South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucks and Squawks - October 30

Wow! Suddenly it's Thursday!

Bless me, Beachers, for I have definitely sinned. I binged on Halloween candy last night! I can't believe I did that - knew I should have left it in the car! "Woulda, coulda, shoulda!" I had help from Karen but that's no excuse.

Had the flu shot yesterday and did not have the usual reaction. I keep telling myself that's a good thing.

Off to the shop for 7:30 to get the snow tires installed. Moel was around so he lifted them into the car for me and also pointed out that I will need new summer tires for the rear wheels in the Spring. I'll worry about that then but have done a timely reminder for March 1 to start worrying. (I never think to check my tires. Do you?)

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring - no raking got done yesterday as the darn leaves were still too wet. No rain forecast until Friday so they may dry enough today - as long as they are gone before the snow, I'll be happy.

Two dogs are looking for a morning cuddle before they go back to bed. They are soooo spoiled.

Have a ____________ Thursday. (You fill the blanks - my brain hurts!)
Old 10-30-2014, 06:35 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ruth,
I'm also shocked it's Thursday. This week has alternatively flown by and dragged. At least Halloween will be fun tomorrow and we have a good weekend plan.

Just to update, the situation with my parents is getting worse, but they are refusing help in many forms and have cancelled dr. appointments which is not good. Did I write here that my priest suggested I go to a couple of Al Anon meetings (even though alcohol is not involved here) to get coping strategies? I may very well do that, because I could use some help learning how not to try to control this! I am so blessed to have received so much support everywhere I turn. I feel so bad for my parents, but there isn't anything I can do to make this better and they don't want any concrete help that I can offer *sigh*. Certainly makes me think about my own aging process.

Anyway: today is work - I'm having lunch with a friend - and then tonight I need to do some planning for a dinner party we are having here on Saturday night. I also want to get together a little surprise party for my husband for his birthday for tomorrow (after trick or treating). Also start grocery shopping. Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 10-30-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Are you sure it's Thursday? When did that happen?

Ruth - I'm pretty sure we've all done that in one way or another, so we'll forgive you . I'm betting I'm going to need tires sooner than later, since they don't put great ones on new cars (my 6 mo old car already has 16k miles....).

Matilda - sorry about your parents, the al anon sounds like a great idea. Glad you have so much support.

For me - work! (lol) I am getting bloodwork done this morning (no....coffee...), my awesome doctor ordered some without seeing me, since I'm so stinkin' tired. That's expected with my insane work (which is finally starting to slow down), but my legs and arms have been weak too. I keep hoping it's thyroid, so I can take a pill and lose weight easier, lol.

Time to get the kiddos going...
Old 10-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, all!

Thank goodness it's Thursday! It's been a long week!

Matilda, I'm glad you are getting so much support about the situation with your parents. At least they know you are there for them.

Ruth, the Halloween candy hasn't tempted me, but I've been on a cookie binge all week. There must be something in the air.

Nothing new happening here, just another day of listening to the air compressor kicking on and off, jackhammering away all day, and trying to keep up with the gritty dust thats everywhere. At least I can leave at the end of the day and get away from it for a while. I know it's driving Cindy nuts.

Have a peaceful day!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks! Not sure if I am squawking or clucking this morning. I do like the fact that it is "Friday eve"!

Matilda, this is so hard for you. I look into the future and promise myself I will not do the same thing to my own kids but one never knows. Going to the meetings for some coping ideas sounds like a good idea.

Ruth, the wind really helps out with our raking: our leaves mostly end up in the field across the street. DH also spends time chopping them with the lawn mower. I'm guessing you saw the s word in your weekend forecast since it is also in mine.

I've got to take out the trash and get to work. Have a good day chicks. Hope everyone has a full cup to get them started!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, I'm glad you are having bloodwork to get to the bottom of what ever is going on with you. I'll be sending positive vibes your way!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth and Linda - I'm with ya. DH bought candy while I was out-of-town and I've only managed to avoid eating that by eating HUGE amounts of the equally sugary GF chocolate cereal he also got!

Matilda -

Tammy - Hopefully you'll get an easy answer with an easy solution.

Beth - My DH does the same. We also have layers of pine needles.

I think we'll head out this morning to do advance voting. I am soooo tired of the phone calls about the upcoming election. We got invited to the final World Series game last night; DH went but I declined because of my cold. Sad finish for us in KC but it has been an exciting run.

Enjoy your day.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Her water broke! I'm off to Boston
Old 10-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Already went and did my yearly bio at work, they give you your cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure numbers which I like to compare. Everything was fine other than my weight. Same story different year. I am hoping I can stay on track for good now in order to gain control of my weight.

Ruth I did have 4 pieces of candy when I had Chinese but yesterday did really well and did not stray. If DH had not gotten one of my fav's I would not have been tempted. I will be glad when Halloween is past and most of the candy has been gobbled up.

Matilda I am glad you to do have support

Tywnn I hope they figure out for you and it is simple

Cottage DD2 wanted to buy a big cookie yesterday when we went to grocery store and I wouldn't get it- too much temptation I love cookies. At
least the cookie dough we have you have to bake before your tempted by. lol

Beth have a good day today

Tammy I was rooting for KC to win, I know how exciting it is around here when we make it that far.

Cyndi how exciting don't forget to post pics of baby!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-30-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Closed Thread