South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Wonderful Weekend on the Beach, 12/6-7

Hey everyone! A quick check in because I'm running off to the gym

Yesterday I took my cousin to Rockefeller Center to see the tree. What a madhouse!!! We had to wait on line to get into the Lego store. I can do that once a year and no more...crazy. But I'm glad we did it. Today we are going to go visit Louis Armstrong's house (decorated for the holidays), then come back here and put up our Xmas tree. We have a church group meeting tonight that's a wine tasting , should be fun. Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 12-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I want to be with that church group! LOL! That's insane to wait to get into a store, but I'm sure my DS would be up for it. Enjoy your workout!

We need to get our Christmas tree too today - and get stuff set up. That oughtta keep us busy! Today and tomorrow we'll also stock up on everything for me to be at home for a week or two.

Looking out the window, it is such a dreary day out. I hope it clears up for Christmas tree hunting .
Old 12-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another gray and dreary day here, I sure hope the sun comes out. On the agenda today is cleaning house and going shopping with my girls. I just have a few presents for co-workers to pick up.

Mmckellen have a fun day and enjoy your wine this evening.

Tywnn have fun but take it slow today. Do you know the date of surgery is it Monday?

Enjoy your day!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!

Gray here as well, but I'm still of the mindset it is better than shoveling snow! In my opinion, winter should be a very brief season.

About to run off to get a few groceries and then home to decorate, including putting up the tree.

Be back later!
Old 12-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ditto here too, yucky day perfect for staying indoors.

Matilda as much as I love the city this time of year, I despise it too. lol I tend to look at the window displays after the crowds go home. Glad you are enjoying your time with your cousin. Wine tasting sounds awesome!

Tammy thinking of you. Good luck with the tree hunt.

Beth I agree!! One good snow is enough for me.

Pearlrose way to go being done with shopping. I just need to get for Joe's kids and gift cards for my nephews. Guess that is where next week's paycheck will go.

I slep on the couch last night at Joe's!!! lol only because I could not get comfortable. He had no clue as he was enjoying a great slumber. We had breakfast and lingered over coffee before he headed out to work on the house. Something about lumber pick up. I'm catching up his to do list here before I head for home. I plan on making bbq chicken in the crockpot for work dinners this week.

Otherwise a little bike and early bed time before going back to work tomorrow. Better iron my uniforms later too yikes!

Stay warm and dry chickadees
Old 12-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I didn't get here yesterday morning. I decided to go meet up with a friend early before we traveled then when we got over here DH and I went up and looked at a roof that some roofing had blown off of. Fortunately it didn't need a fix although we were prepared. Today I head back to work and maybe we will put up the tree when I get home. My mom called to tell me that some of her outdoor lights weren't working so I may go troubleshoot that too. Maybe it's just a fuse and we won't have to put up a whole new string of lights.

Have a great day everyone! I am happy about no snow here as well.
Tammy, I hope you are getting everything accomplished as you anticipate some downtime as you recover from your surgery.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Why am I not surprised you're already in here, Debbie? Darned, no one took your Sunday?

Jennifer- did you actually sleep okay on the couch!? Crockpot barbeque chicken sounds delish - might have to do that sometime. Do you use a whole chicken, or just breasts, or ???

Beth, Pearl - Good morning!

Okay, starting to get nervous! I'll be going in first thing tomorrow morning, so surgery starts in about 24 hours. For the nerds, he's doing a C 3-4 ACDF and a C5 corpectomy. I think the scariest part that most of my friends don't know is that this procedure is to stop my signs from worsening (and the doc kept telling me how bad I looked), not to regain what I lost. But, I am a stubborn somewhat redhead (strawberry blonde!), so I know I'll do okay! They emphasize eating healthy to help your body heal, and I can do that with south beach!

A friend decided to have my kids' school set up a sign up genius for meals. All our dinners (every other day) until Dec 28th are covered. I am so humbled, it about makes me cry.

We skipped the tree yesterday since it was an absolutely miserable day out, we'll see if DH wants to do it today. We did get a lot of errands done yesterday though!

Anyone with exciting Sunday plans?
Old 12-07-2014, 07:26 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Yep. Tammy, no one took my Sunday, but after Kirby's vet bill lol I am happy to work. Geez he feels so much better without those 18 awful teeth! I know you'll do fine with everything, too. It's wonderful to have all those meals covered!

Ok back to paying bills!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks!

Our tree is up and has lights on, I hope to do the decorations today. I also need to do some food prep for the week (make a quiche, some PB muffins, hard boil some eggs, you know the drill) and a few misc. chores. We re-strung the outside lights and have decided next year we may buy some of those net style lights for our bushes since we have rearranged our lights a couple times this week and aren't totally happy.

Tammy, that is so great about the meals. I wish you a smooth recovery. And just for the record, a few years back, when my kids were extremely busy with sports, I decided I was so tired of standing in the rain/snow in the dark trying to chose a tree that I just bought a fake one. Now there's no excuse not to get it up.

Debbie, good news about the roof. Have a good day at work.

I'm off to fill my coffee and start puttering in the kitchen.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Trying to decide if the sun is going to peak out today or not. DD2 has a birthday swim party to go to so I will be doing the driving to drop off and pick up. Other than that, I do not have an agenda maybe wrap some presents?

Debbie good news about the roof

Tywnn that is so nice of them to cover dinners that should help some.

Beth we have a fake tree as well, so it is just a matter of lugging out and put it up.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Tammy. Thinking of you and its amazing that you won't have to worry about meals. Yes, redheads are stubborn.

Wishing everyone else a great Sunday.

Had a great time yesterday and bought a lovely set of steak knives at a good price but they aren't manufactured anymore in the country of origin.

Big list of things to do today, one of them is to shorten pants that are about an inch to long. I hate that, rather would have more inches to work with.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Just wrote a whole post and lost it GRRRR will try again later! I hope everyones having a great day!
Closed Thread