South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Last Weekend in November Chat, 11/29-11/30

All is calm, all is bright on this brisk Saturday morning, and I'm thoroughly enjoying my morning cup before everyone gets up.

I didn't get much accomplished yesterday except for getting my hair done and taking care of Dad's personal business, although we did go shopping for a new tree topper and some other decorations. So today, we're putting up the tree and getting the house all decked up! I'm looking forward to tonight when we have just the magic and wonder of the Christmas tree lights on to enjoy.

So what are everyone's plans on this countdown before Christmas? Enjoy your day, however you decide to spend it.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Countdown Weekend - Nov. 29 to 30t0

Good morning. Awoke to a "whoosh" this morning - not weight but time! No more fooling around as December 1 has snuck up on me!

I got the darned schoolwork delivered yesterday - four hours on the road - but my rum cake didn't turn out. It tastes fine :blush: but did not come out of the pan properly. Anybody want a rum trifle later on? Come and grab it out of the freezer. I'll do another one this afternoon and make sure the pan is greased enough. (It still was a bit warm when I took it out too.)

On the road again this morning with a quick dash (30 minutes) to town for some odds and ends of shopping for the boxes that have to be mailed west on Monday. I have duty at the Town Hall tonight for Celebrate The Season and have a book and some Christmas cards to write. I'm not expecting a big crowd around to use the washrooms since the weather is sort of "iffy" but the carolers will be in for their costumes and there's always one who can't get it on right. They are all in Victorian costume and look great!

OK - quick shower and then I'm outta here. I hope your Saturday goes well.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Cottage! Talk about clear and cold: we have sunny and 13*. Brr. Must be winter or something....

Yesterday I did a bit of cleaning, quite a bit of schoolwork and my workout. Today I need to get some groceries since tomorrow will involve spending part of the day getting DS2 back to school. DH and I bought some new outdoor lights yesterday and will get those up today. The boxes will come out of the attic but I probably won't put up the tree until next weekend.

I have coffee; anyone need some?
Old 11-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #4  

I'm ready for another cup, Beth, and a chunk of Ruth's ruined rum cake would go well right now, too. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning stopped in Hays Ks for coffee ready to resume drive. Pup is happy 450 m to home
Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We did go to parade yesterday fun morning. Didn't end up going to look at lights as DD2 ended up going to movies with our neighbors. We will try to go this evening if it works out with everyone's schedules.

Cottage I do love the lights of Christmas

Ruth glad to hear you got the school work delivered. I am afraid I would have dove into the rum cake if I had ruined it.

Beth sounds like you had a busy day yesterday

Debbie he is such a cute pup, I am sure he is happy to have a forever home

Today is going to be very mild day and the sun is out, need to enjoy while we can.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

So excited for you Debbie. What is the bundle of joy's name? Safe travels

Beth I'll take another cup please. Thank you for the message It's hard really putting my foot down, but I am sticking to my guns. He threatened to move out. I calmly said OK you can take your TV if you like. Lol I think he was expecting me to plead with him to stay. I think I confused him thoroughly lol

The tree is decorated. I love the candles glowing in the windows. I enjoyed decorating the tree as I really took my time. My tree is a history of my life. It is nice going down memory lane. I have an ornament Mrs Hill made for our kindergarten class. Last year I sent her a picture of it on Facebook. She could not believe I still had mine. Made her day when others posted theirs too.

Ruth your life if so busy I don't think I coukd keep up with you!!!

Today I have to create our fundraising page for the Police Unuty Tour. Pamela, John's sister, has joined me this year. I know she can hang in there for 300 miles as she is 10 years my junior and in really great shape. More motivation to keep me out of the treats this holiday season.

I think I need a refill before starting my day. Anyone else ready???
Old 11-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I'm back from Vegas and ready to jump into the month of December. I have lots of financial stuff to wrap up before the end of the year - this is the kind of thing I actually enjoy doing - and this weekend I want to get the tree up. Also, I'm ready to recommit to a food plan. While I was away I used the gym at the hotel and I'm ready to jump back into that too! I feel motivated...let's hope it keeps on.

We had a great time in Vegas, but unfortunately while we were there my Uncle (my mom's brother) died. They were not really close, and sometimes that makes things worse. My mom has so much on her plate right now. We got back on Thursday night and I went up there yesterday to take her and my dad out to lunch. It was a nice visit, but I'm increasingly concerned about both of their fragility. However since they are refusing any kind of help it's very difficult to know what to do.

Anyway - today I'm meeting some friends for an exhibit at the Met and then drinks after. I'm setting myself up so that tomorrow I can jump back into a routine and start exercising and planning my meals for the week. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #9  

Welcome back Matilda. Glad you and the family enjoyed your time in Vegas. So sorry for your loss. You are a good daughter trying to help your mom and dad.... I love your motivation!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, the toughest part of being a parent is knowing when it is time to "tough" and when to "love".

Debbie, have a safe trip! Your little buddy is so sweet.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Enjoying my week so far with my mom, even though it HAS resulted in me hearing about how I need to move back home "where I belong" and how much she misses me. We've been having a blast! I'm attaching a couple of photos from the Frost Bar in Boston and Nubble Lighthouse in Maine.

Jekel, I actually signed in just to see if you had responded to my offer for coffee. We have lots of time to kill Monday as we're only there to see Phantom and couldn't get an earlier show than 8 PM. So if you have the time and want to get together, just let me know! I'll make sure to check in!

Okay, ladies, I have a headache, so I'm heading to bed. Goodnight!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg natasha 1.jpg (32.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg natasha 2.jpg (40.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #12  

Absolutely Natasha! I was hoping you would check in
Old 11-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Sunday, Chickies. It's the first Sunday of Advent which means my annual panic will arrive soon.

I was planning to go to Church this morning until I made a list of all that MUST be done today. I'm feeling rather wiped out this morning after shopping in town and being at the Town Hall from 4 until 10:30 for Celebrate the Season last night. It was a lovely evening and I think half of Eastern Ontario was in Delta - and a quarter of them needed to get into the washrooms. (We are the only Public Washroom in Delta in winter as the Park has to drain all their water in winter and resort to Port-a-Potties. Brrrrr!)

Tomorrow is our Quilters Christmas lunch and then I have a darned Mill Executive Meeting here. I made another rum cake yesterday in my "spare time" and need to glaze it this morning. I also have the West Coast parcels to get ready for mailing in the morning and laundry, of course. The lads will be here first thing Tuesday to start moving furniture for the great Refinish the Upstairs Floors project so today MUST be the day I finish sorting and clearing the closets. I've already taken down and cleaned all the pictures. I'm tying not to think of all the other "stuff" that needs doing. It sure will feel great to get on that plane for Philly on Wednesday.

I can hear my Dad saying "Less talk and more action, Ruthie!" so I'm outta here to tackle the List - and probably add a few more things to it. Hope your Sunday is as much of a "day of rest" as possible!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #14  

Geez Ruth your to do list makes me want to go to bed. The festival sounds lovely, but tiring. So nice you have your trip to Linda's to look forward to.

Today I am off to my sister's to meet the newest addition to the family. This will be the first time all three of her son's have been home together in quite some time. DS will have to miss today as his dad will bring him back to school for me.

I have been tasked with making the salad for today. I really though I had a disposable lasagna pan to put it in. Lol turned out the foil pan in the cabinet was a pie plate oops. Another trip to the attic for a dollar store bowl giveaway.

Can't wait to hear back from Natasha

Have a great day!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:45 AM   #15  

Those are great pictures, Natasha, and I especially like the one in front of the lighthouse. I'm glad you and your Mom are enjoying her visit, and hope you get to meet up with Jennifer while you're in NYC.

Ruth, what a drag, having to clear out your upstairs rooms! Maybe you can hire some big kids to help out, as kids are always looking for ways to make extra money this time of year. Watch that you don't strain your back, and be very careful!

We got our tree up and 3/4 decorated yesterday, and today I'll finished decorating the inside while Jake puts up the outside garlands and wreaths. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here! I have to make a butternut squash lasagna to bake and freeze for our weekend in Cape May, and maybe I'll make a smaller one for today's supper while I'm at it. Other than that, I'm going to try to take it easy, since the next 3 days are going to be pretty busy before I leave for my mini-vacation!
Closed Thread