South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Maybe Marvellous Monday - January 19

Good morning and welcome to a new week. We're above freezing right now but then winter returns. Yesterday's taste of spring did melt some of the snow and there's a start of the spring flood in the back corner of the garden.

Lots of company yesterday, both human and dog so my two were wiped out by 6 PM. At one point there were five dogs running around the yard, my two, Lisa's pup Angus, and my neighbour's Milo who doesn't like to miss a party. Lisa's two kids shovelled all the snow off the deck and steps while they were here which should make things better. (Angus comes to stay for a while on Thursday this week which should be interesting - Jazz is very mellow with him but Millie will not put up with any nonsense and lets him know it.)

Dann (his real name!) comes at nine this morning to use my computer. He needs my accounting software to do some number crunching for the 2015 budget. I am hoping he can do it without my help since I really want to finish that darned Usa Chan rabbit and get it out of my sewingroom. I am starting to clear things out of the living and dining rooms to slowly get ready for the floor replacement. Unfortunately I need to purge stuff at the same time. I have 120+ CDs to give away and have not even started on the cassettes. Does anyone use tapes anymore?

So... time to crank up the day and get something started for dinner before the day gets away from me.

How does your Monday look? Moanday? Marvyday? Maybeday?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:29 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! I was going to get us started but you beat me to it! Thanks! So it sounds like the rabbit is progressing. I'll be excited to see it! My hubby collects music so we have a player that does CDs, cassette tapes and vinyl albums. We can also transfer from vinyl/tape to CD. It's been very handy!

I have an hour before work and since this is the day I'm always short on time I decided to work backwards. Cat box clean, smoothie made, dressed and ready to go. I've finished one bit of paperwork and will see if I can fit in one more (plus coffee).

I didn't get home until after 8 last night....a very long day. I will see what transpires, but may not go down tonight. Babies are fine and other grandma will have dad with her tonight.

OK, better get going!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

I hope you can get that rabbit finished today, Ruth, and I sure hope Joanne appreciates it after all the stress it's caused.

Debbie, I hope you have a better day today, and that things are starting to calm down.

Lots of black ice around this morning, and I have to get over to the farm to feed the dogs and let them out. But they're just going to have to cross their legs until I get there. I probably should have just stayed at the farm over the weekend.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:19 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Linda! Be careful driving.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Debbie. I'm going to wait another hour or so before I head out to give the roads time to thaw.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:32 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am already running late today. It took Tim an extra half hour to get out of here this morning because our driveway is sheer ice (and uphill). Hopefully I'll be able to get out late to get some salt. I woke up at 4:30 because the river was loud. The ice must have let go around then, it's always very loud when that happens. Today I'm off and have, as usual, a very long list Cricket pulled a muscle yesterday so part of the day will be going outside with her. The ice is extra challenging for he little legs.

Ruth - Can't wait to see the rabbit.

Debbie - I was amazed to see my SIL's new album collection. Apparently vinyl is hip again!

Cottage - safe travels this morning. We never did get the warm temps yesterday.

I have a little work to do, left from last week's computer meltdown. Better get to it so I can get to my chore list.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to get up to the 50's again here but alas I will be at work and will not get to enjoy. My fam will though

Ruth, I have a ton of cassettes and was thinking I probably need to get rid of them as well. I have heard that vinyl is coming back, I have a collection of 45's but I have a record player so I can listen to them. (not that I have in years)

Debbie, I hope things are able to settle into more of a routine for you

Cottage drive safe out there

Cydni hope your computer is up and running good for you.

Nothing on my agenda today other than work so better get to it

Have a wonderful Monday!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Ruth - good luck with all your to-do’s today! We’d like to get new flooring in our house but I’m not looking forward to the cleaning prior to that. Sounds like you’ll have experience - wanna do it for me?

Debbie - I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday but did read what you wrote. I’m so sorry this is happening to your family - praying for everyone to make the right decisions and that things will be as seamless for the kids as possible.

Linda - Be careful on the roads!!

Cyndi - Stay safe on your roads too! Isn’t it amazing how much we rely on these boxes on our desk?!? I’d be lost if my computer crashed!!

Pearlrose - Have a good day at work today - maybe you can sneak out to enjoy the sun!

I’m off work today but we have a doctor’s appt so I need to go hop in the shower and actually get dressed - ugh! I love it so much when I can stay in my comfy clothes and putter around the house. Oh, well, maybe I can talk the DH into lunch out. Since we started on P1 at the beginning of the year I have cooked every meal we have eaten. I’m worn out!!

Everyone have a wonderful day and just remember…Spring is coming!!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Late check in today; we have the day off but DH had an appointment for his truck to get serviced first thing this morning. I barely had time to get my coffee before we had to go drop it off!

Since coming home I have been a whirlwind doing the cleaning I ignored all weekend. Luckily, our house is small enough that a couple of focused hours makes a huge difference. I am particularly excited about the new fleece sheets I just purchased. We will be sub-zero again this week and I'm thinking they will be just the ticket.

Hope everyone's Monday is safe and the right amount of productive or relaxing. Have a great day,all!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-19-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 318/301/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! I'm working from home today in light of the holiday. It's been a rough 24 hours here. My cat of 15 years is sick and I don't know what's going on. We are going into the vet at 2:40 today and I'm trying to be optimistic. I haven't going shopping or done any meal prep for the week yet. We've had a stomach bug in our house going around as well.

At least it's a short work week!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:29 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hope all stayed safe today. We went to see Into the Woods - my first outing in a few days.

See you tomorrow!
Closed Thread