South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:57 PM   #1  

Question South Beach Diet On-Line

Has anyone subscribed to the South Beach Diet on Line Website? Its $29.95 for 6 weeks, then $6.95 per month. I'd like to know if it's worth it. I'd be happy to pay to have my meals planned for me if they aren't weird stuff I can't find in my grocery store and don't require a lot of cooking.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Noranoranora subscribed and told me it wasn't really worth it. i went in and took a look (on her ID) and am inclined to agree with her. I have the book and all the support and ideas here so I decided not to take the plunge.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:06 PM   #3  

We too just bought the book and then I found this site today! So nice to know so many people are doing this and losing the weight. Hubby and I started this on 7/28 and have lost 4 lbs so far.

7/28: 138 lbs
8/4: 136
8/7: 134.5
Old 08-07-2003, 03:16 PM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

I subscribed to the site for the first 6 weeks of doing SBD. I didn't have the book at the time, so it did help me to get started. BUT their claim that you can personalize the plan did not ring true. All the choices you could pick from are what is already in the book. Well, I already know how to mix and match my meals for the day, so this didn't really help. They did add a few new recipies but it is basically everything that is already in the book.

Dr. A nor the Nutritionist were there on a routine basis.

You could print out the menu plans from the book on a daily basis and also shopping lists for the meals that you choose.

Between 3FC and Fitday, I find that I can log and keep track of everything that I need to know and also get wonderful support FOR FREE. I would say, at this time, save your money. Maybe in the future, SB site will upgrade and then it will be worth it.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:26 PM   #5  

Thanks for your replies. I won't waste the money. I thought they said personalized menus so I'd be getting more than was in the book.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:40 PM   #6  
The Walking Lady

*waving at Quiltlady* Helloooooo & Welcome. Come on in. The water's fine!
Closed Thread