South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Chat Already? February 18

Good morning. Sorry to have been MIA lately but my PC kept falling off the Net! Yesterday afternoon, Moel, aka Mr Wonderful Neighbour, moved it all back downstairs, set it up again and I'm back online. Whew!

It's been quite chaotic around here but my floors are now wonderful, furniture is back in place as is the china and crystal after Joanne and Lisa came for a coffee morning and announced they were my slaves! I just made decisions and they put stuff where I told them. Joanne is an artist and sure knows how to arrange furniture! It feels great to have things back in order. Next will be painting - once I get February over with!

We've had a bit of a break from the snow but it's coming back again today and tomorrow. Good thing it's light and easy for me to shovel. I've kept the deck and steps down to the yard shoveled and Joey The Aussie Shepherd has been over for playdates and has looked after the potty paths for my wee dogs by ploughing through the drifts. Millie disappears when she goes out but I can see Jazz's tail. It has been a record breaking winter for cold and maybe for snow. I can imagine the flooding in the yard when it melts!

Not sure what the day will bring but sure have lots to do. This time last week I was getting ready to go on a tour of Old Havana! Today's tour will be to the bank in the next village! ** Sigh **
Old 02-18-2015, 06:25 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I sure missed you while you were gone! Glad you got home to beautiful floors and that your computer has been put back together.

I got home from work yesterday and went right to bed. Slept until Kirk woke me up to ask me if I'd set the alarm. He's flying to San Francisco this morning to visit his other daughter. The drive down is a little complicated this morning because my mom has an eye appointment several hours after. Since it's a 60 mile drive each direction she's going to go with us to the airport and then we are going to go to her appointment and just sit and see if they will take her earlier. My sis has medical appointments today over in Glenwood so I don't know if we are going to go over there later today or early tomorrow or that maybe I might just decide to stay home. We shall see. I know my mom wants to go over so that will be a factor in at all.

So for now, I think I'll just enjoy more coffee.

Happy hump day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-18-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning! Heading north for an all day conference + meeting. No time to chat this morning. Happy hump day!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and it's good to see you back this morning, Ruthie. If I didn't see you in here today, I was going to call you to check that all was well!

It's back to work today after enjoying a lazy snow day yesterday. I could have gone in by noon, but Cindy called and told me to take the whole day off. I did get the laundry done, vacuumed, and cleaned the oven, but the best part of the day was when Jake and I took a nice walk through the snow to enjoy the wintery wonderland.

Have a great Hump Day and be safe!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got some more snow overnight and it is cold today -9 for the low brrrr! School is back on and DD2 has a volleyball game so we will venture out for that.
Decided I could do my weights and sculpting today since I can avoid using my ankle for that, felt so good to do.

Ruth glad you are enjoying your new floors and you got your computer set back up

Debbie sounds like you have a busy day today hope the scheduling all works out for you

Cyndi drive carefully to your conference

Cottage that is nice that you got to enjoy a nice walk with DH.

WFH day for me again so enjoying doing. I get so much more done than at the office.

Have a warm and safe day everyone!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, all! Didn't make it here yesterday until late and then I just caught up on the news. DH and I went Monday night for a quick visit to see my parents. I know I am lucky to still have both of them and try to appreciate every visit.

Now that my vacation week is half over I must stop goofing off and do a few chores, although reading and visiting is what vacations are for! I will generate my to do list; I think the first order of business is a trip to the grocery store this morning. I am going to use Lent as an excuse to get my eating back on plan after the last few days: I had at least 2 Fat Tuesdays!

Ruth, glad you are enjoying your floors and that you had so much help getting things back in order. I see we set a record low here yesterday.

Cyndi, drive safely; hope you can enjoy the scenery a bit.

Cottage, do schools around your area plan for weather days or do the kids have to make up the time? Our calendar always includes at least 5 extra days.

Debbie, hope your travels work out and your mom can sneak in early for her appointment.

Pearlrose, isn't it amazing you can get more done at home than at your job?!?

Have a great day everyone. I'm off to get more coffee.
Closed Thread