South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Chattering, SBD 2/20

It's a mite chilly here at 0* this morning. Hot coffee is on tap and a nice cozy quilt to curl up with. Even the schools have decided it's too cold to be waiting for the buses and have a 2-hour delay. I'm going to stay home and get the laundry done and do some house-cleaning before going over to Dad's later on.

Today's a good day for a big pot of warming soup, and vegetarian chili is sounding good.

Bundle up, and have a great day!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, you made me look at the temp Linda, it's -7. They actually called the 2 hour school delay last night, which made it easier - DH will stay home to get the kids on the bus so I can get to work on time. (He's really upset to still be in the warm comfy bed, I can tell....)

Yay! It's Friday! Just my half day of work which looks packed, and then rest for the weekend for next week. I have to admit that 12 hrs/wk is all I can handle still (um, actually it's too much...), so I'm not picking up the fourth day yet. I think I have a little issue from my cord being compressed that makes me more fatigued, my new doc is going to start working it up next week.

I'll have my friend's mock soup for lunch, then something simple for dinner. Hmmmm....
Old 02-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

More than a "mite" chilly here at -12ºF but it's been a lot worse. My poor dogs were complaining this morning since I forgot to turn the stove in the back room down instead of off and it was only 39º out there. I bet they snuggled together in Jazz's bed most of the night. This is now officially the coldest February on record!

My Net connection is still a bit unstable but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays up. We forget how much we rely on it. I was able to get in long enough to print some forms that I will fill out for end of year stuff. I usually do all that online but just know the darn Net will crash when I attempt to e-file. (The forms are record of earnings for my employees and they must have them before March 1!)

My poor friend Karen has had her electricity cut off! Can you imagine that in this cold? She has been running behind on her bills and was too proud to ask for help. Silly girl! She's been using her wood stove for heat and cooking outside on the BBQ! No water either as we all run on wells here in the boonies. We, the family dinner group, have cleared her bill but the power won't be reconnected until Tuesday at the latest. She came over here last night to do laundry and cook a frozen lasagna for dinner. When this crisis is over, I will have a motherly talk with her re budgeting.

Slowly settling my house back into order but there's still lots to do. Darling Michelle has had a schedule change and will be coming to clean every two weeks now! I have more than 20 boxes of books to donate to the April sale and am hoping they will be outta here before next Thursday. I am looking forward to having my sewing table set up again.

Time to crank p the day but another coffee first. TGIF!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Brrrrrr my house it a very comfortable 58! Boy do I waste oil. Old home, poorly insulated. At least upstairs gets toasty. Ruth I feel for Karen. Shame on the electric company for cutting her off when it is so cold. Hopefully she will get back on her feet soon. Very generous of you and your dinner friends to take care of it for her. She is lucky to have you in her life.

Tammy and Linda no delays here. Linda a quilt sounds perfect or maybe Tammy's heated blankie.

So proud of myself. Four days of P1 in the books. We went to the movies last night. I snacked on raw veggies I smuggled in. We were going out to dinner, but I surprised Joe with Mexican stuffed peppers. I haven't been able to stay at or under goal in months. So I had a heart to heart with myself and admit I was making poor choices and falling back on bad habits. With May around the corner I needed to get serious. I am a much stronger cyclist when I weigh less.

I am going to check out Kayln's meatless Monday recipe section to help with ideas for Fridays during lent. Tonight though will be eggplant Parm with spaghetti squash. The crockpot will be fired up for a huge batch of vegetable soup.

Time for another cup before taking DS to work. Stay warm chickies
Old 02-20-2015, 07:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chilly chicks! We have snow, wind and -7* as well this morning. Yesterday I did some shoveling; at least when it is this cold the snow is light and fluffy. The weekend looks to be a bit warmer.

I cleared out quite a bit of paperwork yesterday which felt good but found out I had failed to mail the renewal for the car registration. So first thing after breakfast I will head to the DMV since it expires on Tuesday.

Ruth, I cannot imagine not having electricity this week, or any time between November and March! It's great that your group came through to help.

Cottage, chili sounds good today. Enjoy your day off.

Tammy, I love it when the announce the night before there is a school delay. It makes the morning much easier.

Ok, I need to throw off the blanket, refill my coffee and get a move on. Have a great day,all!

Last edited by Beth19; 02-20-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Jennifer! I need to have the same talk with myself about my eating habits. I think the cold weather encourages hibernation and layering on the fat!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:10 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning chicks!

It's a balmy 28° here. I know we're going to pay at some point. Sorry to hear of all the miserable cold you East coast chicks have been enduring! I am beginning to believe, however, that spring is right around the corner.

I am enjoying some quiet time with coffee this morning. Pool is on the agenda and I need to travel back over later today. Other than that, not much exciting.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We went up to 12 degrees this morning so it feels much warmer than yesterday Today is my 2 week checkup for my ankle it is feeling better my back not so much I think having one leg propped up so much is kinking my lower back, either that or my back doesn't like the new mattress we got.

Cottage stay warm today

Tywnn did you meet with the new gp yesterday?

Ruth I cannot imagine getting your heat turned off in winter, that was very nice of you and the dinner ladies to help out

Jekel I have been op as well since Wednesday, I had made leftovers so I could have for lunch today but found out DS eat last night when I came down darn it.

Beth I hope you are enjoying your week off

Debbie I hope you have a peaceful day today and enjoy the pool

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:18 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

It's freezing here too - they say it's -15 "real feel" (oh how I hate those words!). We all have the day off so will be going to CT to visit the in-laws. Hope there's not too much traffic...stay warm everyone!
Closed Thread