so Spring is coming!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

We're getting up to 60 today, but had a black ice warning this AM. It will be beautiful later!

I'm a little sad because I don't think it will be long until I say good-bye to my old man kitty, Merlin. He's a cat that I got in vet school, he would be 19 in March. I thought I'd lose him a few years ago, and he's been mostly great since then, until recently. His attitude is still okay, but his issues are really stacking up. He's been through a lot with me - vet school, bad boyfriends, marriage, kids, and a whole lot more. He has got the sweetest disposition (he 'grooms' Emma Jean, the pup in the pic...it's a riot to watch), and is by far the most even tempered cat I have. Gratefully he's senile, so in his own little world most of the time. *sigh*

On the normal front - it's my day off and time to veg. My new meds really seem to be helping, and I'm incredibly grateful. I'd love to have no symptoms, but at least to treat them somewhat is better than not at all! Speaking of which, I'm going to look for new shoes today . I have a few errands to do, with a nap in between.

I can't wait for the sunshine and warm rays!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-26-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:59 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

So glad the new meds are helping, Tammy. Also very sorry about Merlin. I had Marigold for 22 years - my first and only cat - and know how hard it is to let them go. Marigold used to groom my cocker spaniel, Sandbag, and they really were best buds.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning

Linda hope your day flies by

Ruth I coukd use a Michelle!

Tammy sorry to hear about Merlin. Our pets are family. Family we like and love lol. When you think abou how much they have been through with us it is truly amazing. I was never a cat person, until Hunter, Joe's cat. She is such a sweet little odd ball! Joe teases me because I talk to all the critters, including the turkey, like they are babies. Just can't help myself.....hope you are successful with your shoe search.

I am staying home today Whoo hoo! Just going to let the day unfold. I may shear Coconut today. He is looking like a sheepdog!

Have a great day
Old 03-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another day in the office with lots of meetings. It is rainy and in the 30's today.

Nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Cottage enjoy your weekend

Ruth I need a Michelle as well

Tywnn sorry to hear about Merlin since he has been in your life for awhile

Jekel enjoy your day off.

Have a wonderful day, we are almost to the weekend.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:38 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

21° here right now but it's supposed to go up to 60. We're going to start painting our mobile home today. Need to get going before it's 100°. Pool first.

Tammy, I'm glad to hear your meds are working. So sorry to hear about Merlin.

Linda, Hope your day goes quick and you're on the train to go visiting.

Ruth, funny about the pup dragging the little bows out.

Jennifer, enjoy your day off!

Perlroae, how is your ankle doing? Hope your day goes fast at work.

I better get going here. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

Tammy - Sorry about your kitty but glad that the meds seem to be helping.

I'm still working a lot this week but it should fall off pretty soon. DH and I dropped a car off for detailing this morning and will need to pick it up later. I'm getting two fillings from the dentist today

Have a great one.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon, chicks. We are having a snow flurry right now; maybe it will be good for the sap run?? At least the long range forecast has the temperatures shifting generally upward.

Tammy, glad the medication seems to be helping.

Jennifer, I think most of us could use a Michelle !! Hope you enjoyed your day off.

Cottage, have a great weekend.

I am off to the family room to exercise. Gotta get down there before my motivation wains.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Well chicks, today did not go as planned. This AM, the Chicago police called me to notify me that my brother committed suicide. Unfortunately, I was not surprised of this, I even had a dream of this call (albeit it not from a cop) a few weeks ago. He suffered from alcoholism and depression. It took me a bit to realize that I am the one that needs to make the arrangements, thank goodness he does not leave a family behind. My mom's response was something so b!tchy I don't even want to say it.

Anyway. You're my online friends, so I wanted to share.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh Tammy, that's such a tragedy and I am so sorry! It's heartbreaking to think he was so desperate that he decided that was only way out.

Big hugs to you, my friend!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:48 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Just home and read this. So very, very sorry, Tammy. You will have to be very strong but we all know you can do it. ((((Tammy))))
Old 03-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Thinking of you, Tammy.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:24 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Tammy so sorry to hear about your loss

Last edited by Pearlrose; 03-26-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:37 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

So sorry Tammy ((hugs)). Just got home and read this
Closed Thread