South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 05:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day - aka Wednesday, January 7

Early and cold good morning from Delta. I woke at 3 and could not get back to sleep. Darned brain just won't stop!

Joanne came over yesterday morning with some anti-histamines. I took one and the earaches were gone by noon! I didn't venture outside all day and just took it easy except for de-decorating. All seems well today - good thing because I sure have lots to do!

This morning i definitely must get Mill banking done and maybe resolve the problem with my accounting programme. I'm off to town this afternoon to see the Chiropodist for an initial assessment. I'm hoping she can do orthotics to help with my toe problems. It sure sucks to get old!

Time for a Western omelet for breakfast - been thinking about that since New Years. Care to join me?
Old 01-07-2015, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ruth! I'm sitting here sipping my coffee on this frigid morning, all snug and cozy. I'm sure glad your earache is gone and hope it stays away!

I enjoyed an unexpected Snow Day yesterday, since the snow kept falling all day and the roads were treacherous. I think the schools regretted they didn't call off, although by the end of the day the conditions improved. I'll be going in today, though.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

After a wonderfully warm yesterday we are back to icy cold this morning. I'm glad I enjoyed it while it lasted.

When I woke up at 5:15 this morning we didn't have any power. Thankfully, I am organized enough these days to find my headlamp some preground coffee a scoop and the lighter for my gas stove. So my coffee was ready and I was heading out the door with the pup when the power came back on. I love when I'm prepared for the worst. I was definitely already coming up with a backup plan for coffee, even if it meant going out somewhere.

I really got on an office paper organizing Jag yesterday. I made a lot of progress before I had to head down to Denver. Kirks DD is having some really major problems right now. I go back down this morning for an oil change for the new car. Then I'll go back over to her house for a little while and check on things. Then back up the hill for a while before I go pick up my sister at the airport at 7 PM.

Originally, mom and sis were going to go over the hill for her medical appointments tomorrow then come right back. I was going to stay here. Now they've decided to spend the night and I was going to go over but I'd already scheduled an appointment to get my new boiler inspected. I'm running out of time on the six-month window. The inspector schedule just doesn't jive with mine but I don't want to have to pay another $250. Aargh.

Linda, i'm glad you didn't have to go in yesterday and I hope that the roads are better for you today. Be safe.

Ruth, I hope your appointments all go smoothly but that you do get to enjoy that western omelette before you go.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-07-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Brrrr good morning,

It is going to be a cold day here. Can't wait til I can do wfh tomorrow and Friday. I ended up going to bed at 7 p.m. last night and that seems to have helped a bit. DD2 made the volleyball team she was so happy.

Ruth glad that your earache is gone and I hope the Chiropist can help with toe issues

Cottage glad that you were able to stay home yesterday, stay safe.

Debbie that was a lot of running around you did. I hope you can fit in the appointment before the 6 month window is up.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Bitterly cold here too. Lots of schools are closed. I'm working today and don't expect many customers. Am also going to run an errand after while I'm out, still picking up things for our trip.

DS (and his dog) are leaving today for the long drive back to LA. Will be taking the northern route through CO and UT and, fortunately, weather looks okay for a change.

So later today I'll be cleaning up after them!

Keep warm. Enjoy your day.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Freezing here too! Tonight is supposed to be the worst. Then it will slowly warm up (relatively) toward the end of the week. Stay warm! Hopefully we're burning extra calories by trying to do so...
Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!! It is snowy and cold here again today but luckily I am working from home and didn’t have to get out in it this morning. I do, however, have dance rehearsal tonight and a meeting directly after. I’ll need to leave here around 6:45 and probably won’t be home until 9:30ish. Ugh! I love my dance group though so it’s for a good reason.

Ruth - I’m glad your earache is gone! That is the worst kind of pain!!
Linda - Be safe on those roads!
Debbie - We have had more power outages in the last few months than in the whole 13 years I’ve lived in this house. We have quickly uncovered where are preparedness gaps are! Coffee would be a huge problem since we use a Keurig so we picked up a french press and some ground coffee to keep on hand just in case. We have a gas stove as well so heating up some water is the easy part.
Pearlrose - Congrats to your daughter!!
Karen - Stay warm today!!
Matilda - I like the idea of extra calories being burned trying to stay warm!!

I have some chili in the crockpot so dinner is pretty much taken care of which is awesome. I told my DH that I feel like all I do is either shop for food, prepare food, eat food, or clean up after food!! Anyone else ever feel that way? We are having some good success on phase 1 though. Today is day 7 and I’ll do my official weigh-in tomorrow but I've done a couple sneak peeks this week and it looks promising. DH wants to wait until Monday to do his weigh-in. He doesn’t want to do another week of phase 1 either so I’ll probably start adding in some phase 2 items to his meals but I’m going to stay with phase 1 for probably another week. I really want to hit that 10# goal!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Gabby
Old 01-07-2015, 12:35 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsgabby View Post
Good morning all!! It is snowy and cold here again today but luckily I am working from home and didn’t have to get out in it this morning. I do, however, have dance rehearsal tonight and a meeting directly after. I’ll need to leave here around 6:45 and probably won’t be home until 9:30ish. Ugh! I love my dance group though so it’s for a good reason.

Ruth - I’m glad your earache is gone! That is the worst kind of pain!!
Linda - Be safe on those roads!
Debbie - We have had more power outages in the last few months than in the whole 13 years I’ve lived in this house. We have quickly uncovered where are preparedness gaps are! Coffee would be a huge problem since we use a Keurig so we picked up a french press and some ground coffee to keep on hand just in case. We have a gas stove as well so heating up some water is the easy part.

Gabby
Gabby, I used to own a kitchenware/gourmet store, so I have numerous alternative coffee making units. But without ground coffee, I'd be out of luck. So I always have a little bag on hand. Lol

Pearlrose, congrats to DD on making the volleyball team!

I am sitting at the dealership waiting for my car and it's some pretty crummy weather outside. 13° down in Denver. Oh well, I'm still thinking and dreaming of spring
Old 01-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Quick sneak in from work. Today is my last work day until Sunday. Like you Gabby I'll be buying, prepping, eating and cleaning up food. My freezer is just about empty. The crock pots will be getting a work out. Maybe I will too

Ruth glad you are feeling better

Debbie hope everything works out for Kirk's DD.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Ruth. Hope you find a solution to your toe problems. I had to change chirpodist 3 times before I found one that helped me.

Linda glad you had a day off. Hope today goes quickly

Debbie what a whirlwind you are. You needed coffee.

Pearlrose tomorrow is almost here.

Karen. It will be quiet now. Your trip sounds exciting.

Matilda. Have a nice day.

Gabby. I too have chilli in the crockpot but I baked corn muffins for dh. Will resist them.

Jen. Tomorrow can't come fast for you. Yep, it prep, eat and clean but what is the alternative.

went grocery shopping and made chilli for supper and by the looks of it for an army. I'll freeze some and give it to ds2 who loves chilli. Off to read.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!

We had snow here and for 4 inches, everything slows since we have no infrastructure! So I didn't get on yesterday.

Regretting not having a scale now that I am 5 days in and hoping for a nice drop. Gotta wait until the doctor's office I guess.

Bought the new FitBit Charge HR today - we had FitBits that were recalled in May...I think we're buying the syncing scale too.

Stay warm tonight y'all!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening! Just stopping by to get caught up on everyone's news and post my food for the day.

We had a couple inches of snow today and will get 1 or 2 more tomorrow, but the big news is the cold and wind chill. We are heading for -20 tonight with wind chills double that. A few schools have already delayed the morning start in hopes it will warm up. It is January so I guess we have to expect some of this cold.

Other than that the week is flying by. Work is busy by definition and the afternoons just evaporate as I try to get in some exercise and then do the dinner prep and cleanup.

Keep warm, chicks, and have a good evening.
Closed Thread