South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, thanks for the recipes, they both sound really good. The first one is very similar to the Morning Glory recipe I have.

Sophie, I'm glad it's working now.

Tammy, hopefully they'll be out of here before summer; that's their goal.

Jennifer and Pearlrose, St. Vincent is a movie that I want to see, and I'm thinking of taking some "me" time tomorrow to go see The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. With both Maggie Smith and Judi Dench in it, it's bound to be good!

OK, I'm back from shopping and found a pretty wreath that Jake has already hung on the door, and now I'm finally going to make those muffins.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #17  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

I saw St. Vincent last night too. Yes and I cried at the end too. Bill Murray is fantastic in it. Really makes you realize not to judge people at first glance. Yesterday while I was at the mall I saw a little blind boy about 10 being instructed how to walk with a cane and that really upset me too. Count our blessings.
have a nice weekend.
take care
Sophie
and the 3fc site has changed for me completely, don't know why but I'm getting around.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies, just popping in to say hello. Super excited that it's already 7! Just a little bit longer and I'm headed home from work!

Beth - That's EXACTLY how I feel. It has been a pretty hellacious Winter...might as well get something historic out of it! At this point I'm just praying that the commuter rail will be back up and running at a decent pace by the time I fly out at the end of April.

Ruth - Too funny about your clocks being done twice one year. It's really bugging me that we "spring forward" when it's not yet Spring, though. I'm not a fan of ordering shoes online, either. I always worry that they won't fit. I ordered some adorable sandals that were on sale with Country Outfitters and they neglected to note that the sizes were European instead of American. I sure hope you can turn over some of your mill responsibilities soon. It sounds like you have way too much on you.

Cottage - Oooh, I haven't tried the cauliflower crust yet...but I might just have to now that you've discovered a shortcut!

Cyndi - I tell ya, I am so OVER this Winter. My bedroom door doesn't latch in place now b/c of the weight of the snow on our roof. I think I heard that we have a storm coming next weekend. Might as well break the record...Winter can go on after that!

Jennifer - Thank you. I think he'll be fine. I wish I could say COPD convinced him to stop smoking completely, but last time I asked him, it hadn't. *sigh* Oh, hey, my roommate and I are planning on coming in to the city sometime in May or June to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch on broadway. You interested in joining us? If not for the play, maybe at least for dinner and drinks. I'm going to have to watch St. Vincent now. I love Bill Murray AND Melissa McCarthy. And I'm a sap...I cry SO MUCH at movies. Ugh.

Hope everyone is having a decent weekend so far. I just booked my roundtrip flight home for the end of April. My great niece is due on April 20th, but the doctor thinks she'll come early. I figure if I go a week after her due date, she'll definitely be here. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-08-2015, 07:18 AM   #19  

Good morning! Is everybody sleeping in this morning to make up for that stolen hour? We'll sure appreciate it at the end of the day.

I have coffee, the day is warmer, and it's supposed to be a sunny and warmer week ahead, so all is well in my world. I'm not sure yet what I'm doing today, but I'm thinking about treating myself to a matinee this afternoon, just to get away for some "me" time. Either that, or spending the afternoon at Barnes & Noble with stack of books to browse through and a nice cappuccino.

Who's awake?
Old 03-08-2015, 07:23 AM   #20  

Hi, Natasha! I bet you appreciate the time change since it cuts an hour off your work! I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better and hope he has a full recovery.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:48 AM   #21  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I am up but not cheerful about it. It's Tim's work weekend so we were up at 5:30. Wish I was good at napping. Oh well, looks like a nice day ahead so I will sip an extra cup of coffee and get to it.

That bread was really good toasted. yum
Old 03-08-2015, 08:03 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - was that 5:30 new time? ICK.
Linda - Did you say what movie? I hope you enjoy it, what a treat!
Natasha - glad to see you here this AM!

I guess my body got the memo on the time change, I woke up at 7 am new time. Of course, the entire house is really quiet. Nothing much planned today, I did a lot yesterday so I get to rest today. I'm betting DH wants to get out with the dog for a walk.

I need to go look up this Bill Murray movie...
Old 03-08-2015, 08:17 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

God morning. I didn't get to enjoy the time change this morning. Miss Millie, the Fierce Guard Dog, spotted something outside around 6 a.m. (new time) and raised a huge ruckus. By the sound of it, it was probably a Tyranosaurus Rex! I'll look for prints later.

Nothing on today's agenda so far except to gather the Mill financials ready to take to Bookeeper Madeleine in the morning. I did the laundry yesterday and it's all dried, folded and put away. I may throw together a crockpot beef stew and might even shovel some packed snow off the side walk since we are supposed to have above freezing temperatures for the next week. I knew hanging the pu$$ywillow wreath would do the trick.

Enjoy that "extra" hour of daylight tonight.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks! I'm sipping my coffee and contemplating my grocery list. I did laundry, paperwork, and a bit of cleaning yesterday but also spent time with a book...which is a long winded way to say that I didn't make it to the store yesterday.

Cottage, I tried the crust last night and it was MUCH easier and very tasty. I think I need to make it a bit thinner or bake it longer. You could pick up the edge but the middle was still soft. I had been using a flax recipe that you could pick up, but was really dense and definitely over my nut limit for the day.

Cyndi, it's funny how 1 hour throws your body out of whack for a day or two.

Ruth, let me know if I need to be on the lookout for large reptiles with big teeth! Maybe Millie can keep them on your side of the St. Lawrence. I agree with everyone else, isn't it time to hand off some of the Mill responsibilities?

Tammy, enjoy your relaxation time today.

Natasha, good thing you left the South in time for record breaking snowfall!

Well, since it is already an hour later than my body clock says, I should probably get to the store. Have a good day, chicks!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I had to set the alarm for 3 AM old time so I could leave by 4:30 AM new time to be to work by 8 o'clock. So we been here about 15 minutes I'm having a cuppa coffee on the porch and I have about 15 minutes to get ready. Oh well.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #26  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

site is still screwy for me. I have to click on several different buttons before I can get in. My it son looked at it and doesnt know whats happening. Its the only site on my tablet to do it. Oh well, maybe after a week it will become routine.
made a double batch of waffles, with some whole wheat flour and white grandma has to keep the loved ones happy. They are coming Friday. Waffles go into freezer for now.
might go for a nice drive with dh today
enjoy this lovely weather
take care
Sophie
Old 03-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Not so good night last night, my son woke us up at around 1:30 am one of the pipes busted under sink and was flooding both the bathroom (upstairs) and kitchen (downstairs). Of course since this is an old house there is no shut off in the bathroom so I raced to the basement to shut off the water to the house.

Took me about an hour and half but got everything cleaned up, dehumidifiers running.

Looked at this morning and it is the pipe going to the faucet that wont stay put. Looks like a simple fix and since its Sunday if I call a plumber it will be emergency charge as well. Trying to you tube it to see if it something I can just do myself if not will have to decide if we can leave without water for a day. I have bottles of water in the basement we use for various things.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 03-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #28  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cottage - Thanks for the tip!! I need to try making one of those crusts again.

Cyndi - Thanks for the recipes. I remember years ago on SB making pumpkin muffins with white beans.

Natasha - Glad to hear your dad is doing okay.

Rose - Yikes!

Yesterday I worked and we went out to dinner with old friends who we haven't seen in years. It was fun to catch up. After two dinners out in a row, I need to get back on track again. Was going to take advantage of the nice weather to hike today but the trails are closed. I'm going to plug away on the family tree and maybe pick up my book where I left off a few days ago.

This is the first time ever that I forgot to change my clocks BEFORE I went to bed. I woke up at 5 and thought to myself, "tomorrow this will be 6 o'clock, maybe I should just get up now." I didn't. My hardest adjustment will be eating breakfast tomorrow before my workout.

Enjoy your day.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #29  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Just calling in here to say to Sophie that 3FC things are very far from good on my phone. I gather from one of the mods that they've been working on a mobile version (perhaps that also includes tablets) and there are several glitches. I'm very unhappy as I really don't have the time to be clicking around when all was smooth before. Also don't like the colour or design.

Thank you, everyone! I read here from time to time. There's always something to learn from you. Over and out.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #30  

Beth, my favorite crust uses about 4 cups cauliflower rice, 4 oz. goat cheese, 1 egg, and various seasonings of taste. I bake it at 425* until it starts turning golden brown (about 30 minutes), then I take it out and put my topping on it and pop it back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so. It turns out perfect every time. You still have to eat it with a fork, though.

Pearlrose,what a mess to have to clean up in the middle of the night! I hope you can do the repair yourselves without having to call a plumber. That reminds me of several years ago, Jake heard water running in the middle of the night and got up to investigate, and found HOT WATER spewing from a hose to the clothes washer. It had split and was flooding the basement with hot water. From that moment on, I got into the habit of turning off the water valves for the washer when I'm done washing clothes.

Sophie, the developers of this site are working on a new mobile ap for 3FC, and that's probably what's happening with your tablet. They are still ironing out the bugs and hopefully it will be up and operating smoothly before too much longer.

OK, I'd better get ready. My SIL is coming with me to the matinee, and we're seeing The Second Best Marigold Hotel. I hope it's a good as the previews look!
Closed Thread