South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 06:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF March 20 and Nearly Spring!

Just sayin' ......

Sorry for folks who may get snow today but the weatherman has been wrong before. The road in front of the house is actually bare and nearly dry this morning.

Anyhow, come and sip a brew and think futuristic thoughts.

I am doing a phone conference this morning on some grants and financial stuff but the afternoon is "free". I plan a trip to Brockville for some picture hanging hardware and some hunks of corned beef for Sunday's "family" dinner. Joanne is coming over tomorrow morning to hang pictures for me - I've sorted my collection into "Love it!" "Meh" and "Fergedaboutit". I'll get her to help me put the extensions into the diningroom table for Sunday dinner and will leave it extended until Book Club on the 28th. I can't believe how fast March whizzed by, once it got in gear!

Hope your Friday is a bit spring-like, wherever you are. Even if it isn't, it's FRIDAY!
Old 03-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Ruth, love the pic thanks for reminding me flowers are hiding under the snow.

Yesterday was so incredibly sad, but a beautiful loving tribute to a wonderful man. Bawled like a baby during his brother and best friend's eulogies.

Up early, like Pearlrose the numbers on the scale aren't pretty. I know I am to blame, I've let my emotions get in the way yet again. Being hormonal doesn't help matters either. Today I am enforcing a new rule for me. No eating in the living room. The house has been purged so less temptation. I'll still get DS his favorites, which fortunately are not mine Ugh.

Laundry, bike then a training class for domestic violence. After grocery shopping with the panic stricken snow crazies. Maybe some fresh flowers from the grocery store will brighten my spirit. At least I can't eat them
Old 03-20-2015, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank you for the lovely flowers, Ruth! I have a flat of pansies out on the sunporch that I need to get planted, but most likely not today since winter decided it's not done with us and is trying to get in it's last hurrah. We're due to get 2-4", depending who you listen to. The schools are opening on time, so we're still optimistic.

My day isn't going to be as busy as Ruth's. I want to clean this morning as soon as everyone is out of here, then run over to Dad's to do his paperwork and sort his pills, and if the weather allows, I'll take him grocery shopping and out to lunch.

OK, my grandson just informed that our Spring Snowstorm has just begun!
Old 03-20-2015, 07:07 AM   #4  

Good morning, Jennifer. I hope you find solace in today, after your sad day yesterday.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - what a great way to start the day! Thanks for the picture. Hope your phone call goes okay.

Jennifer - sounds like a beautiful service. Good job, purging out all the evil stuff!

Debbie - hope the grandbaby is better every day!

I was happy with my doc appointment - he put me on a med to lower my heart rate (it makes me fatigued) and help my hand tremors (bummer in surgery!), and also gave me a neuro referral in the meantime. Hopefully it will help me work a little easier. I will admit, my appetite is still a roller coaster as well, I lost 3 lb on the doc scale without even trying. Most expensive diet ever! I know this won't last forever (well, I hope it doesn't), I'll appreciate it while I can. (I just realize for the first time in years, I am actually below my ticker...)

Today is work of course - and we're still predicted to get 2-4", but I'm not sure we will, thank goodness. It will be 50 degrees here tomorrow, so hopefully that will be the end of it! Leftovers for dinner - makes it easy

Have a great Friday, y'all!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:48 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

So excited for Spring time tomorrow is supposed to be 74 degrees here. Today is wfh and first day back on track for food. I got a plan and the right food so here we go, I will just ignore any food that is not on plan in the house.

Ruth very pretty picture of flowers, enjoy your afternoon

Jekel hope you are feeling better today- I wish I could purge the house but DH is always going and getting more so it will just take a couple of days for me to lose temptation to eat anything as then I will not want it

Cottage hope you only get a sprinkle of snow today

Tywnn I hope the medicine works for you.

WFH day so got to get to it.

Have a wonderful Day!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Just a quick hello! The X, husband and grandkids should arrive any minute. I had to do a major vacuum in the living room because that's where we put the little guy and I had to buy a new handheld vacuum yesterday because our old one quit. Need to get all the cat hair out. Thankfully, the new vacuum is much nicer than the old one so it was an easy job. I could even use it to vacuum off the bottom of the drapes that the cat drags on.

Have a great Friday everyone! It looks like it will be busy here.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

HOW could I forget to tell y'all the BEST news that I got yesterday?!?!?

I am FIVE FOOT FOUR!!! LOL...

The surgeon had said I gained 1/2 cm, but when I was measured yesterday (no shoes, thankyouverymuch), I was an inch taller!!

WOOO HOOOO! Time to change the ticker!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #9  

Well! I guess congratulations are in order, Tammy!

The snow is still coming down here, with about an hour of winter left.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Yippee! Yay Tammy!

I made it through the day. Kids are back at Aunties and other grandma/pa are headed home. I am sitting at WhFoods with a voucher for 15 min massage (head and neck please) I'm drinking water and wil have a raw coconut water down the hatch soon. Time to destress. Oh, walked into work and got asked to fill on tomorrow . Couldn't say no. Oh, well.

See y'all tomorrow!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Glad you made it through the day, Debbie! You deserve a massage.

Tammy, hooray! Not many people grow at this point in their lives.

Ruth, thanks for the flowers. Are you insinuating that your yard looks like that?? Mine is still snow and dirty snow.

Happy Friday, chicks. Time for a glass of wine.
Closed Thread