South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Trippin' Out Thursday Beach Chat for 10/02

Wow, how did it already get to October??? This year has FLOWN by!!! And, woot woot, only 5 more days until I see my sweetheart!!!

Sorry I've been absent lately. There are some staffing issues at work that are only going to get worse and, because of that, I had to stay over 3 of my 4 days working this past rotation. One day was only for 2 1/2 hours, but the other 2 days were for full shifts. I'm a laid back person and I don't usually complain about overtime, but this is getting ridiculous. And, of course, on the nights I'm working alone there's nobody else to hold over...so there's no getting out of it if nobody else volunteers to take it. Thank God I'm not working the day before I fly out or I'd wind out being held over and missing my flight!

I don't really have a lot going on...just counting the days until I can see Jaime again. What's everybody else up to?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Natasha and everyone to come.

I'm just trying to not complain about being locked inside at work as these beautiful fall days roll by. At least last weekend was gorgeous and I was able to get outside. And hearing about your hours puts mine into perspective, Natasha!! It is just that I know what type of weather is right around the corner...

Just another Thursday as I roll through the week. Work is busy but no major stresses; so far this year my classes are good. My weight on the other hand: not so much. I gained about 7 or 8 pounds this summer and it is SLOW coming back off. I think I am being OP...Maybe it is my age/hormone combo. I am going to resolve to up my exercise a bit and see what happens.

Ok, I must be on the move. Ruth, did you take out the trash? I only say that because Thursday is my day as well.

Try not to trip too much today chicks- last time I did I ended up with knee surgery!!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-02-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Beth - Me. Too. How old are you?

Natasha - good to "see" you!

I'm sitting here in my hotel room in Charlotte, NC...going to class shortly. The travel was a bit exhausting, I think because of this darned cold (my DS is sooo sweet to share everything ). We'll see what kind of food offerings they give us! As long as there's gooood coffee, I'll be fine.

Have a good one...
Old 10-02-2014, 07:14 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OMG! Yes - I need to lug out the trash! Thanks for the reminder, Neighbour Beth! Back in a bit.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Back. Just in from taking the trash out in the fog. Beth, I looked south and mentally thanked you for the reminder. The maple trees sort of glow when it's foggy. Actually I enjoy the peek at the morning on trash days - even in the winter, particularly after a snowfall.

Natasha, that avatar scared me this morning. I seem to have a fear of that sort of thing. Sounds like you are working way too much and will well-deserve your holiday.

Tammy, that IS a long drive or did you fly? On my first trip through Charlotte airport, I was amazed to see all the white rocking chairs. I have to get back down that way soon.

Yesterday's PBS shooting went well and was quite interesting. It will air on PBS in the spring. It's about features in this area such as the Rideau Canal and the Thousand Islands. Margo faked baking bread on camera at the Mill, not in the kitchen, to make it all look more "period". There were many, many retakes, as is usual - takes about an hour to get a minute of good footage. The "talent" kept helping her and was really screwing up the kneading process. She finally said "You'd better get it right this time because bread won't wait!" I sure hope they keep that in the soundtrack! Sure made for a long day but it was fun.

Today I will spend some time at the Mill and Town Hall putting things back in order for the weekend wedding. I do have to be home for a serviceman this afternoon. My hot water heater is being temperamental. After he leaves, I'll do some more cutting back outside because it looks like this spell of great weather is about to end.

Whatever you do today, enjoy it - or parts of it, at least.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Rainy day here last day of 80s weather tomorrow brings the 60's. Up in Minnesota where we are going Saturday the highs will be in the 50's next week trying to decide if I should bring a coat versus just a sweater.

Natasha sorry to hear that you have so much mandatory overtime that can be draining.

Beth I know once I hit 45 the weight became stubborn and so much easier to gain, I almost think once I am finally over this per menopause stage it will get easier since I am hoping my hormones will calm down.

Tywnn hope they have food that is on plan for you

Ruth I will have to look for that in the Spring you will need to remind us so we can see if they play down here.

Today and Tomorrow wfh on tap is getting all of my reports done so none of my guys have to worry about that next week while I am gone.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Beth, your story could be/is mine. For some reason in the spring I pretty suddenly gained about 10 lbs and it is NOT coming off. I know I'm cheating a fair amount, but something should be happening, right??? I agree it must be age/hormone related. When does it end? I feel like I've been going through perimenopause since 2010 when I was 44. I'm 48 now. My dr. keeps insisting that my FSH is normal so that means that I am not entering menopause, but I really really think that drs. these days (with the exception of Christiane Northrup) know jack sh*t about women's bodies and perimenopause/menopause in particular.

OK - rant over - got to get to work. Everyone have a great day!!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Lol I am in the same hormonal boat at 43. I go up and down almost 8 pounds in one month and I am being good! I am accepting this is my normal right now. Happy my smaller clothes all still fit. I may not see 138 anytime soon, but staying at it under goal is my focus.

Pearlrose take a jacket!!! When I went to Ohio last summer it was only 10 degrees cooler than NY. However it felt much cooler to me. I wore my jacket every day. Better be safe

Natasha I am working my RDOs next week by choice. It is worse when you are forced. Hang in there you'll be with your honey soon

Back to work
Old 10-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Tammy, I turned 50 last February. So that's my standard excuse now: must be my metabolism is slowing!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

All I can say to you Beach Babes on the hormone rollercoaster, it's absolutely great when it's over! I hit it in my early 50's and was done by the time I was 56. (Of course, in those days, gynos prescribed estrogen.) I did pack on some pounds though, probably from going out for a beer with the boys after work = Harry was in Delta and I was in the Ottawa condo.

Had a great time at the Town Hall today - the Mill was in A1 shape - my friend Susie out did herself with the gorgeous stuff she has collected for the Saturday wedding reception in the Hall. I'll try to get some pictures once we have finished set-up. (Found my camera which I've not used since 2009 and it still works! Good thing because my cell phone no longer works - "Invalid SIM card" - WTF?)

Not sure what to have for dinner as I forgot to thaw anything. I may get "stuck" with spaghetti squash and garlic scape pesto which means nobody will want to work with me pinning quilts at tomorrow's quilting biddy meeting! That's OK - I've been rejected before!

Have a great evening and tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! (Thinking of Linda and her guy Jake as they enjoy Cape May on the beach!
Closed Thread