South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend Beach Chat, October 4-5

Good Morning

Coffee is on! Bing and I have already been out. It's peaceful and pretty warm, which is nice. I think it will be a great day to do some yardwork. The plan is to get my bills paid so I'll be able to get out and enjoy the warm and sunny day. Right now my internet isn't cooperating so we shall see. I heard yesterday that there is a free recycle for electronics in Denver today. If I get ambitious I might haul the old and working Xerox machine from my travel agency. I always thought I might use it but I haven't in 10 years and I'd love to have the space. It seems like this group is interested in repairing and reuse so I'd be glad to know it would find another home. While I'm down I'll check on the grandbabies and do some grocery shopping. Tomorrow I head back to work.

What's on your list today? Stop and say hi

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-04-2014, 05:45 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Oops! Typo....at least I got the date right. I must have been thinking of all the weeds in my yard that I would love to remove before the ground freezes!
Old 10-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I edited your title, Debbie, although I loved WEEDend and wish it would come around here. I did finish pulling out the remaining weeds in the raised bed yesterday and it looks much better. All that's left is a bug clump or parsley and the kale forest.

Your weather sounds much better than ours - we have 42ºF and rain ahead for the next three days. Not a good weekend for the wedding. Good thing the decorator and caterer worked so hard yesterday doing set-up - today would not be a good day for lugging in table cloths and floral stuff. I need to unlock at 9 and drive to get the bread for 10. After that I will focus on my own stuff for a change. Devilled eggs to make for a party tonight and egg salad to make for sandwiches tomorrow. "Ask a busy person!"

The dogs look as if they have settled in for the rainy weekend. They are curled together on the couch and zzzing in unison. The Evil White Cat is not taunting them - probably because of the rain. I wish I could join them but have to crank up this long day. I hope to work in an afternoon nap so I'm not completely wiped for the party tonight.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever it brings.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Thanks Ruth! I'm hoping our warm and dry weather comes your way soon! I hope you get all your necessaries out of the way soon so that you can enjoy some of your own "stuff".
Old 10-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning!

Debbie, Ruth and I just came off a run of 10 or 11 days of the most gorgeous fall weather and now the long range forecast looks for a week of 50s and rain. I guess that will be the end of the colorful foliage. At least I tried to enjoy it while it lasted and have made some progress towards cleaning up the yard.

Today will be niggles for me: groceries, laundry, cleaning. I will probably get some book time in while DH watches football.

Ruth,
hope your day is manageable. Every time I hear your schedule I think I should keep working rather than ever retire!

Debbie, your recycle event sounds great. I think I need to attend one as well. We have some items hanging around that should go...

Ok, who needs coffee?
Old 10-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies,
We have rain, and probably 60s or something here today. That's ok, because I have a lot to do around the house! This morning I promised I would take my son to the new Lego store in Manhattan. It will be a quick run in there and back. I've got a bunch of cooking to do this afternoon and laundry as well. In a way that makes it ok that it's raining, at least I won't feel like I should be outside. Tonight will be quiet because I'm working the church Ministry Fair at all services tomorrow, so need to be there by 7:30. Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sneaking in at lunch. Perfect soup day and glad to be on the desk lol. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be nice. I sure hope so as I have a 13 hour traffic detail tomorrow. Stay dry chicks
Old 10-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Busy weekend here. I work this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon. This evening we are going to dinner at my mom's for the Jewish Holiday. (I will so NOT be eating OP. She is making one of my very favorite foods and it is neither SBD friendly or gluten-free!) Tomorrow night DH and I have been invited to go with friends to the baseball playoff game.

Have a great one.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies! Just popping in for a quick hello. 3 hours in on my 8 hour shift for the night. T'was an interesting day in College Football...I'm curious to see what the polls are like after the wins and losses that happened today.

Still counting down the days until I see my sweetie. 2 more days!
Old 10-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning. Despite a really hectic day yesterday, I still woke at 5. I seem to be getting a cold - probably from being wet most of the time yesterday. I even made excuses and did not go to Joanne's porch party although I did take over the deviled eggs late afternoon.

Today will be a bit easier than yesterday but I still need to let the wedding folk back into the Hall for clean-up and also finish sandwiches for the euchre at the Fair Hall this afternoon. I just may do them shortly and take them over to the fridge. I plan to spend the afternoon sipping Neo-Citran and reading my Book Club book. It's going to continue to rain so it'll be a good afternoon to just relax.

Whoops! Just checked the weather report and they are saying sunshine so I may change my plans. We sure got enough rain yesterday to last a month!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - Euchre! That was my favorite through college. Lots of good memories with that. I hope you really get to relax today.

Back from my conference, which I had a yucky head cold for all of it. Our bosses sure do treat us well, we went to the nascar museum and had a blast. Go figure! I'm not even a nascar fan, but I did get 5th of 16 in a race!

We'll just say there wasn't a ton on plan, and I didn't make much effort to stay on plan, esp with sleeping poorly and feeling yucky. If I'm really lucky, DH will let me take a nap today.

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-05-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

Welcome back, Tammy! Sorry about your cold. Take a nap.

Ruth, sorry, too, that you're coming down with the yuckies. Stay close to home today...dry and warm.

Natasha, countdown!

Karen, I keep wondering just what your mom made!

Beth, hope your niggles got done!

Jennifer, towards our favorite traffic cop!

Matilda, hope your evening was restful!

Me, just got up from a 1 hour nap. It's off to work. I went to bed early and got up early. I have a new carpet cleaner inspired by the state of the carpet in the pet/laundry room. It works well for cheap and I was pleased to have time to do it this morning. I scrubbed in the kitchen, as well, and cleaned out the fridge. All were much needed. DH went back over the hill...grumpy so I'll take advantage of the free time to get caught up.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 10-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Karen, I keep wondering just what your mom made!
She makes an apple kugel. It is a Jewish noodle "pudding" loaded with butter. She makes it once (or maybe twice) a year. I eat a ton in one sitting; no leftovers as in years past. My concession to eating healthy. I think it is one of those things that maybe you have to grow up with to like. I made it years ago for my (non-Jewish) in-laws at Christmas and it didn't go over so well.

I worked this afternoon, ran errands, and got a coffee with caffeine so I can (hopefully) stay away for the baseball game tonight. Off to figure out what layers to wear.

Have a great evening, chicks.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi quick check in from the hotel. We are having a great time in Minnesota tomorrow we switch hotels to where conference begins tomorrow night. It is a bit chilly up here but not too bad.
Closed Thread