South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday on The Beach Chat, 2/17

Good morning! It's a winter wonderland on my beach this morning and we'll all be staying home because it's a SNOW DAY! The grandkids are ecstatic, even with the prospect of an extra day of school in June.

I'm back in my own home after spending the weekend at the farm, and although it's my 2nd home, there's nothing like Home Sweet Home. I promised everyone I'd make cinnamon rolls this morning since every place I searched yesterday, they were already sold out of Faschnots, and it IS Fat Tuesday, so I will indulge in one before knuckling down for 6 weeks of Lent.

First, I'm going to savor another cup of coffee while the kids are sleeping in!
Old 02-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Linda, thanks for getting us started this morning! Enjoy your time at home with the kiddies and have fun making cinnamon rolls.

It's my early day at work and I'm getting close to heading out the door. Just going to have one more cup of coffee and get my smoothie made. Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. I woke up late and got to work late. I was up half the night with the kids in their latest issue.oh well. I apologize to the boss and he just laughed. Said 15 minutes was nothing the other two girls were always half an hour late so I slid on that one. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

A snow day?! I didn't pay any attention to the weather (my weatherman is back - that'd be DH - and he didn't tell me!! ) and woke up to find an alert my kids have a 2 hour delay (again). Problem is I have a 9:15 doc appt, so the hubbie said he'd come home to get them on the bus, so I don't have to bring them in the doc office and subject them to nasty germs.

So I have a doc appointment and nothing else today. Just recuperate so I can go back to work tomorrow! I've been going to the therapy pool at the Y, my body seems to do best with that.

I keep wanting to make a batch of Moroccan tagine - if my arms do okay today, that might be on the schedule too! Mmmmmmm....

Enjoy your snow day, Linda! I wish I could have a cinnamon roll, do you make them from scratch?

Good morning Debbie! You sound like an outstanding employee, I'm sure he's ok to overlook a mistake once in a while for you!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-17-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage it is a snow day here as well, DD2 was excited. I was going to go in to work but my boss said we could do 1:1 on phone and the rest of my meetings I can conference into so home it is.

Debbie glad that your boss laughed it off, tardies happen it's life but I know if you like me it bugs me if I am more so than it does to boss.

Tywnn that therapy pool at the y sounds good. What is Moroccan tagine sounds interesting?

For me, my ankle it is getting better as long as I don't walk on it too much and keep it propped up. I think it is 80% better now hoping for 95% by Friday's 2 week check up.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Linda. Home sweet home for sure. What a temptation , cinnamon buns. I feel like I had my feast yesterday. So lent sacrifices start today.

Debbie. You are so energetic. Congratulations for not drowning when everyone else depends on you.

Pearlrose and Tammy. Rest is good.

Can't decide if I should go for a walk (in the mall) or make soup. Its still cold but not as days before. We have a huge Chinese population and there are so many celebrations around. Might go see the dragon dance at a Chinese mall this afternoon.
everone else to follow, have a nice day.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread