South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 05:55 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend at the Beach, October 18-19

Good Morning

What's on your weekend agenda? The coffee just finished brewing and I'm headed over for a cup. Stop and say hi

It's been a rough go these past few days. I'm tired and get 0 time to myself. Yesterday ended with my mom falling and bonking her head necessitating a trip to the ER. Everything was ok but I think she's going to be pretty colorful for awhile.

I snuck out of bed this morning hoping for some me time....We travel back over today and I head to work tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-18-2014, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Debbie thanks for starting us off. Poor mom, glad nothing to serious. When will your life calm down so you could take a breath? Sending you extra energy and serenity.

Well after months of waiting, not patiently either lol, the results are finally out. I am number 5 on the lieutenant' list. My Chief called me last night at 9:30 to congratulate me. The date isn't set yet for promotions, but they are making 6. My new partner Scired number 1 on the sergeant's list. I am absolutely elated for him.

I am off to Joe's to clean while he and his buddy work on the house. Such and exciting way to spend my day off lol.

Hope everyone enjoys their day
Old 10-18-2014, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

CONGRATULATIONS Jekel! So happy for you and your partner. By the sounds of it, you really deserve it.

Debbie - me time is tough but necessary, I hope you find some.

I'm quite excited about my trip today! First time in a looonnnng time that we will be without children. I know I won't be perfectly on plan, but realize I never pick high carb foods anymore - just don't do it. It was sweet - a coworker bought me a ginger ale when I was sick, and I told them the next day that was the first soda I've drank in over 6 years! (it wasn't even good....)

I would say I won't check in tomorrow, but who's kidding who - I generally wake up 2 hours before DH.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, that's a shame about your mother and I hope she's doing well. You do so much for everyone else, I hope you get in a little "me" time today.

Jennifer, congratulations to you and your partner! That's a great picture of you, and you look absolutely amazing!

Tammy, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Have a wonderful weekend in Lancaster! I'm glad you're feeling better just in time for it. Let us know how you like the dinner theatre since I'll be going next Saturday with my Red Hat Ladies.

We're getting ready to go over to Monica's for the weekend. Tomorrow is her birthday, so we're taking her out to dinner to celebrate tonight, and will head back home tomorrow morning after watching Carley play the bells in the Hand Bell Choir at church.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning busy chicks!

Debbie, I am glad your mom is okay. Hope you find a little break time today.

Jennifer, I will add my congratulations!!! I have a sneaking suspicion you are really good at your job and it is nice to be noticed.

Tammy, happy anniversary and enjoy your trip!

Cottage, sounds like a fun weekend for you to!

My day will consist mostly of niggles and such. I will be sure to make some reading time as well!!

Have a great day, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-18-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Seems like time is going so fast right now I don't get in as often as I want to. Somedays by the time I read through I don't have time to post

Debbie - Glad Mom is okay. I hope you find a little time for you today. Have to replenish the person who takes care of everyone else.

Jennifer - Congratulations! Loved the picture the other day.

Tammy - Enjoy your weekend away

Cottage - Happy birthday to Monica.

Beth - Niggling here too. Do you have the dreaded "s" word in your forecast? My Mom was telling me they do. Ugh, not ready. I hope the National Weather Service is right and our winter temps are above average. I will survive the snow if it's not as cold as last year.

I have two days "off" that are ten times busier than my normal work days. What's up with that? I do actually have a bunch of work to do, a display unit and materials to create, but I can do that from my desk while doing other things around here. I'm pretty sure tomorrow night is it for the garden so I want to get the last batch of tomatillos out and processed. The perennial bed crossed from fall pretty to yuck this week so that needs to be dealt with. Then there's the grapevines. I decided I want to save the vines for wreaths (you know, in my spare time) so they are waiting for me to clean up. Yesterday we found a gorgeous 4' x 2' solid chopping block top island for our kitchen and a 6+' handmade bookcase for our exercise/movie/guest room. I love Junktiques and can't wait to get those last spaces set. Of course that means moving things around, organizing, cleaning behind the things that come out, etc. Oh, and all while processing pumpkin and apples I am tired already. My favorite farm stand has their end of the season winter squash sale ($15/bushel) so I need to get the pantry shelves ready for all that yumminess. That means finishing the kitchen cabinet rearranging. Guess I better get up and start checking things off the list!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Congrats, Jennifer!

Happy anniversary, Tammy!

Linda, enjoy your family weekend celebration!

Beth, happy niggle-day,

Cyndi, nice new (to you) furniture!

Thanks for the kind wishes! I am coming up with a plan to take are of muself, mostly as it relates to food. These past few days were super unstructured and not tailored to how I need to eat. I got a wee bit of me time this morning to really think things through. Since my sis will be back the 1st week of Nov. I'm going to come up with a plan for the I between time. It's time to really watch calories, even though I don't usually count. I was at the top of my maintenance range before this week now I am committed to getting back to ticker before sis returns. Other than that, life is good!

We will drive back over today and sis flies out at 6pm. Tomorrow is work. I have a plan.

Take care everyone!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi friends!
Jennifer - congratulations! That is wonderful news. My BIL is ex corrections/FDNY (retired due to an injury) so I know how great it will be for you.
Debbie - it's a constant struggle to balance our own needs against the needs of others. The most useful advice I ever heard on this subject was "you can lighten someone's burden but you can't carry their load for them."

We've got a quiet weekend ahead, thank g-d. Things seem calm on my parent's end, at least right now. I'm going up on Tuesday just for a couple of hours to go with my mom to her lawyer's office, and then to meet the dr. they have been seeing.

Today, there's a fall festival at my son's school, and then we've got a friend's 50th birthday party tonight. I won't be staying late - I'm tired, and not in the mood necessarily to party. Tomorrow is just church and then stuff around the house. I really need some down time myself. Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 10-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie glad you are coming up with a plan

Jekel congratulations!!! Well deserved I believe

Tywnn enjoy your weekend gateaway! My conference was just DH and me so that was totally new for us we always have at least DD2 with us. It was kinda of nice but they know how to reach me by phone that's for sure

Cottage have fun with Monica

Beth hope you get all the niggles done

Cyndi good find on all of that furniture

Matilda sounds like you have a full day.

I got most of downstairs cleaned and the bathroom and have been washing comforters as well- stripped my bed completely and washed everything even sham covers.

Today we are off to Fright Fest and are taking DD2 and 2 of her friends with us.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Godd afternoon

nice cozy day (which is better than dreadful).

Congratulations. Jen

sorry no time for personals. Lots of niggles here too
take care
Sophie
Old 10-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

and then someone offered free soft wood cut and split and my morning changed course. It's nice to have enough firewood to finish the season but not exactly the way I planned the morning. I might be behind now.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

We had a nice trip over yesterday and I got my sister to the airport on time.I go to work at seven this morning so I'm getting my act together

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

I made great strides in the kitchen yesterday. Got the freezer moved to the pantry and settled the new island in. I think this is the first time I've ever had so much uncluttered cooking space. I'm in heaven Now I need to get to the things that were on my list yesterday.

We had Elana's pumpkin custard last night. It is so good I know we will have it again before pumpkin season ends.

Does anyone do any cheese making? I have some rennet I bought a year ago. If I increase it some will it still work to make mozzarella?

Okay, time to get to it. First, powder and store dried pumpkin.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning!

Cyndi, you must be so excited to have your kitchen coming together. As far as all that work space...be careful: you might be tempted to find new cooking tools to fill it up! When we moved into our house 15 years ago I thought I would never fill up all the cabinets but somehow I have...

I've already made a batch of Kayln's egg muffins for the week (DH's favorite), some PB Banana muffins and a spinach quiche for me, but now I'm thinking pumpkin as well. Maybe this one?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dess...sy-things.html

Hope all the chicks that are traveling are having a great time! I'm off for more coffee if anyone is around that needs some.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a beautiful day here. DH won 2 tickets to Rams football game today but I declined going, need some downtime since we spent all day at 6 Flags yesterday.

Cyndi I am wanting to try that Almond scone recipe you posted, I just need to go get a couple of ingredients I don't have on hand.

Everyone else enjoy your day!
Closed Thread