South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:34 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Marvy Monday, SBD CHAT, March 16

Good Morning

I work the early shift both today and tomorrow. Tomorrow is with the new girl, who I haven't met yet. Today is with the original owners' sister, who has waitressed for the family for 35+ years (and she's younger than me). I was going to offer to trade her for the later shift (which she dislikes) but she was catty to me off and on the past two days so I decided I'm just fine leaving early.lol

I worked in the yard for awhile after work yesterday. It was so beautiful!! I just looked at the 10 day forecast and it's looking like we have a fine streak going. I know there will still be snow at this altitude but I can get a lot accomplished inbetween.

What's on your agenda today? I'm headed down for coffee! Anybody want some?
Old 03-16-2015, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'd love some coffee, Debbie! Have a good day at work and enjoy your nice weather.

We're having typical March weather here, cold and windy. But the sun just may put in a brief appearance today. I did notice my Jack-Be-Nimble daffodils are coming up, so that's encouraging.

It's looking like a typical busy Monday to get the week started and I just need to get myself started, lol!
Old 03-16-2015, 07:18 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sorry about your weather, Linda. Believe me, I'm taking advantage of this warmth while it's here. In 2003 we had 6 feet of snow the last week of March. I hope you're busy Monday goes smoothly.

Waving to everyone else this morning! I'm down to my final 10 minutes and am sitting out on the porch again enjoying that final cup of coffee.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:23 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie and Linda, Fortify yourselves with coffee as we tackle another week. We are heading for 44ºF today after below freezing overnight so the sap will be really running today. So far there's no flood in the dogyard but there is still lots of snow out there so ...

Mill Board meeting happens this afternoon and I am having major problems cobbling together a financial report. We've not met since November. Although I have the 2015 stuff, my 2014 files are with Madeleine down in Mallorytown and there;s no way I can get at them. Just to add to the joy, for some reason, I can't access our bank account online today. Grrr. I guess I'll have to fake it - "an approximate financial statement".

Spent most of yesterday relaxing with the dogs and puttering around. Today I hope to get all things back in order in the diningroom and have my sewing studio useable once again. I have our monthly Delta Family Dinner next Sunday and want to make a new tablecloth for the newly painted diningroom. It's a busy week so I'll have to make a plan.

I wish you all a good start to the week.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I didn't intentionally go missing - just been busy. I think we'll have Debbie's weather here too, although more seasonable in a few days, unlike today's summer-like temps.

Yesterday we did our second hike of the season, adding about a mile. Things certainly ache during and after but I don't want to give it up.

Today I'm going to try riding my bike outside for the first time in over two years! (Yes, I've had that many injuries for that long that kept me off.) Last year DH started riding long distances with a friend of ours, and I have been a bit jealous. They did their first ride of the season last week and I knew I couldn't just jump in for a long one, but she's out of town for spring break so I'll dip my toe in today.

Have a great day.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Busy day at work but wanted to stop in and say Hi. We are supposed to get up to 83 degrees today unbelievable. I turned down the heat in the house this morning so it will help to keep the house cool this afternoon. We should be back in the 50s tomorrow. Crazy weather. Of course I am at work so can't enjoy the nice weather. I did go for my first walk yesterday and the ankle held up pretty good a bit tender but it handled it.

Debbie enjoy your weather as well

Cottage enjoy your day

Ruth an estimate sounds like a plan to me

Karen enjoy your bike ride

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

At least some chicks are starting to feel like spring!!!! Somewhere under the snow are my spring bulbs...I hope

Karen hope you enjoy your ride. My bike is still on the trainer for a few more weeks.

I only worked 4 hours today. I could get used to this lol. Took most of the day off for a dr appointment. Tomorrow is always crazy busy. Looks like at least a 16 hour day tomorrow so I better enjoy today
Closed Thread