South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Thumping Thursday, 11/13

Hey all,
Sorry my check ins have been so sporadic lately - just very busy, and I'm also getting ready for my upcoming trip to Vegas. Not much new here - heading into the holidays always sort of gets me in a frenzy. Hope everyone is well, and we're in town this weekend unexpectedly, so I'll have time to check in for longer then. I'm straddling between being on plan and off plan, but I'm sort of giving myself a pass since vacation is coming up and I know I'll be off plan quite a bit then . Refocus in December....
Old 11-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm just so excited that I woke up before 5, but fell back asleep for a bit! WOOT WOOT!

Just an overpacked day at work again, otherwise nothing exciting. One week til my next test for my muscle weakness, it can't get here soon enough...
Old 11-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I have my stuff laid out to pack this morning after a final check of the weather. Not sad to be leaving this cold behind for a few days! Sitting here thinking that I'll be sitting in my hotel room wide awake at 3am tomorrow

Catch you soon...
Old 11-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

All this talk of vacations is making me anxious for mine, which doesn't happen until the 4th of Dec. I hope both you gals, Matilda and Karen, have a wonderful time! And Tammy, I'm almost as eager as you are about getting an answer to your health problems and getting you well again.

Today I can start organizing and putting most of the kitchen ware back into the new cabinets. Woohoo! Other than that, there isn't much else to do. The girls are taking the day off school to go on the fox hunt with Cindy; it's a special hunt with a tea afterwards, so they'll be gone all day. At least I should have an early day today!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oohhhh, are you allowed to share a pic of the kitchen, Linda??!!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning so happy I am off and slept until 6:30. If the dogs didn't let me know they were up I woukd have stayed under the covers for a bit

Cyndi your GS is precious. So glad you got to spend some time with them

Ruth I loved what your Aunt said about babies or maybe it was your grandma. Lol my memory is shot.

Everyone with travel plans enjoy. No getaways planned for me

Tammy I can't believe your colleague is coming back already. Good thing too because you could use a break. Hope you get some answers soon

Going to play today by ear. May start stocking up on cards and wrapping paper. I really plan on keeping it simple this year. I hope Saturday to find a craft fair as I haven't been to one in years and always enjoy them.

Joe is busy getting ready for hunting and his trip to Wisconsin with his Dad and son. Gives me a little time for me, just not sure what I will do with it lol

Oh well time for belly rubs and list making. Enjoy!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Mathilda, Thumping is a good title today because I had Thumper (or Mrs Thumper) on the front lawn just now. I wondered why the dogs were extra excited!

And we all are excited with holidays - even Tammy is excited about her upcoming tests. Hope you get some definite info and a plan of treatment - I'm not used to a not perky Tammy!

Linda, I bet you are going to love putting the new kitchen back together. My holiday starts before yours since I fly out on the 3rd.

Karen, you make wake at 3 a.m. but you will be in vacation!

I was awake at 3 this morning but went back to sleep. A miracle. So nice to wake to morning twilight. Not sure what today will bring but the snow isn't happening until tomorrow so I'm hoping the roofing dudes show this morning. It rained all morning yesterday so Paul had his crew work on an indoor job down at the Lake. He is one busy contractor but his wife keeps him organized. She is my cousin and very much like me - scarey, says Paul.

Found out yesterday that Joanne's destination Wedding Weekend will be from Dec. 10th to the 19th. Some "weekend". I did promise to look after Joey but had no idea she's be gone so long. I'm sure she told me the dates when I volunteered. Three dogs aren't much more trouble than two but it is a very busy time. I may spend a lot of time in the kitchen prepping for Christmas entertaining.

Todd, the first of the roofing crew, just arrived and is moving my car out to the street so they can bring in the truck, dumpster and the rest of the guys. I may get him to take out the trash since it's "that" day.

Thump is a really good title as that will be happening on the roof very shortly.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Oohhhh, are you allowed to share a pic of the kitchen, Linda??!!
I'd love to be able to share pictures of it when it's finished, if I can figure out how to post them.

Good morning, Jennifer! One of my brothers is on a hunting trip in Wisconsin this week!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is another chilly morning possible flurries today. Found out yesterday we would be having company stay at our house until Monday. Spent all of last evening picking up clutter everywhere and we finished cleaning out the DD's room. What a mess.

Matilda I would be on holiday countdown mode

Tywnn I am with everyone else anxious for you to find out what is causing so you can resolve issue

Karen safe travels

Cottage would love to see pictures as well

Jekel enjoy your "me" time

Ruth glad the roofers showed up for you today

Today is wfh and I have test cases to go through. Yesterdays eating was op so going for another day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

I've been back since Friday but my daughter went to her inlaws Saturday afternoon. As soon as she left , I went to bed and slept and slept. Loving to have the grandsons but boy is running around after an almost 2 year old is tiring

Matilda what is that saying-what happens in las vegas stays in las vegas.

Tammy. Hope you can perk up soon

Karen soak up the warm weather

Cyndi. Congratulations. Those grandkids really touch your heart. I sometimes wonder how if my daughter knows how much I love them

Jennifer. Enjoy your time craft show should be nice

Ruth. I thought God broke the mold when you where born

Linda. I bet the new kitchen is spectacular. You and me both on posting picture

hope all my fam7ly wants something I can purchase on line. So much easier. I'm knitting a lace triangular shawl for my daughter. I call it a frogging shawl(rib it rib it)

Take care
sophie

Last edited by sophie; 11-13-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Well it does not even resemble morning....I had to drive over the hill and back today w/blizzards all the way. My mom called crying last eve because she was afraid her water was going to freeze over there. In actuality, it was 35 degrees warmer when we arrived there this morning but it's done! I left DH and the pup over there now I will have peace and quiet for awhile. I stopped midway to shop at WhFoods. Stocked up on some Thanksgiving stuff that I can't get anywhere else. W/turkey in the freezer don't think I'll need much else now.

Sophie, glad you got home safely and are getting rested up. Your shawl sounds pretty. I've done triangular, but not lace.

Pearlrose, glad your cleaning got done before houseguests!

Linda, Dec. 4 will be here before you know it!

Ruth, hope the roof is progressing quickly and both you and pups are surviving!

Jennifer, enjoy your day off!

Twynn, hope your day goes by quickly!

Karen, enjoy the warmth of Cali!

Matilda, glad you got to stop by despite busy-ness!

OK, time for a much needed lunch!
Old 11-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

just a quick hello before the day is over. After my brief visit to the new family I am now working without a day off until Thanksgiving Depending on our success I will either get 1, 2, or 4 days off for the holiday before a last blitz to 12/4. All I know is right after that I'm going back to spend a couple of days with DD and the little one. She has a very cautious pediatrician who has recommended keeping the little one away from most people until he is 90 days old and DD may go completely crazy in the house that long. I'll head down so she can go out shopping, or lunching, or whatever she needs

Now for one last cup of tea to keep me awake until Tim gets home!
Closed Thread