South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wonderful Weekend - October 25 & 26

Good morning. Another early start for this old babe! I seem to need less and less sleep as I get older. Maybe napping as I watch TV after dinner is the problem.

I have to be at the Quilters Bake, Craft, etc. Sale at 8 and need to get into 5th gear shortly. I forgot to run the washer last night and need something that I want to wear! Silly me! Yesterday's old jeans and messy t-shirt just won't cut it today. I did get all my baking done, packaged and loaded into the car so now just need to get myself done, packaged in clothes and loaded in.

Dogs just started screaming out the front window and I checked. A huge fox just ran down the road! I sure hope he keeps on going. On second thought, it's dark out there and I could not see his colour - maybe it was a wolf.

The sale runs 10 to 2 and I hope to be back here by 3. Book Club meets tonight but it's just up the Hill at Liz's so no rides to arrange. The Fair Board AGM is a lunch meeting tomorrow so this weekend is another busy one.

Pop in and say Hi! I've made extra coffee.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:38 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Thanks for getting us started this morning! Your morning has already been exciting! We have both fox and coyote (no wolves) but I always hope I spot the coyote before Bing does....and gently bring him inside. Hope your laundry gets finished and you have a great day at the sale!

I'm up early and have knocked out the quarterly paperwork for the business. Now I'm going to start the process of a new lease. Maybe I can get the initial copy done so my mom can proof it. Work at 7 then home for a nap....sounds like a great Saturday to me.

Have a great day everyone.....I'm headed down in search of more coffee!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Debbie, if Ruth is running low I have more coffee!

Ruth, I hope your sale goes well. Good thing you had your little break last weekend since you never get one while you are in Delta!

Debbie, you must be very organized to juggle everything you do! Hope work goes smoothly and you get your nap.

Not sure what is on my schedule today; I have cleaning to do and need to grocery shop but we will see. Right now I'm just enjoying sipping my coffee and not going to work.

Have a great day, ladies.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Ruth and Lexxiss! I'll be honest, I popped in the last few days, but didn't feel like starting a new thread, so I didn't post. Yes, I really was THAT lazy.

My trip went VERY well. I met Jaime's nephew and he met all of my family except my younger brother and my dad, plus many of my friends. Everybody liked him, which made me very happy. My bestfriend asked me if I was in love, but told me she already knew the answer. *sigh* I guess it's official.

We basically squeezed 3 months worth of dates into one week and I think I may have tired him out too much b/c the night we checked in at the beach I was awakened around 3 that morning by him having a pretty violent seizure. He's never had one before and it was out of the blue. Very scary being on the other end of that 911 call, for sure! He was very confused, but came to a little more when the ambulance arrived. He's following up with a neurologist to see if they can figure out a cause.

Have I missed out on anything? Looks like I'm not the only one kicking it back to Phase I, I see. Unfortunately I have plans to go out tonight, though, which means I'll be having a few drinks. Guess I'll restart Phase I again tomorrow. Ugh.

Okay, I hate the way I look in these pics (hence the Phase I restart, LMFAO), but here ya go...me and my sweetie.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Oops, you snuck in on me there, Beth! Good morning!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee, Ruth! I hope there weren't any pre-dawn walkers out when that fox trotted down the street! Good luck with the bake sale today!

Debbie, do you have a form letter that you use for the lease, or do you write up a new one for each individual renter?

I'm still suffering from that stomach bug, but at least now I know it isn't from any food I've been eating, since I eliminated just about everything all week. Yesterday my DIL told me she has the same symptoms, so there must be a virus going around. I've had it for 6 days now, so maybe it's on it's way out of here.

I have to be at my SIL's by 11:30, then we're meeting up with the rest of our Red Hatter's group for lunch and going to a matinee. We were supposed to be going to a dinner theater, but too many of our members couldn't make it so we changed plans. I just hope my tummy behaves while I'm out!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #7  

Good morning to Beth and Natasha! You both snuck in on me! I'm glad you had a great trip, Natasha.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - are you going to see that nun show? It sounded funny! Dang - a six day bug, that's ridiculous! Of course, I'm still having waves of nausea (no, not preggers!), but most of my meals are normal.

Ruth - what's the book on tap? I love seeing the wildlife out our back window. So does Emma Jean...

Beth - AMEN sister! I don't have to work today either, whoopee!

Natasha - Yay! Glad you had a great trip. The seizure thing is scary, hope he's okay.

Debbie - enjoy the day

I've already been to the grocery store - the biggest game of the year is today, and town will be crazy - so I went early to avoid the crowds. Now to relax with coffee, and then start working on cleaning the house. And a nap, it's the weekend!!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #9  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning, everyone. This is early for me. You always make me feel lazy!

I'm off to the grocery store and have nothing planned except housecleaning. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's another lovely day here, so not sure if we are going to Boo at the Zoo or going to a Homecoming parade that is just in the next town over today. DD2 has a Halloween party at 4 p.m. today so we will need to be back in time to get her ready for that.

Ruth enjoy the bake sale and book club tonight

Debbie you have been busy, enjoy your nap later on

Beth I love the weekends since I am always off

Natasha glad you had a good time with your sweetie and hope he finds a cause for the seizure

Cottage hope you feel better today that is a long bug

Tywnn and Xan enjoy your day

Guess I need to go get ready so we can enjoy the day! I will finish the last of house cleaning this evening.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I am home from the sale and was soaked to the skin. There is no way one can carry an umbrella and carry boxes and other leftovers out to the car. I am now in my warm robe and slippers, the stove is roaring away. I must confess I am sipping a hot rum toddy - strictly for medicinal purposes, of course. ; My dogs are delighted that I'm home. (No accidents and they have been alone since 7:30 a.m. A piece of cheese was the reward!)

We brought in nearly $2K from the four hours of sales - crafts, baking, White Elephant Table and coffee and goodies which were by donation. That will buy a lot of fabric and batting for more quilts for cancer patients! A lot of work but such a worthy cause. I know there is a Victoria's Quilts Group or several in the USA but have heard they are not very active. We are supposed to just supply Canadian patients but there are ways around that - ask Linda!

So ... I think a hot shower may be happening soon and then I'll prepare a decent supper (chicken breast plus ???) and trundle up the Hill for Book Club. "We live in exciting times" - can't remember who said that. Must look it up! Just did ... and it was Robert Kennedy and he said " Like it or not we live in interesting times."
Old 10-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

WAKE UP!! Are y'all sleeping in?! I did....7:09, which is great for me. I was reading up on the football game that I was too tired to stay up and watch...double overtime.

We have a pot luck today at church (I made sausage, spinach and cheese cass, a phase I dish...) and then class tonight. I'm not sure what is going on in between....probably grocery shopping and a hike. Hmmmm....never enough time!

My coffee is fabulous this AM. Anyone joining me?
Old 10-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I slept in this morning so it's all about coffee and smoothie before I get to work this morning. I did get my big bag of carrots all trimmed and washed so they can go back in the refrigerator.

Ruth, nice haul for your sale yesterday!vI hope today is a little bit slower paced.

Linda, I have two different leases one for residential and one for commercial. I just take one or the other and fill-in the blanks and make a few changes if I need to. It's gotten pretty easy.

Beth, I got my organizational start over on the Beck thread. I've been working on it for four years now and getting rid of all the junk I didn't need to really opened up a lot of space for taking care of the things I need to take care of. My best strategy has been to do a little bit of something every day which has seem to keep everything under control.

Well I guess I'd better get cracking.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Am I the only one who has coffee? Get your cup and come over.

We actually ended up with a bit of sun yesterday which was a nice trip. DH and I managed a walk before heading off to buy groceries and I was able to pick a bunch of brussel sprouts. I am about to pull the last couple broccoli plants but the B sprouts will stay. Other than that, I was able to do quite a few chores.

Today I will make quiche for the week and do some more laundry but also make time to read a book (while DH is watching football.)

Have a great day chicks!!

ETA- I guess a few of us were thinking the same thing!! Morning, Tammy and Debbie.

Last edited by Beth19; 10-26-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #15  

Good morning on this last Sunday in October, and looking out the window, Mother Nature is certainly letting us know that Fall is here! The wind is blowing and there's a rainbow of leaves dancing in the air.

Ruth, I'm glad the bake sale was such a success, and hope you're not suffering any ill effects from getting soaked yesterday.

I had a fun day yesterday with my Red Hatter's group, and the movie was really good. I came home to a full house, since my DD and DGD came out to spend the night. We intended to stay up late playing a board game, but I wimped out and was in bed by 11. Everyone is up now, and there's a lot of conversations and interruptions going on, so I'd better go for now.

Have a great Sunday!
Closed Thread