South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default WTF Wednesday January 28

How did that happen? Seems to me yesterday was Monday. Must be a sign of age when the days go too quickly.

Am still waking way too early. 4 a.m. is unreasonable for a retired person! I need to do something more active in the evenings to keep me from hitting the sheets before ten. Somehow I think I need more than six hours of zzzzz.

Yesterday was limited success. I got a bit more done on the dratted rabbit and hope today sees then end of him. (He has no tail by the way!) Joanne is going to do the stuffing but I may end up stitching him up. (She is a talented artist and writer who has absolutely no sewing skills except putting on buttons.)

I did finally go to get my wine and took along my pal Barb who was going house crazy. We went out for lunch at a delightful new restaurant in Smiths Fall and had our usual silly lady time. I always feel relaxed after time with her.

Not sure what today will bring except for Pet Therapy this afternoon. I had considered taking Angus for a little excitement with the clients but am feeling a tad "delicate" so won't subject myself to that. Aside from pestering Millie all the time, he is behaving very well for a twelve week old puppy.

Happy Hump Day and I hope today's hump is not made of snow!
Old 01-28-2015, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wintery Windy Wednesday SBD Chat, 1/28

Brrrrrrrrr! I could hear the wind whipping outside my bedroom windows all night! But it's supposed to be a clear, sunny, day, so I can be thankful for that.

I'm back home after the storm that didn't show, and enjoying a GOOD cup of coffee. They have an expresso maker at the farm, but I really do prefer my Keurig. It will be a rather normal day, except I have to take Maggie to the dentist after school to have 2 teeth pulled, and she is a bit nervous about it. I'm sure she'll do fine and I did promise her a milkshake afterwards, although personally I don't think she'll even feel like one.

So it should be an easy ease over the Hump for me. How is your day shaping up?
Old 01-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You beat me by a full minute, Ruth! Did you and Barb go to her favorite Indian restaurant in Smith Falls? I know you'll be glad to finally be done with that annoying rabbit job!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:01 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Linda, we went to a really great new spot. (That "Indian" restaurant is OK,by the way, if you don't order Indian.) The new spot is very simple and bright with delicious wraps and soups - similar to The Yellow Canoe in Merrickville but more spacious. They also do wonderful baking but I avoided that. I even brought home half the wrap and enjoyed it for dinner.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:14 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Enjoying my coffee. Still very difficult times for the family. Today I switchgears as my sister flies in to Denver at noon. Think I will stay on this side tonight and travel early tomorrow morning. Giving myself permission for that plan to change depending on how I feel.

Time to go inside and see who else is waiting up to hear. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Debbie, I am sure you are an island of calm in the sea of chaos. Hang in there and mother yourself a bit too.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Looks like Ruth and Linda are enjoying their coffee and conversation this morning.

Ruth - You DO need more than 6 hours sleep! I use it as an excuse to nap the next day.

Linda - I can't believe we got more snow than you did! Hope Maggie does well today.

Debbie - Peace and prayers for you and your family.

Well, I'm supposed to pick up my doctor's note to return to work. I'm a bit nervous they said what it needs to - they asked me three times the details. I'm kinda afraid they forgot to list restrictions (lifting, etc), which my boss definitely wants.

If the letter says what it should, I'll attend the staff meeting today at the clinic I'm supposed to start managing. Between this and a couple of errands, I should be ready for a nap this afternoon!

I need to get hoppin john in the crock pot first....
Old 01-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another day, a little more desk work. Boring! I do have reading to do and I have the audio book so I can do that on the treadmill. Heading there as soon as the temp goes up a little.

Good luck Tammy

Thinking of you Debbie
Old 01-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Busy day at work they tried to put an interview on my calender for Friday which is supposed to be a wfh day for me. Luckily we called and the candidate can come in this afternoon and DD2 volleyball game was cancelled so I can fit everything in.

Sorry no time for personals today but thinking of everyone
Old 01-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Sorry for the absence. I've been so busy the last few days trying to get things taken care of before we leave on vacation. Still a little bit more but I'm finally done with day job work and can now focus on house stuff.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have some breathing time and can come back and check in on everyone.

Hugs all around!!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Lots of busy chicks today! After work I did my walk (if you hit both wings of our building it is exactly 1/2 mile; it makes a figure 8 pattern and I try to take the stairs quickly), then ran a few errands. I feel like I accomplished quite a bit.

Debbie, sending you good thoughts.
Tammy, glad you are feeling better but I hope you ease back into things.
Cottage, good coffee is a must.
Cyndi, some days I feel like my job has way too much paperwork.

Ok ladies, I'm going to put my feet up and relax before bed.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #12  

love this thread! Seems like everyone here is so nice and busy! I am new here but I can't wait to tag in. I have a busy day of work and now as the day is going on I am dreading going to the gym and thinking about heading straight home instead....ahhhh sometimes I am so motivated and others I just want to hide!
Closed Thread