South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hump Day Chat on the Beach 2/25

I know they're milking it all they can, but I still love the original hump day commercial with the camel. I don't even know what insurance company it was. "MIKE!!!" tee hee hee

And hump day it is. It'll be busy for me - at work, with a meeting, then a couple errands. Tonight is leftovers, thank goodness. Like Linda said yesterday, it's good that there's nothing exciting!

First cup of coffee is ready!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:49 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I'm on the 1st cup. Thanks Tammy! I agree, nothing exciting is sometimes very good.

I made it through the work week and slept about 12 hours last night. I'm feeling regenerated. Still cold here I think we're going to spend the day at home here then go over the hill for two days. I have a caregiver massage tomorrow morning that I don't want to miss.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-25-2015, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LOL, I love that commercial, too, Tammy. It never fails to make me laugh. Don't wear yourself out today!

Tammy's post yesterday about soup made me hungry for it, and I was tempted to stop by our new soup restaurant on the way home last night to pick up some Butternut Squash & Apple Soup for my supper, but realized I already had all the makings for it at home, and it turned out really good. This is the first time I've made it with apples, and I really like it. I'm taking a container of it with me today for a yummy lunch.

The sun is shining brightly already this morning and it's supposed to stay with us all day.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie! Enjoy your massage!
Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning routine and mundane suits me just fine. Some people I know thrive on drama, not me. Tammy I still like the commercial too.

Debbie so glad you are getting a little TLC

I'm off today. Taking DS to work then grocery shopping. I'm making the Rosemary and lemon chicken against the asparagus. Joe is coming for dinner, but I want to get the house in order today. Tomorrow I bring the car in for an oil change. Then the remainder of the day I will be home prepping for my colonoscopy. Does anyone have any clear liquid ideas? I despise jello. I figured Italian ices or ice pops, tea, water, chicken broth, but what might actually make me feel full????

Happy Hump Day!
Old 02-25-2015, 07:45 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hla, Camel Lovers. I was going to say humpers but thought better of it.

I seem to finally have overcome the early morning awakenings. Even the dogs are still asleep when I come downstairs. I think Cuba reset my internal clock.

We have a snowstorm happening but I don't need to go out until pet therapy at noon. After that Jazz and I will do a home visit for a dear old lady who broke her hip. I'll take along dried liver so she can treat Jazz. He always refuses offers of cookies from "strangers" which usually hurts their feelings. Mrs Monaghan is in her nineties and just loves dogs.

It'll be a soup day here today too. I'm making clam chowder using zucchini cubes instead of potatoes. I'll garnish with parsley and crispy turkey bacon, not the traditional Newfoundland "scrunchions" which are pieces of deep-fried salt pork.

Time to get myself in gear and tackle the day. Make it count.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - Wish I had ideas for you. Prep day is never fun

Everyone's soups sound so yummy! I'll have to find one to make today, which will also require a trip to get groceries. I have my teeth cleaning today; 6 months ago my hygienist told me she'd be moving this spring so this is my last with her. Tonight my mom and I are seeing Book of Mormon which we've been looking forward to for along time. Expecting a wintry mix so fingers crossed the roads aren't bad.

Have a great day. Keep warm!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:41 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I found a few videos with chair aerobics on youtube so I did one today will try out different ones to see if there are any that can raise my heartbeat

Today DD2 as another volleyball game and then we are expecting snow overnight.

Tywnn camels are everywhere now on commercials lol

Debbie I would head over the hill for a massage as well

Cottage glad your soup came out well

Jekel if you find something let me know as I will be doing one in a few months as well

Ruth glad that your internal clock has been reset

Karen enjoy your show

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Tammy that soup place got everyone into soup craze. Hope your da5 goes well. I dont think we get that commercial here in Canada.

Debbie glad you got some rest. Enjoy your days off.

Linda. Enjoy your soup. Homemade is best

Jennifer. The only hint I can give you is I was told you can drink that nasty stuff with a clear soda like 7up. It made it easier.

karen do let us inow your opinion on book of Mormon. I have heard a few

yesterday I made pumpkin black bean soup but added a few extras, like a cubed sweet potato and potted barley and a 1/4 marsala at the end. Made enough to last quite a few days. We have soup for lunch ever single day. Today I have a whole day to myself. Will spend the day finishing off a chenille shawl on my loom.
tak3 care
Sophie
Old 02-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Mmmmm....soup is always welcome on a cold night. I'll have to make some this weekend; tonight is leftover meatball casserole with shirataki noodles.

Sounds like everyone had a good camel day planned; my day was the right amount of busy with no drama. That's my kind of day at work.

Have a good evening, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 02-25-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:32 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

just under the wire from Burlington. I love being dragged up for two days of meetings.

Better get to bed. I never sleep well away from home but maybe this will be the night.
Closed Thread