South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 05:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Thursday Chit Chat on the Beach 12/18

Good morning chicks!

Cyndi - so good to see you drop in and can even tell in your writing that you're starting to relax already! Good for you for splurging!

I woke up at 5 (my new habit) and couldn't turn the brain off, surprise surprise.

I have a friend dropping by today, with cauliflower leek soup (mmmmm), and I might see if my neighbor wants to do TWO laps around the block at one time (daredevil!!). We had a great conversation yesterday, hopefully we'll pick up there.

It was nice, I got out and went to my women's bible study pot luck last night (even though I haven't gone all semester). It was so good seeing them, and they were about begging to help (sorry, I just can't let other people clean my underwear, thankyouverymuch). ahhhh, social contact!

What's on everyone else's plate today?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You sound bright and chipper this morning, Tammy! I'm glad you're feeling well enough to start getting out and about, and that's great that your friends are so eager to help out!

Jennifer, I hope your DS has a definite plan on what he's going to do with his life and wises up. I can feel your disappointment. We want the best for our children, but ultimately, it's their life, and we have to hope for the best.

Cyndi, happy vacation and enjoy your much deserved rest!

My granddaughter's concert was great last night, and they even got a standing ovation. I think it put everyone in a holiday mode as everybody was smiling and happy as we were filing out of the audititorium afterwards.

I'm hoping to get a bit more baking done after work this evening, and have to decide what to serve for lunch Sunday when my SILs come to help make gnocchi for our Christmas Eve dinner. I'm leaning towards a broccoli cheese soup served in bread bowls. Just think, next week this time, it will be Christmas Day!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chipper Chirpers! Nice to see/hear the enthusiasm and also to see that Cindy is gearing down a bit.

I woke at 2 again last night but did go back to sleep. Right now I am completely dressed and ready to go out with the trash to meet Steve and give him his Christmas card and a personal thank-you. Garbage pick-up is such a thankless job!

Pet therapy was very quiet yesterday. Jazz was exhausted from playing in the yard with his two pals and just slept on the clients' laps! Joey and Millie tire him out. Today he will get a bit of a break from refereeing as Joey is spending the afternoon at Moel's house while Michelle cleans and I go to my dental appointment. I also need to drop off a vase at my florist to get a Christmas centrepiece made for The Eve.

Some more wrapping and some Mill accounting should round out the day. When I was out yesterday, Purolator tried to deliver thee missing gifts (the last) but needed a signature. They left a note that I am to pick them up in Brockville! Hardly convenient since it's a half hour drive each way. Grrr! They may suffer the Wrath of Ruth unless I decide to drive in there Saturday morning before we pack the Christmas food baskets. (I'm trying to feel the calm of Christmas so will get over it!)

Tammy, I'm with you on having friends do some sorts of things for my but have learned that it's really nice to have some help. Aside from that, people feel good helping so let them!

Linda, I would so love to be there with you, G and S and learn to make gnocchi. I've sure learned a lot from you three lately!

Time to crank up the day and lug stuff out to the road. If Steve is late this morning there will not be a personal presentation of his gift as I have wrapping to finish - for now. Have a joyful day and give yourself the gift of some down time.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Tammy - Glad to hear you have so much help and are doing well.

Linda - Yum, yum, and yum.

Ruth - Frustrating about the deliveries.

DS2 didn't make it as far as we expected in his drive yesterday, stopping for the night in Green River, UT. But I'm glad he was wise enough to know his limits. Speaking of... his credit card companies put fraud holds on his cards so he was lucky to have enough cash for gas yesterday until he could call and resolve things. He's got a long day ahead of him but plans to get an early start.

We have house-guests driving down from MN today. My SIL, niece-in-law, and her two little girls, 5 months and almost 3. They'll stay with us until Saturday, when their husbands drive down to join them; they will all then head to another relative's house for the duration. I've got soup in the crockpot and ingredients for several meal options (vegetarian, gluten-free, no peppers since the 3-year old hates them).

So I'll be cleaning house this morning. And we got snow last night! Not much, but just enough that we'll have to shovel today. Okay, DH can do that!

Have a great day.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hope to stop by later and chat. The day has already gotten ahead of me oops!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Didn't get home til almost 8 last night and back at work this morning for another 12 hours. Didn't sleep well because I ate junk food yesterday so today aiming for op day so I can sleep like a log tonight.

Tywnn glad you have such helpful friends

Cottage sounds like a fun time was had by everyone last evening

Ruth I would be upset with a 30 minute drive each way to pick up packages

Karen your DS2 must have been frustrated with CC glad he got it straightened out.

Have a great day everyone
Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

A quick hello to everyone! I was up for the first time at 2:45 this morning and I went and picked up my friend and drop her off at the Greyhound stop. It was a 3 mile walk for her in the dark and it's snowing so I'm glad we did that. I did come home and get back to sleep then jumped right into all the family stuff this morning. We're going to the pool then I Company my sister to her treatment. This afternoon at 2 PM they have scheduled a caregiver massage for me which I'm going to enjoy thoroughly.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
Waiting for DH to pick me up from work and I'm afraid to move out of my cube. I'm Literally surrounded by cookies. Can anyone give a bouquet of Broc with Garlic? so the good eating is being challenged massively.
Tammy You're doing amazing so glad for you!
Ruth You're seriously a dynamo I need a sliver of your DNA for the future
Linda your FB Snack links are killing me!!! If you want to mail me some gnocchi
DH will be here in 8 min I gotta hustle
Kier
Old 12-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone, it's good to hear the news and see how busy everyone is. This is a great time of year if you can remember not to over-commit yourself.

One more day of school then it's vacation.

I'll be back tomorrow.
Closed Thread