South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thanksgiving Thursday - November 27

I don't smell turkey roasting yet. Anybody up and at it down there? Sure hope those of you in the snow are OK and that friends and families made it through the white stuff.

My roofers are to come today! I moved the car out onto the street last night so I could relax a bit this morning. I should have loaded the car with schoolwork before I did it and saved myself some steps because I must get that stuff delivered. No word from the stove dude but he'll probably call today when I'm out.

Getting in a bit of a panic over all I have to do before I go away next week. Clearing out the upstairs room for the floor finishing is huge! Paul and his guys will move the heavy stuff but closets, pictures and lamps are my responsibility. And then there's Christmas stuff to get finished up and mailed. I may be a bit "seldom" around here for a while.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. If I had an oven, I'd do myself a turkey - I am 1/4 American and DAR at that!
Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Ruth, you do have a lot to do!!

It is absolutely beautiful here - I just love it! The snow is still hanging on the trees, and everything is glowing.

I canceled the cheesecake, since our neighbor helped make 80 pies for a sale, and is bringing 2 of them here (coconut and cherry). Neither are a favorite of mine, so that's better to have around than cheesecake!

Today will be lazy otherwise. We're having a nice meal, but all simple stuff to make. I'm sure DH and kids will go play in the snow, and I'll watch from the nice toasty inside. A nap is on the agenda as well!

Coffee maker is beeping!

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-27-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving

My brother lost power yesterday and is still without. At least the food won't spoil. so we have a change of venue and will spend the day at my sister's. No turkey or trimmings. She was hosting Sunday dinner (her DS, DIL and GS) are coming tomorrow. So it is spiral ham and dessert today who knows what else. I think my brother will bring the turkey on Sunday. I don't reme the last time I had a real traditional Thanksgiving dinner lol

Ruth hope the roof goes smoothly today.

Tammy stay warm and dry inside.

I need to give the driveway another once over as we got a coating overnight. So much for nice shoes today. It's snow boots and slippers in my bag lol

Have a great day!!!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and Tammy! Ruth, some folks prefer their big meal midday but since we will have ours tonight you should start to smell turkey early to mid-afternoon.

Tammy, I would feel the same way about those 2 particular pies: no temptation. However I made Kalyn's pumpkin cheesecake pie (big temptation) but at least my indulgence will be somewhat OP. Have a relaxing day with your family.

Incidentally, last night we had this and it was quite tasty.
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/11...ess-apple.html

I would definitely make it again.

DS 1 & 2 blew in yesterday afternoon and created their own special brand of chaos before running out to see friends who were home. It is good to see them and I think they were feeling happy to be away from the school pressures; when they go back final exams will be staring at them.

Have a great day, chicks, whether or not you are celebrating!

ETA- Good morning, Jennifer!

Last edited by Beth19; 11-27-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Maybe you could hire someone to help you. But just imagine a vacation coming up. Hope roofers are there already

Tammy you certainly sound relaxed. It shows that you don't have snow too often. One snow fall a year (on Christmas day is all I wish for).

I guess everyone is busy with the turkey. Hope all are safe with their families.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Take care
Sophie
Old 11-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving!

I hope all you US chicks have a wonderful Thanksgiving day and I wish we could send you some Ruth!

We had a great Thanksgiving meal last night and packed all the leftovers up to take with us today. We're heading to the pool soon although it's very cold

Tomorrow we head out very early to get our pup. I'll take lots of pictures!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes! The roofers are here and working in 29ºF. I am going to offer them coffee and muffins (from the store bakery) and have them in for a bit of a warm-up. Sure hope the oven element arrives today as I really don't want to have to bake my rum cake in the freezing cold Town Hall kitchen when I'm there tomorrow night.

Edited to Add: The Stoveman Cometh this afternoon. I'll roast a chicken and pretend it's a turkey.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Thanksgiving,

Made all of my phone calls to family this morning and we are watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on tv since St. Louis parade has been postponed.

I am going to start making our dinner soon. Baked a lot of cookies last night plus pie for today. DH went to deliver cookies to policeman on patrol in Ferguson this morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Closed Thread