South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weathering the Weather Wednesday, SBD Chat for 3/4

Wakey, wakey! I have coffee!

We're all iced in here again, this morning, and half of our house is without power. That sounds weird, doesn't it? But the electric company was out here last night, and that's what they told us. They did a temporary splice, but there's no hot water and we can't use any big appliances (like the stove) until they come out later today to put a new box in. So at least I have hot coffee and the internet, and they're the most important things, right?

I managed to get home yesterday about an hour after the storm started, and already the roads were getting bad. Everything is on a 2-hour delay today, though, as it's supposed to warm up, but then the rain is turning to snow overnight and we're in the 4" - 10" range. So who woke up the lion?
Old 03-04-2015, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

As long as you have coffee Linda, it's all good!

SURPRISE! We have a 2 hour delay - AGAIN! and now it's supposed to snow until tomorrow but we're only getting 1-3 (3-6?)" snow. My DH just walked in and said our steps (without a railing) are pure ice and he just fell. Oops, I'll have to be careful...

That's enough excitement for me today...
Old 03-04-2015, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yikes, Tammy! We don't need you falling! I hope your DH didn't hurt himself.

Hey, Debbie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:09 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like we escaped the worst of the icing and things are moving this morning. We might even get to 40 today Same old around here. I am getting my seed starting station set-up to help us think happy spring thoughts. We also made beach reservations for late April.

A few people asked about work. This is one of those too many bosses, not enough minions situations. 2 of three bosses want to shut this down. One does not. We are working on a goal that they will all use to make future decisions. We meet again in mid-April and hopefully there will be a clearer answer at that time. WHo knows I guess I should be glad I have a job but honestly I'd be happier to get unemployment and focus on what's next. As usual, no one really asks the minions.

Today I am working with one of the new bosses. I usually work alone so it's a little weird. Better get moving. Hope it's not an Everest sized hump day.

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-04-2015 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:29 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Tammy, and everyone be careful on the ice!

Linda, boy that's really an unusual power outage. Thankfully you have coffee and Internet. Showers can wait.

Cindy, thanks for the work update. Too many bosses is always a pain, especially when there aren't enough minions. I hope your day goes well and I'm envious of your seedlings station.

I was supposed to have today off but they really needed somebody so I used a little brainpower and told them I could waitress today if they could find somebody else to host us on Saturday. That work for them and really worked for me! We were going to go to Glenwood today but the pool is closed for maintenance so I actually get that extra day of full-time with the schedule.

Thanks for the birthday wish, Linda! Yesterday was hubbies birthday and today mine, so my sister came over and cooked us a wonderful dinner and we had a fun time opening gifts. My sister got the leftovers for Glenwood so she we should have another celebration over there.

It's freezing cold here and we got a little bit of snow. I am going to go find more coffee before it's time to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning will need to catch up on yesterday. An icy mess here too with "significant" snow expected overnight through Thursday.....great!!!!

Happy Birthday Debbie !!!! Hope your day is truly special

Linda that is weird about the power. I had to remove monster cycles from my outdoor meter yesterday.

Cyndi what seeds did you plant?

Tammy stay in if you can

I was going to take my friend Rebecca for her chemo today. She insisted I stay home. So we will try for lunch next week. Wednesday next week is her last chemo treatment. I want to see if I can sneak up there during work. Her next treatment will be 16 weeks of radiation five days a week then hormone therapy for life. Poor girl has a very rare and aggressive breast cancer. She retired two years ago to be a stay at home mom. Her wife had to go back to work and she is not well enough to chase after a two year old. We raised our 15,000 to help with their expenses. Such a sweet woman too.

Had a long heart to heart with DS last night. My poor boy has gone through a lot this year. Amazing what he tells me over pizza.....more amazing I didn't chug a bottle of wine with what I learned lol.

Time to take DS to work, I don't want him walking in this. Then off to Walmart for some excitement lol Happy Hump Day
Old 03-04-2015, 08:02 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks! We got about 3 inches of snow overnight and there is an icy crust on top, but it is not precipitating right now so all the schools on are time. Currently I am waiting for the ice to melt on my car.

Tammy, I hope DH is ok and you be careful on the ice!!

Happy Birthday, Debbie!

Jennifer, sounds like you are a good friend and a good mom. As far as DS growing up has always been tough but I think it is worse right now, between the culture and the economy.

Cottage, what a strange power outage! We have been lucky not to lose ours this winter.

Cyndi, the unknowns are always tough. Good luck.

Okay, time for me to move. I feel a bit guilty cuz I am missing school today for a workshop, but hopefully I will learn something new I can actually use. Later, chicks!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up to no power, we had no power for about 5 hours so house was starting to get chilly but it came back on in time for me to get ready for work and leave. We are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of snow sometime today hopefully roads will be cleared by the time I leave work.

Cottage never heard of half a house having power

Tywnn hope your DH was not hurt

Cyndi not goo to have some many chiefs

Debbie Happy Birthday from your fb posts it does look you had a feast

Beth enjoy your workshop

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just got power back which means we have water too! That's what I hate most about outages. Yes, I do have a generator but the battery is dead - been on Paul's fix-it list for a while. Grrr! We did get a dump of snow again but no ice! Thanks for keeping it on your side of the border, Beth!

Not sure what today will bring but do know the house is too cold to start any painting. The outside temp is a balmy 31ºF so the furnace shouldn't have too much trouble warming things up by this afternoon. My lane was ploughed earlier this morning so I could go to town again - I got aqua paint and a ladder yesterday but still need walking shoes. No hurry on those since we have way too much snow for walking in shoes! You know you're in Canada when people wear snowshoes to go down for the mail!

Methinks the dogs and I may just snuggle in the back room for a while and they can help me sew the binding on a quilt. I'm still feeling chilled which is crazy because the heat is now up to 72º in here. It'll definitely be a soup lunch day.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:48 PM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Debbie just dropping in to wish you a happy birthday. May your year be less stresful than the previous one.

dr. Appointment this morning and lots on my list to do today and tomorrow.
take care
sophie
Old 03-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone. I'm new here...trying SB for the second time. I wanted to comment that I am rounding out the representation from Pennsylvania. Linda is in the east, Tammy is in the central, and I am in the west, near Pittsburgh. So we pretty much have the state covered. LOL It's in the 30's now but we are scheduled to get some of that snow overnight. Stay warm and safe, everyone.

Linda, I was born in the Philly area. We lived in Willow Grove and also Lansdowne. I don't remember Willow Grove and only remember some of Landsdowne as I was 7 when we moved to Pittsburgh. That was back in the 50s. I'm old.

SB is similar to how I have been eating lately. I just got the book again today and am ready to start reading.

Hope to talk to you all later.
Closed Thread