South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Groundhog Day - February 2

We have snow and below zero temps so the wee furry rodent will not see his shadow and that's a good thing. We're supposed to get spring in six weeks but he's been wrong before. I think we got Spring in mid-March ONCE way back in the last century!

Another early wake-up but I'm going to roll with it. There's no lack of things to do around here and today is quilting biddies day. I plan to give my financial report, write some cheques and get out of there without bringing home a couple of quilts to bind!

Dug out my summer stuff yesterday and am pretty much decided on what to take to Cuba. Today's getting ready task will be to load my e-reader. I can think of nothing worse than running out reading when on holiday!

So today begins. I need to plan the week's menus and shop sparingly - only four suppers and four more sleeps.

Hope you are still zzzing and have a great Monday.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We have snow and a slushy mess, turning to rain for this Groundhog Day so old Phil isn't going to see his shadow here, either. Most schools are running on time, so the roads must be ok.

Ah, Ruth, you picked a lovely time to get away to the tropics! The thought of basking in the warm sun right now sounds heavenly! I hope you have a lovely trip, and when you get back, winter will be winding down, hopefully, and you'll have lovely new floors to admire.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, I am so excited for you to go on your trip! It's coming very soon! Have a good day getting all your stuff done

Linda, that's flush does not sound any fun at all. We can form the roads today.

I was tired by the time I got home last night. I've had a couple of good phase 1 days so I took my portion of lamb upstairs and enjoyed a little reading time. Since it's my early day at work, I turned out the lights at nine, and I am feeling alright this morning. I am acknowledging, however, some mild depression about this whole situation.

The tenant wasn't ready for his check out yesterday so I need to do that after work. I do believe that mother has some paperwork that needs to be filed in Denver, as well. Might as well get it done and check it off the list.

It's pretty windy here, but otherwise clear.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:08 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

SNOW DAY! (You see, teachers appreciate them as much as the kids...)

Anyway, good morning everyone. I've got a quilt and my coffee to sip while I check the news station updates to see if DH gets to stay home as well. Looks like my groundhog day exercise may be shoveling. I also have to do some computer time since grades are to be submitted today.

Debbie, you have been a rock; hopefully things will settle down soon.

Ruth, I always seem to have a glut of books loaded and waiting to be read. Maybe over our winter break I will read a few.

Cottage,
that heavy wet slush can be a bear to drive in. Have a good day.

Anyone need some coffee? I actually have the time to enjoy it today.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Yup, snow and bitter cold here too. I wouldn't mind the snow as much without the cold but no one ever asks I will work from home some and paint some of the day. We started the last unpainted room in the house. It was supposed to be a winter project because it's the kitchen and my office all rolled into one, so a very big job to clear. Once we started we couldn't stop because it just looks so much brighter. We will finish the office area today.

Ruth - I am so excited for you I hope you will share pictures with us.

Cottage - Wow, it's that warm there? It's about 1 here, no rain for us.

Debbie - glad you had a little time for you. I like lamb but don't really know what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Beth - I miss real snow days. Mine are work from home days, still better than driving but not as good as the real thing. A friend works for the local school district and office staff are supposed to go to work on snow days. That stinks! Enjoy your found day.

Time to get some work done so I can paint this afternoon

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-02-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:27 AM   #6  

Enjoy your Snow Day, Beth, and pace yourself as you shovel out.

Cyndi, it's good you can work from home on days like this! Your kitchen is looking great so far, from what I've seen on FB. The temp here is 34* right now and supposed to climb up to 38* before falling into the teens tonight.

Debbie, you have been a pillar of strength throughout your recent events, and it sounds like your body is telling you it's time to rest. Be gentle on yourself and I hope you don't have a hard day at work.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm baaaacckk!

Hi, everyone.

Had a wonderful trip which now seems almost a dream. Got in yesterday after more then 24 hours of travel so still recovering and catching up. Off to the gym this morning then niggles.

Be back later...
Old 02-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

back Karen! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

Stay warm today chicks. It'll be 50 here today - so weird. I'd rather have the snow!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Karen!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #10  

Welcome back, Karen, and I'm eager to hear all about your trip!
Closed Thread