South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Sonday morning!

I'm enjoying my coffee in the calm and quiet before the day gets off and running. I think today we're going to look through our Christmas decorations and see what we need (or don't need ) in preparation for decking the halls next weekend. I also want to go through and organize my shoe closet and take a load over to Goodwill. This afternoon, I may see what I can prepare ahead for Thursday's dinner, since we had 18 coming at last count!

Tammy, you had asked about the dinner theatre. The show was excellent, but the food was nothing special. We all agreed that if we go again, we'll have dinner elsewhere first, and just come for the show.

Enjoy your day!
Old 11-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow, two posts before I got mine out!

Debbie, are you thinking of adding a new pup to your family? Do tell!!!

Beth, what kind of floor cleaner did you get? I bought a Shark steam cleaner several months ago, and I love it! Enjoy your mild day today!
Old 11-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beach Babes. It sounds like everyone is getting it in gear for your big holiday and then you all switch to pre-Christmas. I'm kind of glad our TD is in October.

Last night's Celebrate The Season was pretty low key. I did not bake because it was way too cold - just cranked up my Office heat and did some non-Mill work. I was home by 9, had lemon tea and popped what I thought was the right cold capsule. Turns out I thought wrong as I was just semi-conscious all night. Duh! This may be a nap day.

On the other hand, it is going to be a relatively warm day - it's 41F right now. I may get my porch lights set up, early for a change. We have 64 promised for tomorrow which will melt the snow. Sure would be nice if the lads could finish my roof.

Hmmm - maybe I'll have my afternoon nap right now!
Old 11-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I found this little guy in a shelter in (Emporia)Kansas. I've fallen in love with him. He's sick with kennel cough and I've had my pup vaccinated this last week. I am just going on faith right now and we will see what happens. My pups have always somehow picked me and I feel like I want to except this guy no matter what his circumstances. I think he is older but it's just very difficult to get any information about him from the shelter,although I have been approved for adoption.it's a 560 mile drive one way. Oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (21.5 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-23-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, Ruth. That's the worst! I was so tired last night, then couldn't fall asleep, and I wondered if they messed up labeling the coffee last night.

Linda, glad you enjoyed the show! I heard from someone else IRL about the Shark too, maybe I need to look into it?

Debbie, I'm with Linda... a new dog?! Is this for you, or the rescue?

Beth - Yes, what kind of cleaner!? I adore my food processor, so I understand passionate adoration of a inanimate object.

Our work party last night (for the place I don't really start until Jan) was great fun, and more importantly, my kids had a great time! I did get to sam's and grocer yesterday, but left some stuff for what I bet will be on sale this week. We invited our neighbor (the guy that fell of the roof last winter? having more troubles...) for dinner Thursday. Since he's my neighbor and low key, I don't have to clean well!!

Today is making the brownies I didn't make yesterday, running to wegmans, church, and a NAP!
Old 11-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #21  

Debbie - do you have a link for this little guy?!
Old 11-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/30785032/

This is all I have-not much info they seem to be somewhat overwhelmed

He doesn't really look like a cocker spaniel to me.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-23-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #23  

OMG Debbie - he's adorable! Those eyes are what are luring you to drive so far .
Old 11-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 5"

Debbie- what a cute little guy!!

Tammy and Linda, I have a shark duo carpet and hard floor cleaner. When we bought our house it was all wall to wall carpeting but about 4 years ago we ripped it out and put in ceramic tile and hardwood and now just have area rugs. This machine will clean all three. (No, I am not getting a commission from the company!)
Old 11-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

An English cocker perhaps? He looks wonderful. I guess all dogs from Kansas don't look like Toto.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #26  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Last night started raining so we skipped the outdoor activities and just went to see Mockingjay part 1. We did put all of the outside lights on, DH wore me down, I don't like to put out til after Thanskgiving but him and DD2 wanted them so I was like okay why not.

Debbie that pup looks so cute, I can see why you would want to drive that far to get him

Beth I love my shark navigator it really gets the animal fur and dirt up.

Cottage enjoy your day.

Ruth I hate that groggy feel from cold meds

Tywnn glad the party went well yesterday

Have a great Sunday
Old 11-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #27  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm still here but not even finding time to read right now. I worked 87 hours last week so not a minute to breath. I will be back after the 4th. Miss my Beachy friends
Closed Thread