South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 06:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Spring(?) Weekend - March 21 & 22

No pretty flowers this morning - we are back into a wee cold snap with snow predicted for today. At least there will be sunshine tomorrow and Monday although well below freezing. Suits me because a slow melt keeps the dogyard flooding at a minimum.

Spent all morning yesterday on the phone with my bookeeper and did not take off for town until 12:30. I did get most of the things on my list done but had to go to three grocery stores before finding one that had any corned beef left. There sure must be a lot of fake Irishfolk around her. Did not get home until 5:30.

Just as I let the dogs out, Joanne arrived with Joey for a playdate. We unloaded the car, dumping the shopping onto the kitchen table, and were just settling in for a glass of wine when Liz arrived. I was sooo tired but we all ended up chatting and sipping for a while. Liz asked Joanne and I for dinner but I had to decline. Guess I'm getting old.

This morning we hang pictures. I was supposed to go to a funeral this afternoon but had the wrong date. The husband of one of the quilting biddies died this week but the service is not until the 28th, allowing his son to get back from Denmark. Whew! I'm hoping to tackle laundry this afternoon - otherwise I'll be naked for tomorrow's family dinner.

So? What are your plans for this first "spring" weekend. I hope it's not to shovel snow!
Old 03-21-2015, 06:30 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Oops, Ruth, I started a thread, too. Sorry you will have to merge.... Sorry, too, about another cold streak. I hope your chores get accomplished and you find some time for relaxing!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:05 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

My 15 minute massage did wonders yesterday and I purchased some RescueRemedyGum on the way out of WhFoods. I located a $20 hair salon on the drive home and got a quick shampoo and cut. Felt pretty good by the time I got home. It was a successful non-food way to transition out of a very stressful week. Now it's time to get back to my reality-work for the next 4 days and DH is traveling back over later today.

I've been up for a little bit and am getting some things picked up along the way. I almost made a big mess with coffee this morning but fortunately I was right there giving the pup his pills. I had done everything but dump the old coffee out of the pot and it was going all over. Fortunately, I have the coffeemaker on a tray which gives me a little leeway. LOL

I think I'm going to enjoy my quiet time with the pup before I head out. I was going to pick up all the kids stuff but decided DH can do that. (They are HIS grandkids). I will pack up the portable crib that is in our bedroom. Boy, are those things handy.

I was going to plant my sweet pea seeds today. Maybe I can get DH to help when I get off work since I'm not fully functional when I get home.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - sounds like an exhausting day! But ending on a nice social note. Hope today is not too crazy for you.
Debbie - Oohhhh, I need a haircut too. The sweet peas would be beautiful!

It's supposed to be 50 degrees out today! Maybe it will melt all this white stuff out there - my drive to work yesterday was YUCKY. But I gotta tell ya - the CR-V I bought last year mainly because of the snow and distance, did AWESOME! A big pick up truck fish tailed in front of me, but I didn't!

I'm quite excited to be trying my new med this AM! Hopefully it will help me function the rest of the day. I put a pork shoulder in the crock pot last night, I'll pick that apart today, and then finish making dinner for a friend. Her daughter got in a horrific car accident, and only by the grace of God, survived. I can't even look at the picture of the car without crying (geez, can't even think of the picture...), it's hard to believe she's still alive seeing it. Anyway, I'll be dropping off her food tonight and taking care of the dogs.

I have some niggles to get done (taxes, reference letter, etc), and that's about it. Maybe enjoy the warmer temps for a minute or two!!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I'll be shoveling Ruth, only a path though. Hopefully Mother Nature will take care of the rest if and when the sun comes out.

Debbie excellent way to distress. Glad you finally had some time for you.

Tammy good luck with the new meds and your growth spurt!!! Kudos on your ticker too. I hope your friend's daughter will be ok. I'm still amazed how people survive horrific accidents.

Today I get to stay home yippee!!! The training class was really good. At managed to say no thank you to the homemade goodies and made wise good choices at lunch. They had 2 big 6' wedges one Italian combo, the other eggplant with roasted red peppers, mozzarella, lettuce and balsamic. I ditched the bread and had that with salad. After class I ran errands in the snow. For once the stores were empty. I got some freebies at Shoprite for listening to a pitch for knives, bought those too lol. Treated myself to a new water bottle and fresh flowers. Even more exciting than that I cleaned up and deleted files off my computer! I am such a party girl.

So today the wild child in me will have a second cup of coffee before tackling the day. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (40.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Jumping in to wave a quick hi - - we're off to see my parents this weekend and I hope to be more present here next week. I lost 2 lbs! Have a great weekend everyone...
Old 03-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Do you chirpy Chicks have any coffee left?

It sounds like you had a pretty full day yesterday, Ruth, and hope today is much more relaxing.

Debbie, I hope you are enjoying your quiet time before the rest of the family gets back.

Tammy, your description of your friend's crash gave me chills. Thank God she is alive! I hope your new med makes a big difference and that you have a super day!

Jennifer, you did awesome yesterday at the training class lunch, WTG! What kind of knives did you get? We've been researching and looking at knives. Our present ones are getting pretty dull. Did you get much snow up there?

We ended up with 4 - 5" of snow, and I have to admit that it's really pretty. It shouldn't last with temps expected in the 50s today, though. I've had a flat of pansies languishing on the sunporch for the past few days and I'm hoping to get them planted into pots this afternoon. It IS Spring, whether the weather says so or not.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:23 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, we have snow this morning but probably not enough to shovel. Yuck.

Debbie, nice job on your non-food rewards. I'm still working on my relationship with emotional eating, be it happy or sad. I'm jealous you are planting seeds.

Tammy, I also drive a tank (4Runner) and this winter I've been really glad for the 4WD. Makes it soooo easier when you must get to work. Hope your new medication really helps.

Wow, Jennifer, a busy and productive day! I also bought myself flowers this week: potted daffodils. I have this delusion I might plant the bulbs outside when the snow finally melts.

Matilda, hang in there! Great job on the weight loss.

I have no idea what is on the agenda today. Right now it is snowing so I think I'll just stay on the couch and have another cup!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:23 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Cottage, and yes, I have coffee left!
Old 03-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have been up for a while made breakfast and making a batch of banana blueberry bread recipe that Cyndi posted. I put in muffin pan instead of bread tin so we shall see how they come out. The family liked them and they are healthy.

Ruth sounds like you had a busy day yesterday

Debbie yeah for non food rewards.

Tywnn so glad to hear your friends daughter survived. Hope your meds work

Jekel wtg, I made it yesterday completely op as well. Taking it a day at a time

Matilda way to go losing 2 lbs

Cottage hope the snow melts quickly

Beth enjoy your day.

Today is just normal stuff, cleaning house, laundry, grocery shopping and maybe trying to fit in the first pedi of the year.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I've been busy lately, working lots, many niggles. But today I'm free, free, free. Will either hike if the trails are open or ride bikes.

DH surprised me with a new computer monitor and I'm not at all sure I like it! It is huge and bright. But too bright and, believe it or not, maybe too big. Sites like this one don't fill the screen and others stretch out. I feel kinda like watching a big screen TV too close. I'm going to see if I adjust; apparently I don't handle change well! Anyhow, what I really need is the computer itself still.

Enjoy your day.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #12  

Good morning Karen! Are you able to adjust the brightness? The not filling the screen is a little weird, I agree. I hope you learn to like it, or just get the opportunity to exchange it!

I didn't get all of my niggles done yesterday (where did the time go!?), so I guess I shall do them today. So church, couple niggles, plan out the menu for the week as well. Black beans and rice is already on the schedule .
Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 AM   #13  

Good morning on this clear, sunny, Sunday! Most of the snow has melted but it's still pretty darned cold out there. My pansies don't seem to mind it, though.

This morning I want to run to the store for a few essentials, then I have to get ready for our Red Hat event this afternoon. We're going over to NJ to see a play (Barefoot In the Park), and having dinner at a popular Italian restaurant. It promises to be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Karen, I hope you can get used to the new monitor screen! Can you adjust the brightness on it? Still, that was nice of your DH to surprise you with it.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #14  

Good morning, Tammy! Have a good day getting your niggling done! I like to attend our Saturday Vigil Mass so I don't have to get up and go to church on Sunday morning.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:37 AM   #15  

Good morning Linda! Why don't all the protestants get on board with the Catholics and have Saturday night services? Actually, we rented Maleficent last night - way better than I expected. My daughter really enjoyed it.

OH! And my heart rate never went above 100 yesterday! WOOT WOOT! I would go to 130-140 simply making coffee, which kind of exhausted me. (and ya gotta make coffee!) One less symptom!
Closed Thread