South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 06:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Frosty Friday but TGIF Anyhow! Nov. 14

Brrrr! Our temp is -3ºC or 25ºF so it'll be winter coat day here. The good news is we have two days of sunshine before the snow hits on Sunday. My roof guys will get lots done if they don't freeze to the roof.

I'm off to town for a a haircut this morning and have a minor shopping list. I'm hoping to be back by noon although I do have some fiddly things to buy at Home Hardware. My new swag lamp needs a longer chain so it can "swag" more. It's heavy and the hook had to be moved onto a joist so it hangs way up at the ceiling. If it weren't so high (and heavy), I'd rewire it myself.

Not sure what the weekend will bring although I think I've got an invitation to a birthday dinner tonight. Silas, part of my Family Dinner group, is turning 14. He's a smart and neat kid but a very picky eater, one of those kids who doesn't want his food "touching"! He wouldn't last long on MY watch! When I serve something at our dinners like a beef stew, Joanne sorts out his plate for him!

So on we go with TGIF. Any exciting weekend plans?
Old 11-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL! I think all my kids' favorite meals are quite messy and mixed up (like Mexican crock pot and stir fry), so Silas wouldn't last long here either. Ruth, you're not going to Chinese today, are you??!!

I agree - TGIF. Gratefully with the cold, I swung by Kohl's and picked up DD a new coat, and SHE LIKES IT! WHOA! LOL...what an achievement. We meant to go back to JCP's and get one for her (that she was lukewarm on), and Kohl's was on the way home...since it was snowing on my drive, I needed to get it done!

Yesterday at work was completely INSANE. My poor tech about cried wanting to go home. I kinda ate a pathetic leftover Panera salad at 4:30 for lunch, so....it was long! Today should be better, and then it's the weekend! (is there a happy dance icon?)

Cyndi - I keep meaning to tell you he's beautiful - Congrats on having such a beautiful addition to your family!
Old 11-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, enjoy your dinner tonight!

Tammy, I hope today is better!

I woke up a little bit tired today. I guess that's the after effects of yesterday's long drive. I need to take my mother up the hill at 7:30 this morning where she hitches a ride to a meeting in Denver. Then I go meet up with our helper lady at 10 to go replace replace another toilet I think....not the toilet just the ring but we have to pull it so I better do all my coffee drinking early.

Enjoy your Friday everyone! I can hardly wait to be back at home today.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

There's snow on the rooftops around here this morning! It made it's season's debut yesterday evening. We only got about an inch, and most of it has already melted, but it sure was pretty.

Ruth, have a nice trip to town this morning, and I hope you find what you need for your new light.

Tammy, yesterday sounded awful for you! At least I'm glad your DD is happy with her new coat, so that wasn't a waste of time.

I'm not really sure what today's plans are. I'd kinda like to go over to the QVC store and look around, since my SIL finds such great stuff there. But the last time I went, the place really turned me off. Maybe I should just stay home and clean this morning. I do have my Friday lunch date with Dad and will see what shopping he needs to do.

I'm going to have another coffee. Anyone else need a cup?
Old 11-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Love another cup. Linda. Just in from sweeping this funny white stuff off the back deck and I need a warm-up. Gone are the days when I can go out there in just my robe! I threw a fleece short over my nightie but that was not enough. ! "Too soon old and too late smart."

Roofers have just arrived so I'll throw on the large coffee maker for them. I don't trust them with my Keurig.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning lol Ruth protect the Keurig at all costs. I can still go out in my fuzzy robe. Although I did add gloves and a scarf last night. Oh yes I am a fashion statement!

Tammy glad DDlikrs her coat. My Sunday was like your Thursday. At 1000 I "said" I was going on patrol. At 3:30 I finally are my lunch. Then helped new officers with an arrest. Didn't even go outside until it was time to leave. Hope today is better for you.

Linda I too would love to see your kitchen. If you can't figure out how to post one, we chicks could take a road trip Where is the QVC store.

Going to Albany today, so much for staying home. Need to pick up an order from Sears. Will treat myself to Panera's Harvest soup for lunch. Then my favorite gift store for hopefully Christmas presents. I started shopping yesterday, wrapping and cards bought. I did get adorable little stockings at Big Lots. For the ladies at work I am stuffing them with a candy cane, body lotion, lip balm and a lottery scratch off. We don't exchange at work, but years ago one of the girls hung stockings on our lockers with candy canes. It was a nice surprise. Let's face it my work world is not very feminine. Also, I picked up presents for our annual toy drive. i really try to get most of my shopping done before the crowds hit. I am trying to support local business more then the Internet, but will shop Amazon at some point.

Ok enough rambling time to get moving
Old 11-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good brrr morning,

We also had some snow last evening and it is a wonderful 20 degrees right now. We are supposed to get more snow on Saturday evening.

Ruth hope the roofers get done soon

Tywnn sounds like you had a crazy day- I did as well but it was just more interruptions all day and not being able to focus on test cases. I ended up working about extra last evening

Debbie I don't know that I would want to drive through blizzard.

Cottage what about the store turned you off?

Jekel I started last night ordered some stocking stuffers that I will probably give early heated windshield scrapers.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and calm Friday!
Old 11-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I didn't make it to the QVC store today, but may go tomorrow. To answer your questions - Pearlrose, what turned me off was how everything was displayed. Just thrown all together like a big mishmash and you had to dig through piles to find what you wanted. Jennifer, there are 2 outlet stores not far from where I live. One in Frazer, and the other one in Lancaster. The Lancaster store is a lot nice and bigger than the Frazer one, but it takes me twice as long to get there.

I've decided that most people on my Christmas list are getting gift cards this year. It may sound heartless, but this way they can get exactly what they want. I know I'm always delighted to get a gift card. I'm borrowing Jennifer's idea and will put each one in a little stocking with a candy cane and a scratch-off.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, sorry I have been MIA this week. In spite of a day off it was just crazy- 2 different professional development/workshop events (one of which I had to present for 1/2 the day), report card night, etc. I am glad it is Friday night and I have no plans --other than a glass of wine.

We are being "blessed" by cold weather as well. We had snow in the air today but no accumulation. Tomorrow looks to be cold but sunny so I will be sure to get in a walk. Have to enjoy it while you can!

Cottage, I recently told DH that my dream retirement job would be to work at the QVC studios. That way I could see and touch all the pretty stuff without having to buy it. The store sounds like my kind of challenge.

Ruth, how did the roofing project go?

Tammy, you mentioned crack slaw yesterday and I was inspired to make it for dinner. The leftovers were good for lunch today. Good job on DD's coat. I currently don't buy any clothes for my kids.

Jennifer, the stuffed stockings sound like a great gift. Might have to steal that idea sometime....Hope your road trip was successful today.

Have a great evening, chicks.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good to hear from you, Beth. Happy Friday!

The 2 hour project consumed most of the day. Thank good ness it's finished. One more, tomorrow morning and I should get part of a day off.
Closed Thread