South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wonderful Weekend on the Beach 12/20-21

Good morning chicks! Y'all must be still dozing
Old 12-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #2  

I didn't see anyone peeking around in here, so hoped there'd be no simulposting.

My last 2 days on strict restrictions! But what's next, I dunno. So, this weekend will be low key. My DH talked about errands he's doing, and I told him he better get me out of the house for a little bit!! At minimum, I need to get to the library and get some more books out.

I must admit, I'm not disappointed my appetite isn't quite back yet, and I realized I probably just saved myself my holiday gain by having surgery now. I'm mostly eating healthy though - smoothies for breakfast (get your calcium and protein in for bone healing!) and soup for lunch and/or dinner. I'll have to be really careful I don't put the weight back on and then some, since it will be a while til I am allowed to exercise. We are allowed to walk, and I'm up to about a mile/day total going around the block with my recovering neighbor.

My life isn't too exciting right now (thank goodness). How 'bout everyone else? starting to gear up for holiday celebrations??!!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy. I'm glad you are able to get around a bit and are not too frustrated by inactivity.

I had planned to be in town shopping right now but forgot about how dark the mornings are. Duh! I'll pop in a bit later and brave the crowds. I just have to pick up the Purolator stuff and get it wrapped.

Still no tree up - yesterday did not go as planned. A very boring "acquaintance" is teaching in a school in the next town and has taken to dropping in for "a cuppa tea". She is one of those teacher-types who has an opinion on everything. She doesn't sew but told me how to make a quilt!

Joanne came in late afternoon to pick up her darling Joey who just about wiggled out of his skin. He does adore her and really missed her although he did get lots of attention from me. My two will miss him and will probably spend all of today sleeping!

The weather is clear and cold today so we should get a good turnout for the last night of the Lights in the Park celebration. I will be stuck in the Town Hall Office from 4 to 9 but will do some sewing while I'm there. fingers crossed that we don't have any water problems tonight.

Hope your Saturday has lots of happy moments.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and happy Saturday!

I will try to get back later. I'm out with the pups so we don't have an accident in the house and I'm hoping to crawl back in bed for a minute this morning. Yesterday was a very long day. Let's make it a great one!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Tammy have fun on your outing. Dont push it though, believe me this is a big step

Ruth we all have one of those friends lol good luck

Ugh today I am going to Joe's to help him finish shopping, wrap, clean up etc. I wish someone woukd help me with those things. DS and my ex dropped off most of his stuff yesterday during my morning coffee, then they left. Nice right? So before my day coukd begin a lugged all of it to his room. My goodness does he have stuff!! I was put with Ed most of the day. Afterwards snuck in a quick trip to Trader Joe's. It was a madhouse!!!! Picked up DS and pizza. I let my stress get the best of me and ate crap the entire day. Which made my sleep suffer. Back on track today.

I do need to figure out what to bring to my sister's now that I am off for Christmas. Something healthy hmmmm

Try to stay calm amidst all the craziness today
Old 12-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,
I feel like I'm in the home stretch of this season - which started with my vacation, encompassed my cousin's visit, Christmas with my parents, and ends tonight with a party my son is having for school friends which may involve some of them sleeping over. I've distributed most of our Xmas tips around our building (we live in a huge building with a lot of staff), am almost done shopping for my son, found out my husband just wants $$ towards his motorcycle for Xmas. Soon my work will be done! If I can just finish up the last loose ends by tomorrow, next week will be very relaxing for me. I have to work Monday and Tuesday, but it's really dead since finals are over, so I can devote both days to decluttering/organizing my office. I have holiday lunch plans both those days too, which will be really fun. And on Xmas, we are going out to dinner with very close friends which means NO WORK for me! I'm excited. Hope everyone else's planning is going well.

Just an update on my dad: I spoke to his geriatrician. He did see the neurologist and they both feel he is suffering from Alzheimer's rather than Lewy Body Dementia. It sounds strange to say that's a relief, but it feels that way. The progression is more predictable and there is a greater level of support for Alzheimer's than LBD. I'm also working on managing my own wish to control things for them, which is one of my biggest stressors around this.

Tammy - maybe does it seem like recovery will never end? It will!! You are doing great - just continue to take it easy. I'm so happy for you in any case that they identified what was going on. And Ruth - good luck braving the holiday crowds. It only happens once a year!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A lazy Good Morning to everyone! I stayed up late with my DS and the grandkids, watching a movie last night. (The Giver) The kids both fell asleep halfway thru the movie, but Dustin and I got caught up in it and watched it to the end. Then I laid awake for a while afterwards, thinking about it.
Today I have to go through my picture albums to pull out some old pictures for a memory box we are making for Dad for Christmas, and I want to make some pizelles for our gnocchi-making party tomorrow. Jake and I like to go to the Mall after all our shopping is done and sit and people watch, so we may do that today, too. I know, it sounds weird, lol!

Tammy, be gentle with yourself on your outing today.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Arghh! I was just doing my happy dance about being on vacation () and managed to lose my post!!!
Anyway, I am on vacation after a long and stressful week. Now I can assess my holiday preparations and see what needs to happen next. I have 1 gift left to buy but everything else is wrapped and the decorations are up. I need to plan and food shop: having 2 extra young men in the house means we consume a LOT of food.

Tammy, I am glad you are feeling better.
Matilda, we are going out to eat on Christmas Day as well. For several years we all brought food to my parents' house, but since all my siblings live at least 2 hours away, going out is much easier.
Ruth, have a good drive to Brockville. Wave at the rink for me.
Jennifer, I wish you patience through this time with DS.
Debbie, enjoy your walk. We have sun today so I may try to sneak one in as well.

Time for more coffee and making a grocery list. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:37 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I woke up super early (okay regular work time) today. Laid in bed for a bit and then just decided to get up. Made breakfast, have laundry going and it is quiet in the household.

Today I have to go with DD1 so she can finish up paperwork for her new car. I need to go to the grocery store for a few things but am dreading the crowds.

The drive home last night was crazy lots of traffic everywhere, got home and DH asked if I wanted to go to movies and I said no let's stay home so we did.

Tywnn glad you are taking it easy in your recovery

Ruth I don't mind the crowds when I don't have an agenda I like to keep to

Debbie enjoy your day

Jekel they should have lugged his stuff up to his room instead of leaving for you to do. Here is to both of us having an op eating day today

Matilda glad you got a diagnosis for your dad. My dad's mom and sister both had Alzheimer's so he is tested every year and so far so good, he will be 80 in a few days.

Cottage bet that was a nice evening with the family

Beth yea for vacations, I am on countdown mode as well, I start mine on Christmas day and don't go back to work til January 5th

Enjoy this wonderful weekend
Old 12-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick pop in to say hello. Saw the news about the 2 NYPD officers ambushed today and thought of you, Jennifer. It's a horrible time to be in law enforcement, I tell ya. Just awful.

Just a quick hello as I'm on a double today and still have 12 1/2 more hours to go. I did get tickets to Florida booked for February and Jaime and I are thinking about taking a cruise while I'm there.

Have a great weekend! I'll try to stop back by tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Sounds like everyone's holiday plans are taking shape.

Natasha I am sick to my stomach today. Been glued to the news even though their reports are not entirely accurate. I try to keep a positive mindset, but lately it is not easy. Today's roll call will be somber. I hate putting the mourning band over my shield. If this climate continues, I can assure you I am not saying one day longer than I have to. Even my mom posted stuff on Facebook last night. I know she is incredibly proud of me. Yet at the same time her heart aches but is grateful when she knows I am on my way home.

Well at least the pups got a little extra loving before I need to go in.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Jennifer, I've been thinking about you ever since I heard the news. So sad. Such stressful times we live in. Take care today and thanks for checking in with us.

Matilda, thinking of you to do regarding the events in your neck of the woods. I'm glad that the situation with your parents has progressed at least to have a diagnosis for your father. Knowing is at least better than not knowing.perhaps his diagnosis might help your mother to start thinking about things as well.

Natasha, yay for tickets to Florida!

We got our tree put up yesterday and I'll probably put the ornaments on before I go to work today. I got up early to take care of some things but don't really feel like it so I think I'll just go back to bed for an hour.I did finish up the complicated lease agreement for my mother's business and finally met her new tenant yesterday. He's a great guy and that made me really happy since I will be the one who's dealing with him at some point. It's a 12 year lease and unless my mother lives to age 105 that is my reality.

I hope it's a little busy at work and I make some money today. That would always be nice. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-21-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jennifer, I, too, have had you on my mind and I pray for you and your co-workers all over the world. What an incredibly difficult job you have! I thank you for your dedication to protect us.

Matilda, hopefully a diagnosis will start things moving in a better direction for both your parents.

I have to make a quick run to the grocery store to pick up a veggie tray and some last minute things, then get back here and make sure the house is tidied up for everyone who's coming to help make gnocchi at noon. I think there will be around 8 or 9 of us, but many hands make short work. It should be a lot of fun!

Today is our shortest day, and after this, we'll see a bit more daylight each day! Hooray!!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #14  

Debbie, I would bet it's busy with it being the last shopping weekend before Christmas. Careful what you wish for, lol! A 12 year lease, is it for a business?

Natasha, glad to see you pop in!

Jennifer- sad times indeed. I am glad you are safe and sound. How long do you have in so far?

Rose, was it crazy for your errands yesterday?

Beth - congratulations!!!! When is your vacation til?

Cottage - glad you enjoyed the soup . So the giver was a good movie? Okay for 10 and 12?

Matilda - glad this week should settle down for you!

Ruth- how did it go last night? Any water problems?

Guess stairs are above my level, I was doing well yesterday until I did the steps at the library. Wiped me out for hours! Where did that woman who did 6 mile trail runs in the mountains go?!?!? (I'm not sure she'll ever be back...) Anyway, so after my morning outings, took it a lot more careful the rest of the day.

We have church this AM, and DD requested a cheesecake for her birthday (key lime cheesecake, mommy), so that's on the schedule for tonight. Otherwise, nothing on the schedule.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Dragging a bit today after a long "evening" at the Town Hall. I need another coffee, some Christmas music and a bit of dog cuddling to get into a festive mood. The news from NY is just horrifying.
Closed Thread